E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The small daily perks of having an E92 335i

05-23-2007, 01:24 AM   #1
BavarianMW
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

The small daily perks of having an E92 335i

So im sure all of you with an E92, especially those of us with the 335 version, know that it gets alot of hype and attention....on a daily basis. At least a few times a week someone at a traffic light looks in excitement at a new BMW, others will ask me questions and give me comments. Questions/comments like "So would you rather have that or an M45?"......."Hey is that the twin turbo?!!"......."Damn man that’s a nice BMW!".........but by far the most asked question is "So how do you like that new 335?!" or "How’s that twin turbo?"

I had level 2 traffic school today and I'll have it again tomorrow. The class started out like any other; a bunch of random people saying nothing to each other and wanting to get the hell outa there. But during the break I'd go to my car to sit and talk or whatever, and next thing you know when I go back into class I have old men and young guys asking me how I like it. There was an older guy sitting behind me that was like I have an E60 M5 and Im just lovin those new 335's, how you like it? I always reply with "I love it man!"

I also saw two other guys say to each other oh that’s the guy with that...yea I hear those things are pretty rad. Even on my way to the dealer after class to pick something up, a guy in an integra was like "Hey man!! is that the twin turbo'd one!!?" I was like yea man, he was like its siiickkk.

I've only had 3 encounters with girls that I don’t know on the road acknowledging the car. The first night I got the car these 2 girls in a corolla (driver was gorgeous....passenger was, eh do-able I guess haha) were revving and smiling. Another time at a light two other girls in a GTO were like heyy thats the new 335?? Its sooo nice...I was like thnx you girls are too....and your car haha. The last encounter was with a mom and her daughter (ohhh my I love those OC moms.....) in an escalade were like heyyyy how you liking that thing? I was like I love it its soo much fun, they were like cool great choice.

There are douche bags out there too though. One time when I was driving spiritedly this truck full of douche's were like YEAA MAN YEA BMW!!! YOUR FUCKING COOL HUH....VROOM VROOM. Whatever, they're just haters. And every girl that gets into the car looks around and says wow this is soo nice...

So not only do us BMW drivers get personal satisfaction with our cars, seems like others love them too, especially the E92 335i..........just wait till the new M3 finally hits, too bad I wont be getting one anytime soon
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 01:31 AM   #2
niftyhawk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 530xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianMW View Post
The first night I got the car these 2 girls in a corolla (driver was gorgeous....passenger was, eh do-able I guess haha)
doable... lol
      05-23-2007, 01:35 AM   #3
johnwoo19
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

level 2 traffic school? pardon my ignorance - so you don't even have your license yet?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #4
BavarianMW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwoo19 View Post
level 2 traffic school? pardon my ignorance - so you don't even have your license yet?
No level 2 traffic school is a court ordered program that is issued at the judges will if you have attended traffic school within the past 18 months of recieving a ticket. It will appear on your records as dismissed.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #5
jbake
OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

BMW ftw! After having a taurus as a rental the past couple days, I missed the attention I got with the 335
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 02:00 AM   #6
johnwoo19
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
No level 2 traffic school is a court ordered program that is issued at the judges will if you have attended traffic school within the past 18 months of recieving a ticket. It will appear on your records as dismissed.
I see, cool, thanks for clarifying.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 03:15 AM   #7
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

report back to us when you've actually recruited the talent... sounds like you're still in negotiations. then you can talk about "perks"

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 03:29 AM   #8
BavarianMW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
report back to us when you've actually recruited the talent... sounds like you're still in negotiations. then you can talk about "perks"
Hahaha yea yea man......I wont let full on "perks" happen in this car. There is to be no sex, food, drink, or pets in my car. Buutttttttt.......back when i first got my license and i acquired my parents S500, haha I had a few "perks" in there. Even in my old E46 330ci I had "perks."

But yea man I have my girls, plus what am I supposed to do, ask a girl whos just complimenting my car at a light for her number? hahah......and i think your only talking about the girls that I encounter on the road that i dont know, other wise i said the that the ones that i do know love the car and....well sometimes things can work to my advantage.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 03:34 AM   #9
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

Quote:
I've only had 3 encounters with girls that I don’t know on the road acknowledging the car. The first night I got the car these 2 girls in a corolla (driver was gorgeous....passenger was, eh do-able I guess haha) were revving and smiling. Another time at a light two other girls in a GTO were like heyy thats the new 335?? Its sooo nice...I was like thnx you girls are too....and your car haha. The last encounter was with a mom and her daughter (ohhh my I love those OC moms.....) in an escalade were like heyyyy how you liking that thing? I was like I love it its soo much fun, they were like cool great choice.
I dont have a 335 but my car gets noticed often. Like the other day i went into circuit city for literally 3 min. to buy some ink. I start walkin out the store only to see 7-8 circuit city employees talking about my car and whether its a 325 330 or M3. As soon as they see its mine they all ran back insides

As for girls, ive raced a couple, and i remember once i was at a light and the passenger actually started hitting on me, asking me what i was doing tonite if i wanted to chill etc. She wasnt bad looking either
      05-23-2007, 03:54 AM   #10
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

uhmm....

