E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > RANT: cops are a55holes

01-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

RANT: cops are a55holes

/begin rant:

although this does not relate to my e90 330i, i have personally not had ANY good interactions with law enforcement.

my mom, who has had a perfect driving record for 35 years in this country, was pulled over a few weeks ago for 5mph over the speed limit. this was on a freeway off-ramp as she was slowing down. i call it a BS ticket, but whatever, w/ traffic school no biggie.

today, on a two way surface street, she was cut off by a large SUV that ran a red light immediately in front of her. her front driver side wheel crossed the double yellow (by approx 1-2') as she swerved to avoid the SUV and to come to a complete stop at the red light. a cop followed her through 3 intersections after this transpired to pull her over for crossing the double yellow. he admitted that the "SUV ran a red light, but you cant catch them all"

this, again with quite a bit of empirical evidence, suggests to me that cops are truly the dregs of society. they are the kids in school who did well in PE, bullied other kids, but didnt have the grades or wherewithal to attend anything other than the lowest tier of colleges/universities. it seems to me that becoming police officers offers them the chance to regain their bully status.

/end rant

any suggestions on contesting this second citation? this took place in northern california (in case there are any applicable sections of the california vehicle code). i've heard of people hiring a traffic lawyer in some of the posts for people pulled over in VA....
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
/begin rant:

although this does not relate to my e90 330i, i have personally not had ANY good interactions with law enforcement.

my mom, who has had a perfect driving record for 35 years in this country, was pulled over a few weeks ago for 5mph over the speed limit. this was on a freeway off-ramp as she was slowing down. i call it a BS ticket, but whatever, w/ traffic school no biggie.

today, on a two way surface street, she was cut off by a large SUV that ran a red light immediately in front of her. her front driver side wheel crossed the double yellow (by approx 1-2') as she swerved to avoid the SUV and to come to a complete stop at the red light. a cop followed her through 3 intersections after this transpired to pull her over for crossing the double yellow. he admitted that the "SUV ran a red light, but you cant catch them all"

this, again with quite a bit of empirical evidence, suggests to me that cops are truly the dregs of society. they are the kids in school who did well in PE, bullied other kids, but didnt have the grades or wherewithal to attend anything other than the lowest tier of colleges/universities. it seems to me that becoming police officers offers them the chance to regain their bully status.

/end rant

any suggestions on contesting this second citation? this took place in northern california (in case there are any applicable sections of the california vehicle code). i've heard of people hiring a traffic lawyer in some of the posts for people pulled over in VA....

wow that sucks. i think both those cases I would try to fight. I have never heard of ANYONE getting a ticket for going 5mph over speed limit. That is just ridiculous. I was always the impression that as long as it's not 10 over, you're within the "threshold" of getting pulled over.

I think it's a no brainer that if your mom fights the second case for swerving across the yellow to avoid an accident, the judge should be in her favor hands down. good luck with everything. I'm sure others will also suggest going to ticketassassin.com to fight the tickets.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
KanosWRX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW 335i / 1994 Miata R

Fight that ticket. I know it takes a lot of your time and money to fight "the man" when they are trying to screw you over but you can't stand by and let it happen. You should be able to sue the city after stuff like this!!!!
      01-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Hmm...... the cops didn't seem to be using their discretionary power appropriately in both cases. There's no doubt that your mom broke the law but neither offenses really warrant to be written up for.
      01-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
TECENG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Terra

Yeah, I would fight it. There's a good chance that the cop won't even show up to justify his actions.

330i Sparkling Graphite | Terra | Walnut | Steptronic | Sport | Premium | Navigation | Comfort Access | Cold Weather Pkg
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
Majikthese42
Philosopher-king
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91

Ever see "A Clockwork Orange"? Generally speaking I think the cops are a little smarter than criminals but that's about it. Ethics are about the same.

I trust your mom was driving a car that's a little more desirable than a clapped-out Crown Victoria that smells of vomit.

I would hire an attorney and fight it.
E91 6MT Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display, tire pump, jack, floor mats.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #7
Tommy420
peace.love.health.happine ss
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 Montego/Blk lthr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikthese42 View Post
Ever see "A Clockwork Orange"? Generally speaking I think the cops are a little smarter than criminals but that's about it. Ethics are about the same.

I trust your mom was driving a car that's a little more desirable than a clapped-out Crown Victoria that smells of vomit.

I would hire an attorney and fight it.
+1 Most (not all) cops are assholes...i completely agree with that. There's a very thin line between those cops and the people they're supposed to protect us from.

For pics of my ride, go to www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108628
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #8
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

thanks for the support guys. it may not seem like a big deal to us, but for someone who has driven for so many years w/o any type of infraction, it can be very unsettling. i will research traffic attorney's in the area and go from there...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #9
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Contest both of them. Both are ridiculous tickets.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #10
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

call the cops on the cop!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

I can certainly see your frustration, and I'd be pissed too, but I wouldn't go as far as saying all cops are bad. I actually know a few who are really great guys and wouldn't have done this in a million years.

I'd fight both of these in court. These 2 cops in particular, if it happed as you said, are exactly what you said...

