E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > bimmer drivers !!

05-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

bimmer drivers !!

why most people hate bmw drivers? I have noticed some of my neighbors and people around the city act like they hate me bcz i am driving a bmw . what the fuck is wrong with them ? never had problem with my previous car ( VW )

Last edited by shipill; 05-29-2007 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

It's because:

1) Many BMW drivers drive like pricks on the road...this is sorta self fulfilling as many sporty/aggressive drivers like BMWs because they are sporty cars.

2) Of the status...it's a luxury brand and deep down people are jealous.

Could be a combination of the two as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
heres a glimpse of reality:
NOT too many people can afford the car we drive.
NOT too many people drive aggresivly like we do, although its just the cars nature.
NOT too many people have such wonderful cars that define perfection.
NOT too many people have that kind of "BMW Brotherhood" that bonds us all together (check my BMW fan-boy thread).
NOT too many people have the opportunity to afford this car in their entire lifetime.
NOT too many people like the fact that our cars are far more superior to their cars.
NOT too many people will ever understand the kind of joy we have driving the ultimate driving machine. cheers!
      05-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Well, here's my experience with a BMW driver today that left me scratching my head.

At a left turn light with two lanes turning left. I was in the outside lane next to this beautiful sparkling graphite E92 who had been behind me for the last couple of miles. I drive a Monaco Blue 335i E92, debadged. Sparkling Graphite was my next choice. He still has his new car registration stuck to the windshield.

So this guy is in his car and he's got a pretty girl in the seat next to him, and their window is down, so I roll down my window and say casually, "Nice car, man." Totally sincere, no sarcasm, I had no idea what kind of 3er it was, since he had been behind me the whole time.

He rolls up his passenger side window. FLOORS it when the left turn arrow turns green, turns into the outside turn lane (MY lane) and slams on the brakes in the middle of the intersection, then flips me the bird and stomps on the gas and drives off.

I dunno.

Maybe some people just have asshole permanently wired into their little insecure peabrains. As he drove off, I saw it was a 328i, similarly debadged.

That's why people think BMW drivers have a bad rap: plenty of them are assholes. It's just that there are so many more asshole Toyota drivers, when a BMW driver is an asshole to you, you REMEMBER they were driving a BMW (or a Mercedes, or a Lexus), and you start making correlations between money, your own insecurity, and rude behaviour.

For the record, I have no idea what set this guy off, or if it had anything to do with what I said, what I drive, or whatnot. All I know is he drove like an asshole and if I wasn't a better driver, I would have gotten into an accident in the middle of an intersection.

So I've learned my lesson. Next time I see you assholes driving around in your pretty E92s, I'm going to keep it to myself!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
because we are better then them.....

just kidding..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
LOL --> the reason he floored it was because the girl in his car was only going out with him for his money, and he knew that. so he saw u as a threat, and couldnt let her notice that your car cost more than his. so essentially, he was just being a complete cunt. cheers!
      05-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #7
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

That's crazy. I've had more bad experiences with people driving other bands being dicks to me just cuz they're jealous or hate or whatever.

Couple stories.

1. I'm driving back from school one day (army school, and I'm in uniform) and this dude in a lexus (not sure what particular lexus it was) starts performing for me. Let me back up...I got off of the interstate behind him and the there are 2 left turning lanes...so I chose the right one cuz the left is always a mile longer. He eventually gets behind me and I didn't think too much of it. I noticed he and his fat gf were pointing and talking about the car at a light. Further up I hit traffic and notice them making out and looking at my car and making out some more and this conitnues...for a while. Next I get to my housing development and they speed past me and the girl flips me off from the sunroof. So...the moral of the story is that Lexus people are lame.

2. I was driving back from shopping for Memorial day with my wife. I had some booze and a propane tank in the back...so needless to say I was driving cautiously. I was driving behind a black dodge neon srt and he wasn't going very fast so I passed him (4 lane divided road, not a highway). Next thing I know dude speeds up to get even with me and got stuck behind a mini van. There was an on ramp a few hundred feet ahead and he decides to pass the minivan on the right and fly ahead of me. Meanwhile me wife was trying to capture the guy's antics on her phone camera so she could send it to the police. lol.

