E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Remove DRM from protected iTunes files?

05-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Remove DRM from protected iTunes files?

Apple can really suck it with their ridiculous DRM bullshit that they impose on customers. It's really absurd.

Anyone know how I can remove the DRM protection on protected .m4p files that I have on an old iPod?

I want to transfer these to my various computers, Mac's, etc... And iTunes is just the most annoying program in the world.

I'm looking for a lose-less way to do it without encoding and re-encoding the files. There has to be a way to just strip the DRM from the files?

Thanks in advance....
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Depending on your iTunes version, you could use requiem http://undrm.info/remove-DRM-protect...unes-files.htm. Using a virtual cd-rw product is also an option.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
DeDeK
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Well, everybody heats DRM protection from the audio and video files we have bought. I was in the same situation as you a while and I got mad of iTunes' copy protection and decided to remove my iTunes music and videos in order to transfer them on my iPhone.

So, you have two possibilities: you can remove DRM protection from your protected iTunes files by burning a cd with your files and then save them on your pc again. But, honestly I found this way boring and a waste of time and even lose in quality. I have tried this method but wasn't so satisfied with it.

Another method you could use is to unprotect and unlock iTunes files with a DRM protection removal which in my opinion is much better than burning a cd. But be careful because not all the DRM removers are legal, there are some of them which simply crack the DRM copy protection and those are illegal.
But there are some of them legal which just rerecord the original files and save your files into unprotected files: mp3, avi, mp4 etc. They are legal, but still as long as you don't share the converted files with your friends or other people.

After so many searches and trials, I found Tunebite Converter which I think it's the most reliable and efficient DRM protection remover, because it's legal, it can convert many audio and video files into any formats I need and the quality of the converted files is pretty good.

I hope this will help you, because as I said I was in your position and I would have liked if some would have advised me about this problem.

Last edited by DeDeK; 07-23-2010 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: mispelling
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

^ is accurate...

I personally have no itune songs, all my came from my own CD, or I went and found mp3 of all the albums and cassettes I still own sitting in my basement.

You know that apple now allows you to sync all your music onto any many computers as you like in your household. Ihave 4 in my house and load music on the one and they sync the other via itunes.

One editorial comment, DRM is not a apple thing, it is the music industry that force apple into to allow you to buy music online, and thanks to apple who forced the issue with the music industry they are not allow to sell DRM free music. The ability to buy a single song for $0.99 came as a price of DRM, you made the trade off and now your upset.
Appreciate 0