Quote:
plus what am I supposed to do, ask a girl whos just complimenting my car at a light for her number?

....yeah.

(shouldn't be too hard... at that point they're just asking to be asked)

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 03:56 AM   #11
BavarianMW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
I dont have a 335 but my car gets noticed often. Like the other day i went into circuit city for literally 3 min. to buy some ink. I start walkin out the store only to see 7-8 circuit city employees talking about my car and whether its a 325 330 or M3. As soon as they see its mine they all ran back insides

As for girls, ive raced a couple, and i remember once i was at a light and the passenger actually started hitting on me, asking me what i was doing tonite if i wanted to chill etc. She wasnt bad looking either
Ayy nahkes...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #12
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Austin Yellow

I've had ...3 people I don't know remark on the car. I don't think its such a big deal around the DC area - to have this car.

I didn't think many would notice anyway, sedan..black...its a new bmw sure, but I still don't think people know about the 335 and what it means as far as engine, etc. They think its just another 3-series bmw.

Oh well. Even when I had a dakar m3...few said anything. Maybe its that military look i have scaring people off.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:58 AM   #13
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Now that you have the 335i, I think you better get ready for Level 3, 4, & 5!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 07:21 AM   #14
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
love the e92 335i and 335d :rocks:
      05-23-2007, 08:02 AM   #15
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw0perat0r View Post
I've had ...3 people I don't know remark on the car. I don't think its such a big deal around the DC area - to have this car.

I didn't think many would notice anyway, sedan..black...its a new bmw sure, but I still don't think people know about the 335 and what it means as far as engine, etc. They think its just another 3-series bmw.

Oh well. Even when I had a dakar m3...few said anything. Maybe its that military look i have scaring people off.

I think most people are noticing the E92, not the E90 like what you and I have. lol!

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 08:24 AM   #16
atha
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 M5 ,space grau

i got probably the fist 335 in a region of aroun 250000( well i vent seen another one last 2 months at least)
many people have good comments like cool ,beautiful etc. guys with fast cars or guys who think they have fast cars always ask for more about engine ,top speed ,acceleration etc and many of the want to pull with me even if they are slower just for the fun of it.
well about girls : no matter if they are "do-able" (fantastic word) or not they look a lot ang give thumbs upp but i guess 99,9% of them just look at the shape the color and the leather so there is not that much to diskuss there.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 08:42 AM   #17
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Being an E90 owner, i haven't gotten that many compliments. So I made up for the sedan by getting it in Red...which when driving around in a sea of silver, black and rust, it really stands out. Only ones Ive gotten so far was a 2001 M Roadster owner, a dude in a 750iL who lived not far from my friends house in SI and has a 1991 M5 sitting in the garage (and he showed me all the pictures of his previous BMWs...all the precious rarities). And one from an E30 M3 owner who said it was sick because he never knew it came in 4 door...

and the occaisional friends girlfriend, who I pick up from work every tuesday. She likes to be shown off in it, but no 'perks' yet
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #18
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

Quote:
YEAA MAN YEA BMW!!! YOUR FUCKING COOL HUH....VROOM VROOM.

LMAO
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #19
nyc3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

wow interesting stories, i must be driving in the wrong areas. All I get is stupid people walking infront of me on my green lights (think people!). That and cabs that cut you off without signal then break to pickup ppl or let ppl off...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #20
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
But yea man I have my girls, plus what am I supposed to do, ask a girl whos just complimenting my car at a light for her number?
Just look them dead in the eye and say, "Go ahead, drink it in. Lookin's for free. Touchin's gonna cost you something."
      05-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #21
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
Just look them dead in the eye and say, "Go ahead, drink it in. Lookin's for free. Touchin's gonna cost you something."
      05-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #22
eshoukry93
e92 Arrived 5/12
Rep
Drives: e92 BS 335i

Quote:
plus what am I supposed to do, ask a girl whos just complimenting my car at a light for her number?
Your supposed to say, "Do you have to make it so obvious that you're only interested in rich guys who drive nice cars? Luckily, I fit the bill...what's your number?"

Unfortunately, I've only had a few guys ask me about my car. I think I need to back off the metro a little bit.
Appreciate 0