E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What gets to you?

Closed Thread

08-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #683
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

1. "Hi, what can I get for you today?" "Hi, burrito bowl to go please. White rice and double chicken". "Sure!"..."Hi, hot, medium, or mild sauce today?" "No thank you, that will be all". "Excuse me?" "That's all". "No sauce or cheese?" MOTHER FUCKER! I SAID THAT'S ALL! IF I WANTED CHEESE, I WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR CHEESE!! GIVE ME MY DAMN BURRITO SO I CAN GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!

2. "Hey Yawar, how are you?" "Hey! Fine, how are you?" "Well, still sucking in air, so I guess I'm fine." CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY, YOU EMOTIONAL PRICK!? CAN'T YOU JUST SMILE AND SAY, "Great! Spent quality time with my kids this past weekend".

3. Being Indian, and walking by an Indian family and all 19 of them stare you down with a look that feels as if your soul is being ripped out of your body. What, do you like me? Why are you staring? This is why I stopped going to Costco.

4. "I don't do deadlifts anymore, I hurt my back doing them."

5. Seeing a puddle of piss next to the urinal. Why'd you even walk up to the urinal? Why didn't you just open the restroom door and take a piss right there, you inbred?

6. Grown men who don't take care of their skin, and/or bones, and/or health in general. And wonder why you're out of breath walking to the vending machine to buy a diet coke when you're 45, or have wrinkly, peely, transparent skin, because "lotion is for bitches".

7. People who wear wife beaters in public. Put a shirt on, you fat bastard.

8. Look, I treat every women I'm with, with respect. If she crashes at my place for the night, I'll politely wake her up the next morning, and say, "feel free to shower, bathroom's right over there. There's an extra toothbrush in the cabinet under the sink, extra towels, etc". In fact, I offer to cook breakfast for her as well, since I'll be making some for myself anyways. But, when I say that I have to get ready to go to work, that's me politely telling you to GTFO. Take the hint. No, I don't care what you have planned for the rest of the day, the door's to the left.

9. "Don't waste food, it could feed starving West African children!" No. That's not how it works, dipshit.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #684
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Hypocrites- or people that say one thing, do another and when caught, would come up with reasons why it was okay for them to do those things when they were against them in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #685
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-335xiCoupe View Post
Zippo fluid works too.
That's what I heard and a bit cheaper....I don't have any as I don't smoke but I might try generic WD40....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #686
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Residue from labels price tags etc. I have a hockey stick shaft where the sticky residue from a bar code will not come off. Do I have to spend $7 to get it off?

http://www.amazon.com/Goo-Gone-oz-Re...words=goo+gone
Toothpaste. I'm serious. We just had a sunroom built and they stuck nasty stickers all over the windows. Toothpaste took the gunk right off.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #687
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post

6. Grown men who don't take care of their skin, and/or bones, and/or health in general. And wonder why you're out of breath walking to the vending machine to buy a diet coke when you're 45, or have wrinkly, peely, transparent skin, because "lotion is for bitches".
Don't be so quick to judge people with skin issues. Lotion doesn't fix everything. It's easy to pass judgment on others when you have good skin yourself. It's like saying you can't stand grown men who have thin hair or are bald.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #688
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Don't be so quick to judge people with skin issues. Lotion doesn't fix everything. It's easy to pass judgment on others when you have good skin yourself. It's like saying you can't stand grown men who have thin hair or are bald.
LOL one of our cousins who is metrosexual was telling the rest of us how we are so stupid not to exfoliate. We were like huhnnnnnh?!

I dunno, it's human nature to be judgmental to some degree. But I was thinking in a thread, "What gets to you?" The responses would be someone driving below the speed limit in the left late, etc., not if someone else is good, bad, ugly, or indifferent....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #689
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

The Red Sox get to me. Worst to First to Worst. What a disaster this season has been.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #690
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
I didn't mean to come off as judgmental. I merely meant, what gets to me is the mentality that "men don't use lotion", and the like. I hear this a lot when one of my male friends talks about his morning routine for getting ready after showering, and my other male friends scold him.

For clarification, I didn't judge people with "skin issues". I applied a cause and effect relationship to one particular case of skin appearance, those who neglect taking care of their skin at a younger age, and as a result, have poor skin when they age. In other words, those who don't think about what they will look like 20-30 years from now. Those with skin issues are irrelevant to what I stated. No need to be so sensitive and apply your own understanding into my words, ask for clarification first next time.

Last edited by squishy; 08-24-2014 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #691
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I didn't mean to come off as judgmental. I merely meant, what gets to me is the mentality that "men don't use lotion", and the like. I hear this a lot when one of my male friends talks about his morning routine for getting ready after showering, and my other male friends scold him.

For clarification, I didn't judge people with "skin issues". I applied a cause and effect relationship to one particular case of skin appearance, those who neglect taking care of their skin at a younger age, and as a result, have poor skin when they age. In other words, those who don't think about what they will look like 20-30 years from now. Those with skin issues are irrelevant to what I stated. No need to be so sensitive and apply your own understanding into my words, ask for clarification first next time.
`
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #692
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:

What gets to me are people who expect me to be a mind reader.

Ooh, does that make me appear sensitive again.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #693
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
What gets to me are people who expect me to be a mind reader.
omg...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #694
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

What kind of man cares about another man's skin? I seriously put some thought into this and I've concluded that you might either be 1) Gay or 2) a Female.

Even a lesbian wouldn't care about a man's skin.
      08-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #695
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

This is definitely a different kind of BMW forum - you guys are talking about lotion.. and not being judgemental. [trying to hold back laughter]
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #696
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Driving behind cars with no working brake lights!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #697
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

People who leave an empty toilet paper roll on the dispenser.

Or even worse, two squares. And there is none in the area to replace it with.

Nobody likes a dirty hole.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 08:01 AM   #698
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
Driving behind cars with no working brake lights!
+1 to this. See it all the time. People driving around with "half a brake light" (patent pending) can be quite frustrating, indeed.
      08-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #699
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
I am guilty of this. i am the typical "mans, man". I drink my alcohol straight, I have rough skin on my palms and bottom of my feet, I do my own medical and dental treatments whenever possible, I don't use lotion, etc, etc.

I guess I would upset that poster who is frustrated with people who have less than flawless skin, but I should be ok because there is an ancient saying scribed by wise philosophers through out history that goes like this, "Black don't crack!" lol
      08-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #700
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

When someone that you know definitely opened, read, but doesn't reply to an email, IM, text, etc.
      08-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #701
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Non-WRX Subaru drivers. They rarely attain the posted speed limit. Seriously, whenever I get behind a slow car, it's always a Subaru (non WRX). STEP ON THE GAS!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #702
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

When you open the fridge and the lunch that I specifically labeled is gone! It is unreal that a grown adult has the audacity to take someone else’s lunch.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #703
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

My wife still likes to tell that story about how my labeled tinfoil Tiburon disappeared overnight into the pit that is our oldest son. Only a few other times have I been so pissed at him.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #704
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
When you open the fridge and the lunch that I specifically labeled is gone! It is unreal that a grown adult has the audacity to take someone else’s lunch.
Whoever did that should be drawn and quartered.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread