E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Thinking of Boss 302...

07-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #45
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue
Ok, Everyday Driver, I actually really like those guys. They're pretty down to earth and offer real people reviews. I thought we were talking about the capabilities of the car though. Those are two different conversations really. The M3 is - and better freakin be - the better car. They do the things like the scrotum rubbing.

Taking out the baffle makes it too loud if you've got neighbors and cops who don't have shit better to do. The shifter is bad. The door cards actually might be the worst ever put in a car. But they're right, you just don't care about this crap when you're driving it.

I've always loved the N54 cars (when working) and the 1M, but I'll just never daily an FI/DI car again until the tech is a lot more mature and the goddamn government has hadcuffed the automakers to the point where it's inevitable. More moving parts, more heat, the tradeoffs just aren't worth it for me at this point in time. That won't prevent me from respecting the cars for what they are though.

But all I was saying is that regardless of where you hold the GT or BOSS in relation to the M3, they are very good cars. It takes very little to make a GT trump a BOSS (all respect to the BOSSes out there), so I really disagree with these guys. Unless you need the BOSS name or plan on boost, get a GT for pennies on the dollar right now and spend a few bucks in suspension and engine mods (tune/exhaust/tire E85 runs 11.5 or go the road course route for cheap too), the GT is still absolutely viable in the conversation.

But I've gone off on a tangent. Regardless of whether or not you compare the live-axle Rustang to the M3, the Rustang is an outstandingly capable car.
Dwayne-Johnson-clap.gif

Well said.
Appreciate 0