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #12
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

While I think these two stops are arbitrary, cut the cops a break. Their job is difficult and potentially dangerous. There are plenty of stories about drivers pulling guns on officers and remember that the police don't just enforce traffic. When your crazy neighbor is drunk and waving his Uzi around, who do you call? Do you want that job?

Thanks, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #13
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Funny how we can make judgements when we only hear one side the the story ... I guess everyone is a victim these days ....
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #14
Tommy420
peace.love.health.happine ss
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 Montego/Blk lthr

I still stand by my comment: MOST cops are assholes...there are some few, who I personally know and am friends with, that are cool and don't abuse their power...these copes obviously abused their power and if you take these cases to court, I don't see why you wouldn't win.

For pics of my ride, go to www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108628
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #15
335i4u2nv
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w

cops do suck! like their rarely there when u actually need them and all...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #16
amazzzin
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Every cops gets his day. Hes there to protect right? Let him do it then. Sure, let them pull you over for the most retarded things. Such as making me drive 15 miles and then deciding to pull me over, pointless and a dickwad thing to do. Hopefully that one guy they pull over will have a 9mm and just put it to his dome and drive away with the ticket book.

Wrong move copper.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #17
kablaam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post
Every cops gets his day. Hes there to protect right? Let him do it then. Sure, let them pull you over for the most retarded things. Such as making me drive 15 miles and then deciding to pull me over, pointless and a dickwad thing to do. Hopefully that one guy they pull over will have a 9mm and just put it to his dome and drive away with the ticket book.

Wrong move copper.
You're a good man. Why don't you say that to the family of Officer Timoshenko(NYPD) who did get shot in the head when he pulled over a mut who stole a BMW X5.

You're

P.S.: I see you have 15% tints, BTW the X5 did have tints which is why he didn't see the .45 pointed at his head.

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

2005 Honda Odyssey EX
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #18
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Your best revenge...

File a complaint against the cop for failing to enforce law and order on the road. The cops only go after the uneducated or people who are scared to go to court, they are scare shit of lawyers and people who are educated to present themselves in the court of law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
/begin rant:

/end rant

01-16-2008, 08:04 AM   #19
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 3.0Si

Wooo another cop bashing thread. Waaah, I got a ticket an I don't want to pay for it. Waaaah! Grow up. You drive a BMW, man up an just pay for the ticket. Most of you should know when to choose your battles and not fight over the little shit.

In both cases your mother was violating the law. In the SUV one it shows that she did not have control over her vehicle and not paying attention to what's around her. Her reactions could have caused a more severe accident.

Either way, you guys that cry about how cops suck. I hope you never really need one to save your life. Instead of coming on here and crying about them. How about you tell them what you really think while you're on the phone calling them for help.
      01-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #20
kablaam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
Wooo another cop bashing thread. Waaah, I got a ticket an I don't want to pay for it. Waaaah! Grow up. You drive a BMW, man up an just pay for the ticket. Most of you should know when to choose your battles and not fight over the little shit.

In both cases your mother was violating the law. In the SUV one it shows that she did not have control over her vehicle and not paying attention to what's around her. Her reactions could have caused a more severe accident.

Either way, you guys that cry about how cops suck. I hope you never really need one to save your life. Instead of coming on here and crying about them. How about you tell them what you really think while you're on the phone calling them for help.

I was walking my dog the other day and saw cops at my neighbors house(one that openly HATES cops). So I ask the cop what was going on. Listen to this: the guy called WAAAA 1 1 because he heard a "suspicious noise" in his backyard. To me, that is what your 12-gauge is for Cops shouldn't have ALL THE FUN!

For someone who acts so big and bad when they don't need a cop, it's ironic how things turn out.

It is no different then many of those "tough guys" here.

America, while there is no other, is becomming a Country of people who blame everyone else for their misfortunes. The day of owning up to your own mistakes and misfortunes are over....it's blame the Government, the media, television, the school system, the cops, the dog or UFO's.

Grow up.

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

2005 Honda Odyssey EX
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #21
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

smart people in law enforcement are in intelligence not patrol officers...
i actually got pulled over by this ape(he was white) that used to mess with me in hs. He was foul mouthed but he let me go. Just fight it with a good attorney. Now police depts want college graduates but what are they going to get? Retards from tier 2 and tier 3 schools. Some people become cops because they are sick fcks. Even though they may be dumb or average intelligence for the most part they have the power to lock you up. I remember from school that 100 men should go free before 1 innocent person gets locked up on false charges but it does happen...

you or she could probably beat both. His speedometer could have been off by 5 mph. You usually get a plea deal in traffic court(not sure about Cali). Fight both...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #22
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR View Post

Wrong move copper.
That's the most idiotic thing I've read all day. So you want a person to die cause they took about 10 mins of your time? Get real. For your information the reason they don't pull people over right away is because they're running a background check on your plates. I hope you're man enough to solve your own problems and not call 911 for anything considering you'd like to see them dead. It's sad to see you all act like e-thugs on here but I'm quite sure you wouldn't be acting like this in real life.

Disgusting...