E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dog-abusing CEO forced to resign

09-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #23
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 COMP/SOLD

People feel compelled to help those who can't help or speak for themselves... That's why I donate, advocate and aid in helping mostly dogs in shelters. I donate to charities for humans too, lol. That's my ten cents on the issue.

The other day I saw a homeless guy on the street in Hells Kitchen in NYC and his Jack Russell sleeping next to him on the sidewalk. He chooses the street over the shelters, prob cause his best friend is his dog and the human shelters won't allow his buddy... I would do the same

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #24
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

I don’t give a rats ass about the homeless. Two years ago the owner of our company was looking to fill 40 positions for our call center support. He decided to hit the streets of Miami, FL and hand out offer letters to the homeless along with $100.00 cash! The story even made our local news. 1 homeless guy showed up and walked out after two days! The opportunities are there. They choose not to take advantage of them. When I adopted our lab every other cage read “Family lost home. Left me in garage” “Family left me in the yard” “Family tied me to neighbors fence and left” Pets are dependent on their owners to feed and care for them.

Trust me I know what it’s like to hit rock bottom. As a child we had to take showers at the fire hydrant. My mother said it was a game. Later on she admitted it was because we had no running water.

14 years ago when I moved from NY to San Diego our moving company decided to steal our entire life’s savings. Absolutely everything we owned was in that truck. Furniture, home movies, computers, clothing. We didn’t even have jobs yet. We woke up the next morning on the floor staring at an empty apartment. That day I walked to well over 25 companies looking for work. The only offer I got was cleaning offices after hours. Now we live in a beautiful home, drive nice cars, money in the bank, and have a dog that doesn’t care if you live in a 10,000 square foot mansion, or a 10 square foot tent. If I go away for 2 weeks or step out for 10 minutes she greets me like I’ve been away all her life. I have no heart for homeless. They have the power to change their lives. They would just rather hit the streets and pursue a career in panhandling!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #25
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
I don’t give a rats ass about the homeless. Two years ago the owner of our company was looking to fill 40 positions for our call center support. He decided to hit the streets of Miami, FL and hand out offer letters to the homeless along with $100.00 cash! The story even made our local news. 1 homeless guy showed up and walked out after two days! The opportunities are there. They choose not to take advantage of them. When I adopted our lab every other cage read “Family lost home. Left me in garage” “Family left me in the yard” “Family tied me to neighbors fence and left” Pets are dependent on their owners to feed and care for them.
re: the bolded part.
I don't think it is fair to toss all homeless in to this "bucket". There are many reasons one might be on the streets. Many are mentally handicapped and social services was not able to "mainstream" them successfully.
Others are drug addicts, others came in to financial ruin, yadda yadda yaddda. My point is that, yes, some chose not to take advantage of opportunities and services available to them, others reach out and it still fails.

I do not do much in the way of charitable donations any more. I always have in the back of my mind that my money is going to go to "administrative fees" and not directly help those in need. I would prefer to donate my time or my old belongings to Goodwill/SA/other thrift store. (although this probably helps the ebay flippers more than the homeless lol)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #26
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
re: the bolded part.
I don't think it is fair to toss all homeless in to this "bucket". There are many reasons one might be on the streets. Many are mentally handicapped and social services was not able to "mainstream" them successfully.
Others are drug addicts, others came in to financial ruin, yadda yadda yaddda. My point is that, yes, some chose not to take advantage of opportunities and services available to them, others reach out and it still fails.

I do not do much in the way of charitable donations any more. I always have in the back of my mind that my money is going to go to "administrative fees" and not directly help those in need. I would prefer to donate my time or my old belongings to Goodwill/SA/other thrift store. (although this probably helps the ebay flippers more than the homeless lol)

Totally agree. My wife (a nurse) says she has plenty of homeless come into the hospital for care and treatment. By law they cannot turn them down. The way I look at it. I’m already donating to their health care.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #27
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
I do not do much in the way of charitable donations any more. I always have in the back of my mind that my money is going to go to "administrative fees" and not directly help those in need.
There are some good online resources that rate the various charities on how much actually makes it to the front lines. Some are good, and some are terrible. If I recall, "Doctors without Borders" is one of the better ones, and consistently spends very small percentages on administration.
      09-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #28
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I got no problem opening my wallet real wide when I go to the local animal shelters. We rescued both of our cats from there; we'd take more if we had the space, but the next best thing is to donate so that they have the resources to feed and care for the animals until they find a home, instead of euthanizing them.

When I go into an animal shelter, it's easy to feel generous because I know with absolute certainty that not one penny of my money will be wasted on helping any being who squandered a perfectly good opportunity to fit into society by getting addicted to drugs.

If I ever find a homeless shelter where I can look around and say the same thing, perhaps I'll be more inclined to donate to them too. Terrible, unfair shit happens to every creature on this planet. If you deal with it by rolling up your sleeves to work hard and dig yourself out of it, you got my support. If you deal with it by rolling up your sleeves to shoot up, I wont financially enable your continued self-inflicted misery.

In the case of the dog-abusing CEO, he probably enjoyed some better-than-average opportunities along the way to get to where he was. Instead of being grateful, he takes his frustrations out on some defenseless animal. Whatever misery now comes his way will be self-inflicted too, and he deserves every bit of it.
      09-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #29
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:

Trust me I know what it’s like to hit rock bottom. As a child we had to take showers at the fire hydrant. My mother said it was a game. Later on she admitted it was because we had no running water.

