E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lexus LFA dyno Test by Edmunds Inside Line

04-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #23
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejdm View Post
Haters seem to be under the impression the LF-A is actually getting cross shopped with cars. Race car drivers, Professional Athletes and the like do NOT shop for cars. There's no point in comparing this to anything else in it's price bracet because they either A) already have those cars or B) don't care about the dollar to performance ratio.
Do I like the way it looks? not so much. Does the car accomplish everything toyota set out to do? I think so. And I think it embodies the "japanese" spirit more so than the GTR.

Kudos to not filling up this thread with "this car is slow for how much it costs" etc..
+1

I agree that this thing is sick and embodies more japanese-spirit than the GTR..its very elegant, simple clean lines and has crazy rpm action.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #24
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
+1

I agree that this thing is sick and embodies more japanese-spirit than the GTR..its very elegant, simple clean lines and has crazy rpm action.
Can't agree that this is the embodiment of the Japanese-spirt compared to the GTR. The GTR is how one would expect them to develop a performance car, using alternative technologies like Forced Induction engines and computer controlled All Wheel Drive system to achieve their desired goals, if anything the LF-A more traditional and dare I say more Italian in it's design and development than Japanese.

P.S.
Don't misunderstand me, I am glad Lexus built it and do rate it very special, just not to the extent that I would place it on the level of a Ferrari 458/599, Lamborghini Aventador or Porsche GT2/CGT.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #25
Kartelli
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15 AW M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
The number is 10.

There are only 10 cars coming to Canada at this point. I'd have to look up the exact breakdown, but not surprisingly, 6 are going to Vancouver, 1 here in Calgary and the other 3 are going out East.
haha I was wayyy off! But it proves my point I'll go halfer's with you, meet up in Red Deer for the drop off point every 2 weeks haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #26
MzSpeed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: zoom-zoom

Drag race with the GT2-RS

Appreciate 0