E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone hiring in SOCAL? *Details inside*

11-24-2013, 03:24 AM   #1
dton90
BMW M335is SN654 M3iS :]
Rep
Drives: e92

Anyone hiring in SOCAL? *Details inside*

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone owns a business or know someone/where that is hiring at the moment. I'm looking for a full or part time job (whatever is a available) in pretty much anything. I don't mind long hours or hard labor. I have 5 years in sales, 2 in Auto Sales as a car broker for one of the best auto-broker company in SOCAL, and 2 years owning my own business. I have excellent customer service and I'm great in sales. So that being said, I'm looking for a job sales, but I'll pretty much do anything at this point. I have pretty much gotten my hands dirty in almost every field of work from medical recycling to pond contracting. I don't mind doing anything so everything will do. Just looking for a company with stable and steady income.
Left my recent job due to personal reasons.
A resume is always available upon request for. Those who can help out. I'm a determined and motivated worker; very confident in myself that I can exceed the company's expectation, I won't let you guys down.
I know it's a long shot and wishful thinking, but I believe this post is better than nothing. (I met my first employer at a pet shop haha. You never know where or when you'll run into an opportunity.)

Please send me a PM if you guys know of a place that is looking to hire or if you're hiring yourself. Thanks again in advance.
      11-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Dude...

You sound sincere so I won't go the usual OT route with sarcasm and trolling, but a couple of things that stood out to me you should consider.

First, you're looking for an employer saying you'll do anything (sounds desperate) while listing mostly sales experience. Sounding desperate isn't usually a good thing ... It sounds like, why do you want to work here? "well, I need money" - that's not what employers want to hear.

Second, stating you owned your own business for 2 years without any further detail doesn't mean much to anybody except, you didn't have a job. What was the business? Why go back to being employed? These are questions you might encounter.

Third and finally, you stated that you left your previous job for personal reasons. Sometimes there are good reasons, family medical emergency, etc., that will fly most of the time... Most of the time though, this is code for you didn't like the job and/or couldn't get along with either a boss or coworkers and just quit. In fact, you quit without even planning ahead and having another job lined up (a bad move). Most employers will see this as a risk. Why hire someone and pay them, train them, and the have them quit on you in less than a year. I am not saying this is your situation, but I am telling you that this is how you may very likely be perceived when using this kind of language.

In other words, you may want to work on your pitch a little bit

Good luck and I hope you find some employment... It's out there.

Fix up your resume and put it on Monster and Careerbuilder for sales positions, you will get calls.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
jaserion
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Onsh'mo...

yes, i want to re-iterate the previous poster with the tone of your post. it does sound a bit "desparate", which gives your next employer a lot of opportunities to negotiate in their favor. otherwise, i'd suggest get your linkedin up-to-date. it's the most important and effective way to get your cv in the hiring manager's hand unless you have a direct network.

good luck.
2008 E92 M3 - Gone
2006 E90 325i - Gone
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Looking for a job on E90post...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

I would first suggest starting with Monster.com or Jobs.com, also, there are recruiters that look for specific jobs FOR YOU, if you don't feel like doing the grunt work.

Nothing against you (or it may be), but I don't think this is going to be the place to find a new job. You'll have better luck going back to that pet store you mentioned.

Good luck in your search. Don't feel bad if people start to flame you.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i work car...

Ohhhh.. I have an opening but it isn't in SOCAL... there is a lot of dog shit around my cul-de-sac that needs picked up at least 2 times a week because we have some lazy ass dog walkers... But it isn't in SOCAL...
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special - Mine
2014 Harley Davidson Breakout - Wifey
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

tough crowd...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

I will be doing some recruiting in the next month for sales agents. But you need to have a life and health license for the state of CA.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Dude...

You sound sincere so I won't go the usual OT route with sarcasm and trolling, but a couple of things that stood out to me you should consider.

First, you're looking for an employer saying you'll do anything (sounds desperate) while listing mostly sales experience. Sounding desperate isn't usually a good thing ... It sounds like, why do you want to work here? "well, I need money" - that's not what employers want to hear.

Second, stating you owned your own business for 2 years without any further detail doesn't mean much to anybody except, you didn't have a job. What was the business? Why go back to being employed? These are questions you might encounter.

Third and finally, you stated that you left your previous job for personal reasons. Sometimes there are good reasons, family medical emergency, etc., that will fly most of the time... Most of the time though, this is code for you didn't like the job and/or couldn't get along with either a boss or coworkers and just quit. In fact, you quit without even planning ahead and having another job lined up (a bad move). Most employers will see this as a risk. Why hire someone and pay them, train them, and the have them quit on you in less than a year. I am not saying this is your situation, but I am telling you that this is how you may very likely be perceived when using this kind of language.

In other words, you may want to work on your pitch a little bit

Good luck and I hope you find some employment... It's out there.

Fix up your resume and put it on Monster and Careerbuilder for sales positions, you will get calls.
legit

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 03:51 AM   #10
dton90
BMW M335is SN654 M3iS :]
Rep

Im just looking for a sales job i remember a vendor was mentioning a opening available, and I left cause my previous boss was playing favorites and kept pushing sales to a single person. Like I said I'm just throwing it out there
      11-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #11
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dton90 View Post
Im just looking for a sales job i remember a vendor was mentioning a opening available, and I left cause my previous boss was playing favorites and kept pushing sales to a single person. Like I said I'm just throwing it out there
Understand your frustration and this is a little too late, but you shouldn't have quit. Instead you could have sucked it up and look for a job while working.
If you don't already have a linked in account, start one up. Recruiters use that site as a decent way to find applicants.

*Edit* Being a sales manager myself, I have to ask you this. If you're a decent sales person shouldn't you be able to generate your own business, instead of relying on low hanging fruit?

Last edited by RambleJ; 11-26-2013 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #12
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

inb4 OP asks mods to delete.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #13
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

good luck op, I really don't see what's the big deal of reaching out to individuals with similar interests (bmws in this case) for networking and job help.. if I could help I would and in fact I have referred people I've met on forums to jobs in the past.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
Jlm826
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 alpine white e92

Not sure what market you are looking to get into but I work for Ferguson Enterprises, which is a plumbing wholesaler, as a credit manager and I know we have 5 position open in CA for sales. 2 in Sacramento which I know isn't SoCal. 1 more in Santa Barbara one is San Diego and one in woodland hills. There is also a assistant credit manager position available in San Luis obispo wherever that is. Pm me if you are interested in any of those and I'll see if I can get you to an application. Can't promise anything since I don't know you but I'll give you a lead anyways.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
jlspeed29
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO ZCP CCB

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
monster or career builder man... i literally get postings weekly for jobs...I live on the east coast but moved from so cal and all my reqs that get sent to me are for SoCal...

work seems to be out there at least in some capacity...just gotta look harder
      11-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #16
Mr. Liu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 '14 E63 '05 E55K

Considering he is driving around in a 2013 335IS I doubt he is really that desperate lol
      12-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #17
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Liu View Post
Considering he is driving around in a 2013 335IS I doubt he is really that desperate lol
You'd be surprised at the number of people that stretch themselves thin just to afford a car. A smart person doesn't quit a job without another lined up.