E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I've been laid off and am thinking of foreclosing on my house

02-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #67
lauer87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott howell View Post
Alright guys, here's an update. My loan is going through my lender's loan modification program and is in review now. This is the good news.

One event that makes this a bit tricky is that I am getting married soon. If they approve the loan modification and I marry afterwards, that's not an issue. If they approve the loan modification right after I get married, will I have an issue? I think I will as I have to include my fiancee's assets and salary into my financial statement. We keep everything separate as of now, but once we get married the lender will expect me to combine them and this may affect the outcome of the modification. I think I'm screwed.

Scott
You don't have to combine assets after you get married. Alot of couples file separate tax returns because of one of the spouses lines of work.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #68
UCSBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott howell View Post
Alright guys, here's an update. My loan is going through my lender's loan modification program and is in review now. This is the good news.

One event that makes this a bit tricky is that I am getting married soon. If they approve the loan modification and I marry afterwards, that's not an issue. If they approve the loan modification right after I get married, will I have an issue? I think I will as I have to include my fiancee's assets and salary into my financial statement. We keep everything separate as of now, but once we get married the lender will expect me to combine them and this may affect the outcome of the modification. I think I'm screwed.

Scott

Non issue...she's not on the loan, you are. Just be aware when doing a modification directly with the Lender. They are out for their best interests not yours...so they may just put you in a forebearance, or repayment plan which will actually make your situation worse in the long run. Alot of times they just give you a temporary fix and then tack on unpaid principle and additional fees to your existing balance.

Current: G05
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #69
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08

To OP

Hey man. I feel for you. Hope everything works out. You're being proactive and that is a +1.

I don't know if you have faith but in times like these it doesn't hurt.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #70
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 2020 X3MC

wow what a read this thread was.

reminds us all of the fragility of our lives.

off topic: if you're going to get married soon- isn't that another huge expense? why don't you put that off for a year or so?

good luck OP. keep us updated.

Previously:
1999 M3 2002 M3 2005 S4 2008 C63 2015 M3 2016 X5M 2019 911S
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #71
rav7ks
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Garage List
08 M3  [0.00]
Collection guys are @#@!#!# lowest of the lows
I hope it works out for you Scott.
Man, I had to deal with collectors and they are scum, they threaten use scare tactics.
I was a student at that time, now I'm working and paid off my debt. But that was one bad experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #72
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

scott you seem like a nice guy, and are really trying to be honorable to an extent, admitting your faults.

its really a shame that you lived so far beyond your means, that you did not have the dicipline or mindset to buy things you can actually afford

unfortunatly you are now paying the cost for your mistakes

quick stat: the avg person has between 2 to 3 weeks of income saved up if they were to lose there job. 2 to 3 weeks. thats it

its unreal how some people extend themselves............
Appreciate 0