Anyway...we hit traffic and I turned off the road at the next light...but I was like...what the hell? Why does my car inspire people to drive/act like assholes? My wife was convinced the neon guy felt like his dick was too small. lol

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
1. I'm driving back from school one day (army school, and I'm in uniform) and this dude in a lexus (not sure what particular lexus it was) starts performing for me. Let me back up...I got off of the interstate behind him and the there are 2 left turning lanes...so I chose the right one cuz the left is always a mile longer. He eventually gets behind me and I didn't think too much of it. I noticed he and his fat gf were pointing and talking about the car at a light. Further up I hit traffic and notice them making out and looking at my car and making out some more and this conitnues...for a while. Next I get to my housing development and they speed past me and the girl flips me off from the sunroof. So...the moral of the story is that Lexus people are lame.
If only the BMW would impel this magical behavior on attractive lesbians instead of fat Lexus drivers.

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #9
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

I wonder how much of this would happen if I got the other car I was originally planning on getting...a used RX-8.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm pretty sure if you had bought an RX-8, that asshole BMW driver would still have been an asshole to me, dogg.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2007, 03:10 AM   #11
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
I will probably get flamed for this but here goes:

as a BMW and non BMW driver... I can tell u what it is
when I drive my beemer, other beemer drivers do not look at me..
whereas when I drive my G35 (here in Lebanon, it's a very rare car.. like.. there are 4 in my color), BMW drivers give me this DIRTY look like they think they are better than me cause of their badge... and I'm talking 318 drivers..

I notice this is only from people with BMWs with small engines... like 18s to 28s...

also I get this a lot from X3 and X5 drivers.. in fact.. all SUV drivers...

it's this arrogance that they have..
it's like Boxsters... they are Porsche only by name... u know?
a 318 is BMW only by name (flame flame flame)
the guy couldn't afford a better one.. and he knows that his car is low end.. so he makes up for it by putting down all other cars to boost his ego and shy away his short comings...

unfortunately.. you don't see as many 335s as you do 318s... or 550s as u do 530s.. 7 series.... etc..
the most u see are 3 series
they feel like the kid brother that has to impress the rest to live up to the expectations of a 550 for example

same as Boxster drivers are all jerks...

then again.. some people are just jealous...
      05-30-2007, 05:33 PM   #12
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
heres a glimpse of reality:
NOT too many people can afford the car we drive.
NOT too many people drive aggresivly like we do, although its just the cars nature.
NOT too many people have such wonderful cars that define perfection.
NOT too many people have that kind of "BMW Brotherhood" that bonds us all together (check my BMW fan-boy thread).
NOT too many people have the opportunity to afford this car in their entire lifetime.
NOT too many people like the fact that our cars are far more superior to their cars.
NOT too many people will ever understand the kind of joy we have driving the ultimate driving machine. cheers!
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkraven View Post
Well, here's my experience with a BMW driver today that left me scratching my head.

At a left turn light with two lanes turning left. I was in the outside lane next to this beautiful sparkling graphite E92 who had been behind me for the last couple of miles. I drive a Monaco Blue 335i E92, debadged. Sparkling Graphite was my next choice. He still has his new car registration stuck to the windshield.

So this guy is in his car and he's got a pretty girl in the seat next to him, and their window is down, so I roll down my window and say casually, "Nice car, man." Totally sincere, no sarcasm, I had no idea what kind of 3er it was, since he had been behind me the whole time.

He rolls up his passenger side window. FLOORS it when the left turn arrow turns green, turns into the outside turn lane (MY lane) and slams on the brakes in the middle of the intersection, then flips me the bird and stomps on the gas and drives off.

I dunno.

Maybe some people just have asshole permanently wired into their little insecure peabrains. As he drove off, I saw it was a 328i, similarly debadged.

That's why people think BMW drivers have a bad rap: plenty of them are assholes. It's just that there are so many more asshole Toyota drivers, when a BMW driver is an asshole to you, you REMEMBER they were driving a BMW (or a Mercedes, or a Lexus), and you start making correlations between money, your own insecurity, and rude behaviour.

For the record, I have no idea what set this guy off, or if it had anything to do with what I said, what I drive, or whatnot. All I know is he drove like an asshole and if I wasn't a better driver, I would have gotten into an accident in the middle of an intersection.

So I've learned my lesson. Next time I see you assholes driving around in your pretty E92s, I'm going to keep it to myself!
Good, leave me to my asshole ways
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #14
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

People are just jealous...leave it alone.