E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > Getting into cinematography: First short video of my E92

12-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
bretster
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Getting into cinematography: First short video of my E92

Hey guys,

If anyone knows much about cinematography, or not, would like to give me some feedback on this quick short film of my car that I put together tonight. I made a DIY slider and shoulder rig for $40 altogether using pvc and emt pipe, dusted off the dslr and made this in iMovie. Just got final cut pro and adobe final effect, so I'm learning on assembling them in iMovie then I'll move up to final cut when I'm ready. I've been wanting to get into filming cars for a while now and trying some cheap diy work now. Let me know what you guys think :thumbsup2:

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Pretty awesome for your 1st vid. I'm no pro but I'll throw in my 2cents. I personally dislike angled shots like the first two. When the music cut off and the start up audio started didn't flow, maybe if you would have just lowered the music audio about 50-75% then upped the exhaust volume. Oh yeah, I was also expecting a beasty rev out of the beast but it never happened lol. I've been wanting to pick up a little cheap slider for vids like these but have never pulled the trigger on one.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
MasterWang
Captain
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

You could also enhance the smoothness even more by using stabilizing effects within the editing program.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
Caspita
Turbo Guru
Rep
Drives: 2011.99 E92 ///M

Great song choice...what is it?

As for the video I would tell you to work on consistency. The white balance between some of the scenes varies pretty drastically. Also the slider shots need some working on, not so smooth, and some of the takes keep running after the sliding has stopped. Don't forget that the slider doesn't only have to work left to right or right to left, but can also be used to pull into a subject or pull out of a subject. I would tell you for your next attempt to try one during day time as that will gave you more light to play with and allow you to be a little more versatile and creative. Overall great attempt for your first try. I would also tell you to forget about final cut and consider adobe premier instead.

Casp Media |
Appreciate 0