E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Rocksmith

12-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Rocksmith

Anyone has or plays this? I'm thinking about picking it up. What is the difference between the Epiphone Les Paul Jr and the non-jr/regular one? The bundle comes with the jr version, 2 picks and a strap for $199 while the game (with cable) and the non-jr guitar is $20 cheaper (no picks or strap).
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

to be honest I had no idea what were you talking about until I read the word guitar and even then I still have no idea what are you talking about
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Isn't that the program that is supposed to teach you to play guitar? You plug your guitar into the computer or whatever? I thought you just used a regular guitar.

EDIT: Now I understand what you were asking. The Les Paul is a "full" guitar with multiple pickups, volume and tone knobs. The JR has one pickup and one each of volume and tone knobs so the sound is going to be a little less modular. As a beginner you won't really be able to take advantage of the range anyway and one volume knob/ pickup is all you really need. The JR is also lighter since it has less hardware and I believe a thinner neck.

Last edited by PINeely; 12-04-2013 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
p1nk50ck
HNIC
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

i have the first rocksmith game for the xb360. pretty awesome game. i've played a bit of guitar here and there. mostly self-taught and using tabs. the only problem i have with it was that the learning curve was pretty quick within the game. the game itself changes based on your skill level, and will either increase or decrease in difficulty (accuracy) mid-game unlike rockband or guitar hero. so the song might start off with you just playing one note (instead of chords). then as you keep playing, and are more accurate, the one note will turn into two notes or into a full chords.

so you start playing for a while with normal power chords... then some more complicated chords start popping up... then some chords i've never seen before. i have no idea how to get those right, and then it bumps the difficulty level down sometimes back down to one note again.

there are also mini games that help with "skills" such as slides, chords, picking techniques, etc.

overall, i think it's a pretty fun way to start learning how to play the guitar, but it's no replacement for a true instructor.

that being said, i'm interested in picking up the new one. i'm sure they've worked out a lot of issues with the first game, plus added songs are always nice.

another cool plus is that the cable is universal (to the best of my knowledge). i can use the plug to plug my guitar into my mac and use garage band to record stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Thank you for the comment guys! I was going to buy the game with cable and the full guitar because it would actually be cheaper. However, it looks like the JR. Would suit me just fine since I'm just starting out. Looks like a fun game.
Appreciate 0