E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Good restaurants in LA

12-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Good restaurants in LA

Hey Guys,

Next week I'm flying to LA on a business trip and will be there for about 5 days.

Its my first time in LA and since my girlfriend is coming with me we have plans to go out after my meetings.

What are some must visit restaurants in LA? We aren't picky with food and we like just about everything.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Urasawa. I think best Sushi you can have in the US. Whole restaurant seats only about 15 people a night. around 10 small plates and 20 sushis. The whole meal will take about 3-4hours but the experience and interaction you get with the chef is an entertainment in itself. Food and Service you get is incredible. Only downside is price. Last time I went it was $400 per person. If you like sushi and are willing splurge... it's a special experience. It's on par with many michelin starred Sushi places in Japan.
It's on Rodeo drive. So you could work up an appetite shopping and go there.

Bestia. It's an Italian restaurant in downtown. One of the cooler place to dine right now. Cool atmosphere incredible food.

Ink. Contemporary American. The chef here won Top Chef (don't remember what season). Creativity in the food you see here is awesome. And price isn't too bad. It's been around for a few years now so the hype died down a little. Price isn't too bad either.

Cut. If you like steak. I believe it was first restaurant to serve real Japanese Kobe. Not a must place but your hungry for steak, better steak place in LA.

Brunch at Scarpetta. They use their usual kitchen area and use it to serve Brunch. Their desert cart and cheese cart is amazing.
Their regular dinner isn't too bad either.

Nobu Malibu. Food is decent but the view and the atmosphere you get is incredible. It basically seats on top of the Malibu beach and incredible ocean view all around. It could get bit chili in december but very nice.

Nikita Malibu. Right next door to Nobu Malibu. Similar atmosphere to Nobu Malibu but better food.

MBPOST, Fishing with Dynamite. If you happen to be near manhattan beach.

Tasting Kitchen or Gjelina. If you are in Venice area.

Animal, Patina, Melisse, Baco Mercat, Milo and Olive, Spago, Rustic Canyon, AOC...
MAGIC RESTROOM CAFE. Who could possibly resist toilet themed restaurant serving food out of toilet.

Most of the restaurant I listed are on the pricier side.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leJUNd View Post
Urasawa. I think best Sushi you can have in the US. Whole restaurant seats only about 15 people a night. around 10 small plates and 20 sushis. The whole meal will take about 3-4hours but the experience and interaction you get with the chef is an entertainment in itself. Food and Service you get is incredible. Only downside is price. Last time I went it was $400 per person. If you like sushi and are willing splurge... it's a special experience. It's on par with many michelin starred Sushi places in Japan.
It's on Rodeo drive. So you could work up an appetite shopping and go there.

Bestia. It's an Italian restaurant in downtown. One of the cooler place to dine right now. Cool atmosphere incredible food.

Ink. Contemporary American. The chef here won Top Chef (don't remember what season). Creativity in the food you see here is awesome. And price isn't too bad. It's been around for a few years now so the hype died down a little. Price isn't too bad either.

Cut. If you like steak. I believe it was first restaurant to serve real Japanese Kobe. Not a must place but your hungry for steak, better steak place in LA.

Brunch at Scarpetta. They use their usual kitchen area and use it to serve Brunch. Their desert cart and cheese cart is amazing.
Their regular dinner isn't too bad either.

Nobu Malibu. Food is decent but the view and the atmosphere you get is incredible. It basically seats on top of the Malibu beach and incredible ocean view all around. It could get bit chili in december but very nice.

Nikita Malibu. Right next door to Nobu Malibu. Similar atmosphere to Nobu Malibu but better food.

MBPOST, Fishing with Dynamite. If you happen to be near manhattan beach.

Tasting Kitchen or Gjelina. If you are in Venice area.

Animal, Patina, Melisse, Baco Mercat, Milo and Olive, Spago, Rustic Canyon, AOC...
MAGIC RESTROOM CAFE. Who could possibly resist toilet themed restaurant serving food out of toilet.

Most of the restaurant I listed are on the pricier side.
Awesome! thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
Alishia541
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Awesome.

Last edited by Alishia541; 11-13-2014 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Everything leJUNd mentioned and any Michelin star restaurant. You can look up Michelin started restaurants in LA on google.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

If you're going to Rodeo Drive be sure to stop by Blu Jam cafe on Melrose Ave (more affordable shopping place with boutique stores). It serves very good breakfast and bruch. I haven't tried the at other times but they should be equally good. It's usually crowded and the prices are about typical.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

if you're into Mediterranean/persian cuisine check out Raffi's Place.

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/raffis-place-glendale-2
Appreciate 0