E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Pregnant Wife Being Unreasonable

02-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #23
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by damadama View Post
Does anyone ever really fall into that boat? I don't think i've met too many young guys that are gung ho about starting families. Its the bitches that drag you into it.
Chill, Dude. Anyone who's gone through the experience of having a child knows that women can NOT be reasonable during pregnancy even if they try. Too much hormonal gymanstic played on them by force of nature. You just have to be understanding and patient.

BTW, "bitches" can try to "drag you in" but no one puts a gun on your head to go ahead with it if you don't want to (unless it's a shotgun wedding for which you have no one else to blame except yourself )
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #24
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

First off, congrats on becoming a father! It's truly an experience that will change your life.

Ok, now onto the real task at hand. Taking champagne to the brunch will keep the preggo wife happy and really takes no effort on your end. Though arguing about the champagne with the preggo MAY cause a fight which will result in an emotional crying preggo. Deal with crying preggo? Or deal with carrying a bottle champagne. The choice is yours.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #25
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Just bring a bottle of $20 Champagne, if it's at someone's house.

I think your wife is right.

The Champagne isn't for you and your wife, it's for the hostess and host. It's a gift, for throwing a brunch. It's not a pot luck.

Congratulations, BTW.

When are you moving to surburbia?

Edit - don't treat her like an emotional cripple when she is pregnant. It's not an excuse to act inappropriately. She'll get used to it. Don't put up with crap.

Married 14 years here, 3 kids, oldest 5 years.

Yes, we fight all the time.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #26
JayeJaymes
Alien
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 2016 M4

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2016 M4  [0.00]
wouldn't pepsi be a bad alternative aswell for pregnant woman since it has caffein?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #27
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
Why must we be so god damned fancy-schmancy all the time?
You sir is the one who marry your wife so live with it
      02-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #28
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

To sum up what others have said and what I feel the best advice is:
1. do not put up with unreasonable crap because she is pregnant. If she won't understand reason, agree to disagree.

2. more important than one, don't argue the little shit man. You're just beating your head against the wall. Seriously, bringing a bottle of champagne to a party is what you want to start a fight about?

Wait until it's something important before you bring out the guns.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #29
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
My wife is pregnant. We are super excited. She is due August 22, 2009. I've never been more excited or ready for something in my life.

That said...we have a brunch to go to on Sunday Morning in Washington, Dc. She wants to bring Champagne. She can't drink (because she's knocked up) and I don't drink Champagne. In addition, one of the guests is breast Feeding a new born (and thus shouldn't be drinking) and another guest is pregnant as well. So...bringing champagne doesn't make sense.

I suggested we bring a jug of Pepsi and a sack of Chips Ahoy. She refuses.

I mean...who doesn't like Pepsi and Chips Ahoy? Why must we be so god damned fancy-schmancy all the time?
Are you sure it's her being unreasonable? Just humor her dude. Trust me, I have one little one and another one due in the next few weeks. It isn't worth the headache.
Appreciate 0