14 years ago when I moved from NY to San Diego our moving company decided to steal our entire life’s savings. Absolutely everything we owned was in that truck. Furniture, home movies, computers, clothing. We didn’t even have jobs yet. We woke up the next morning on the floor staring at an empty apartment. That day I walked to well over 25 companies looking for work. The only offer I got was cleaning offices after hours. Now we live in a beautiful home, drive nice cars, money in the bank, and have a dog that doesn’t care if you live in a 10,000 square foot mansion, or a 10 square foot tent. If I go away for 2 weeks or step out for 10 minutes she greets me like I’ve been away all her life. I have no heart for homeless. They have the power to change their lives. They would just rather hit the streets and pursue a career in panhandling!
Hold on. The moving company took off with your belongings? How did that happen? This seems like a bit of a rags to riches story. How did you go from cleaning offices to what you do now?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #30
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Hold on. The moving company took off with your belongings? How did that happen? This seems like a bit of a rags to riches story. How did you go from cleaning offices to what you do now?
I’ve always been in finance. I went out looking for an accounting position. The only offer I got at the time was cleaning offices. Funny thing is, I told them the story of how my entire life was stolen from a moving truck and if they didn’t have any accounting positions available I would be more than happy to pass a mop. I took the first offer I got. A couple months later I landed a job working for Sony as an accountant.

The moving company claimed there was a robbery on the road. There were three families moving cross country and our entire belongings were in that truck. The police report was filled out as a “highjacking”
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #31
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I’ve always been in finance. I went out looking for an accounting position. The only offer I got at the time was cleaning offices. Funny thing is, I told them the story of how my entire life was stolen from a moving truck and if they didn’t have any accounting positions available I would be more than happy to pass a mop. I took the first offer I got. A couple months later I landed a job working for Sony as an accountant.

The moving company claimed there was a robbery on the road. There were three families moving cross country and our entire belongings were in that truck. The police report was filled out as a “highjacking”
Did you get compensation in the form of an insurance settlement?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #32
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you get compensation in the form of an insurance settlement?
I filled out a ton of paperwork. But apparently I never filled out a cargo insurance form so I got nothing. I can tell you I lost roughly $50K in personal belongings.

Last edited by 2011CrazE89; 09-04-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #33
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I filled out a ton of paperwork but apparently I never filled out a cargo insurance form so I got nothing. I can tell you I lost roughly $50K in personal belongings.
Sorry to hear mate. I'd have a mental breakdown.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #34
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear mate. I'd have a mental breakdown.
Looking back I think we were set up from the beginning. Expensive lesson learned.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #35
991brothers
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

Glad he lost his job. Now I hope his friend roundhouse kicks him straight in the face
2022 BMW M5 Competition - 2016 GT3 RS UltraViolet -2018 GT3 Chalk - 2016 GT3 Lava - 2015 GT3 Guards Red - 2018 Audi RS7 - 2016 F80 M3 - 2015 GT3 Black - 2015 GT3 Carrara White - 2016 991.1 GTS - 2012 997.2 GTS Cabriolet - 2011 E92 M3 - 2006 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #36
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

We should learn that there are camera everywhere. DA, COP, Attorney, or Judges are not immune to anything. Road rage is another one people should think of. Proliferation of onboard camera, and mobile phone devices, not too many crazy drivers will get away with it either.
      09-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #37
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Glad no videos exist of me playing with my dog. We play/wrestle pretty rough. He's 100 pound bulldog and while he's never exited play time bleeding... i have.

If they did video us playing, i'm sure people would think that my dog was getting ready to tear me up. He's voistrous and sounds super mean. But i can just walk away, sit on the couch and he'll come over and sit next to me and rest his head on my feet.

Of course you'd have to post a video of me sleeping on the floor with him after surgery too. Just to make sure there were no misconceptions.

This guy dog sitting is a total jagoff. I actually installed dogie cams for when we have people dog sitting for us so i can keep an eye on him. If nothing else i can see that they are feeding him, taking him out, etc...

I don't know what it is about these furry little bottomless pits that endears them to most of us so deeply. But it's difficult to believe that there are people that find dogs, pets, etc.. to be disgusting and revolting to the point they would abuse them. I just can't understand that.

Me and my dog play pretty rough too. He starts growling and can sound aggressive, even vicious to the unsuspecting passerby. Here's a pic of him in all his beastness.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #38
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
Me and my dog play pretty rough too. He starts growling and can sound aggressive, even vicious to the unsuspecting passerby. Here's a pic of him in all his beastness.
that's awesome. This is my blind buddy.

09-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #39
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

lol so great. dogs r kewl
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #40
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep

My dog after pooping on the rug. How can you get angry at these faces?

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 03:50 AM   #41
Repoman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10+

That's just terrible.
      09-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #42
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
He's voistrous and sounds super mean.
Your word makes 1000 times more sense than "boisterous"

I'd also think claustrophobia should be changed to "closetrophobia" and cunnilinguis changed to "cuntilinguis" to make then sound more like what they actually mean.

And your "blind buddy's" first picture is great! What a great looking dog.

I could NEVER trust anybody who mistreats an animal (or anything that can't stand up for themselves). I wouldn't want to work for them and I wouldn't want to be around them. Good for the company canning that jerk.
      09-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #43
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Your word makes 1000 times more sense than "boisterous"

I'd also think claustrophobia should be changed to "closetrophobia" and cunnilinguis changed to "cuntilinguis" to make then sound more like what they actually mean.

And your "blind buddy's" first picture is great! What a great looking dog.

I could NEVER trust anybody who mistreats an animal (or anything that can't stand up for themselves). I wouldn't want to work for them and I wouldn't want to be around them. Good for the company canning that jerk.
Jeezz, i went full retard with that one. haha. I didn't eve get close!!
      09-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #44
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Jeezz, i went full retard with that one. haha. I didn't eve get close!!
Never go full retard!

I still like your word much better.