E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Official Mac Owner Thread 

10-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #67
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
The iphone is a piece of dirt? The bb will sync my movies, music, mail, etc better then my iphone does? lol. The bb can play games like the iphone can? again, lol. The bb has an app store with tens of thousands of apps many of them free? yet again, lol.

They both have there quirks and issues I will give it that...But the iphone (IMO) is much sexier, has tons more apps, be it games, programs or what have you and I think there are more companies excepting it into their way of life, cars, business, and so many more. PLUS......iphone has only been out a few years and has only seen 3 models. Crackberry has been out how long and has how many different verison/designs/models/updates...blah blah blah. Not trying to be an Apple fan boy but Apple does put the work into what they are designing to get it as near perfection as they can...
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #68
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdubbz View Post
Actually xtac the blackberry has a touch screen phone too. I have it so it's not like you can't have that feature on a bb.

BmDblU hit the nail right on the head with his post. It's a novelty. The iPhone is a piece of dirt unless you're a 16 year old and the only ppl who defend them are the owners. Once you get a bb you'll realize how much better it is.

jakna.
Look at the forum membership. Most of the members are in the 16-25 range. They are the ones that are looking to play games on a phone and do not have to type drawn out emails or edit documents. I use a Macbook Pro and would never go back to an iPhone. My Blackberry Bold offers more than the iPhone did in terms of totality.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #69
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

Quote:
Actually xtac the blackberry has a touch screen phone too. I have it so it's not like you can't have that feature on a bb.

BmDblU hit the nail right on the head with his post. It's a novelty. The iPhone is a piece of dirt unless you're a 16 year old and the only ppl who defend them are the owners. Once you get a bb you'll realize how much better it is.

jakna.
You mean the one they tried to copy the iphone and failed? the storm is crap. The only people think iphone is a novelty is luddites, ignorant, or bb users. I don't see how you can say bb is better, in what way? certaintly not the os, the form, the apps, the support, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
Look at the forum membership. Most of the members are in the 16-25 range. They are the ones that are looking to play games on a phone and do not have to type drawn out emails or edit documents. I use a Macbook Pro and would never go back to an iPhone. My Blackberry Bold offers more than the iPhone did in terms of totality.
I type out long emails on my iphone just fine, but than again who reallys need to type of long emails on a small device whether its a bb or iphone when laptops are right in front of you.

I fail to see how blackberry can even be compared to the iphone, in any form or fashion. I just don't see it, fanboism aside, i mean really?

didn't want to turn this thread into a iphone vs bb, so this will be my last reply on this issue, where are the other mac owners!
      10-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #70
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
this must be the dumbest post on all of internets....
      10-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #71
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

*sigh*

The BB has plenty of advantages. From an IT perspective, it's very easy to configure, manage, and administer with Exchange thanks to BES. It doesn't require OWA and other MS/Apple awkwardness to function. This also gives it full Exchange support, the iPhone doesn't support everything Exchange offers. Since just about every company with even half a clue on technology uses Exchange, this is critically important. They also have real keyboards (aside from the Storm) which is better for a lot of users. Battery life is also superior on the BBs.

That said, I have an iPhone. Nothing out there beats the polished interface and App Store. But I can see the attraction to BBs, especially for businesses.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #72
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Since just about every company with even half a clue on technology uses Exchange
I don't disagree with the rest of your post, so I've elided it. This statement on the other hand, is simply not true. Many companies use Domino instead of Exchange, and there are some good reasons too. The number of platforms you can run it on for starters. Additionally, many other smaller companies don't use either, and simply opt for MTAs such as exim, postfix or sendmail if messaging and calendaring aren't as important.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #73
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
I don't disagree with the rest of your post, so I've elided it. This statement on the other hand, is simply not true. Many companies use Domino instead of Exchange, and there are some good reasons too. The number of platforms you can run it on for starters. Additionally, many other smaller companies don't use either, and simply opt for MTAs such as exim, postfix or sendmail if messaging and calendaring aren't as important.
True enough, perhaps some slight exaggeration for effect on my part. My bad.

X7 LCI // Incoming
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #74
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Like ive said in another post....The bb is a business phone, like the windows guy on the apple commercials. The iphone is the young music/movies/gaming guy from the commercial.

Business vs fun. bb vs iphone. If you need a business phone then get one, thats like buying a ferrari and crying that you cant haul lumber in the back. The iphone isnt meant to be a business phone. I dont need a business phone, so guess what, the bb cannot in anyway defeat my iphone in even one category related to my needs. Thats why I bought two.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #75
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Unibody MacBook user.
      10-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #76
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Like ive said in another post....The bb is a business phone, like the windows guy on the apple commercials. The iphone is the young music/movies/gaming guy from the commercial.

Business vs fun. bb vs iphone. If you need a business phone then get one, thats like buying a ferrari and crying that you cant haul lumber in the back. The iphone isnt meant to be a business phone. I dont need a business phone, so guess what, the bb cannot in anyway defeat my iphone in even one category related to my needs. Thats why I bought two.
Correction. The blackberry is a business phone in the windows world of business. Yes, that's probably the majority, but the iPhone makes just as good a business phone especially if you aren't tied to exchange. The smaller, smarter, faster, connected businesses these days don't use exchange/outlook as much as one would think. There are a lot of [better] options out there these days.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #77
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

iPhone is the best phone ever made (that I have used). I just wish the battery was replaceable.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #78
bmwturbopower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335i

I got my macbook pro today and I am a first time owner. What are the best applications to use with it?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #79
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNic335i View Post
I got my macbook pro today and I am a first time owner. What are the best applications to use with it?
Many programs, best way is to post what you used on windows and we can share what is the eqiv on mac.

Or you can simply google "best mac apps' to get a list...
      10-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #80
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Had to.

10-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #81
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtac View Post
Many programs, best way is to post what you used on windows and we can share what is the eqiv on mac.

Or you can simply google "best mac apps' to get a list...

Let's hear what you like and are used to on Windows. It's easier for us to make suggestions if we know what you use.

X7 LCI // Incoming
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #82
hhkim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335d

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I used to have an iphone for a year, couldn't stand the lag when you try to open any program besides the phone app. Also had an absurd amount of difficulty typing things. I just wish there was some kind of tactile response when you press a key, just not the fail bb storm screen/button combo thing.
      10-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #83
hhkim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335d

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:

jakna.
      10-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #84
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Damn, what a clusterfuck.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #85
T7R_Sky
"I know you know that I know you know..."
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E90 328i

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [0.00]
Cool, a Mac thread! I just got one a few weeks ago! I love how user friendly everything is on here. Macbook Pro 17in.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #86
Weaselboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7R_Sky View Post
Cool, a Mac thread! I just got one a few weeks ago! I love how user friendly everything is on here. Macbook Pro 17in.
:finger: JK
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #87
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
Unibody MacBook user.
Upgraded to MBP 13''
      10-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #88
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

mmm, macbook pro ftw. mine has an external LCD, i'm developing my own retrofit into the apple logo, but something noone has seen, so if anyone is interested, i'll start a new thread with the progress (its what i do when i have free time )

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0