E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Do people don't respect other ppl's car when parked!

03-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Killswitch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Do people ever respect other ppl's car when parked!

I left work and walked by the passenger side of my car and notice a small ding. Not only did it leave a mark but chipped and left a ding!! I wish I knew who did it cause I would get them to pay for it. It's a small ding but enough to piss me off.

Last edited by Killswitch; 02-25-2015 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
It sucks. People are either jealous or just don't have respect for other people's property, whether it's a $1,000 or $100,000 car.

When I got my 350Z brand-new five years ago, it already had two dings in a couple of days.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

^One time I saw a drunk guy taking a piss on a then-new 350Z. People are assholes
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
JIM E92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe

The people who care about their cars will generally respect your car. So park in the corner of the lot and walk an extra thirty seconds. It's not so much about envy...more like carelessness. If you notice most people don't even hold their door when opening. The only thing you can do about that is to park further away.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

^ yup

its up to you to protect your property. 80% of the general public doesnt care if their car door has dings so they dont care if they put one in yours.

A few weeks ago I was driving my GMC Sierra Z71 (huge truck) which isnt the easiest to park in grocery store parking lots. As a result I'll park beyond everyone by myself (I park even farther in the M3). There was NO ONE around me when I went in. When I came out, a MB e-class had parked so close on my drivers side that I could not open my drivers door to get in....this parking lot has double lines between each spot to allow for more space. The MB was IN MY SPOT over both lines.

I cliimbed in the passenger door, got in my seat, opened my drivers door and proceeded to kick the shit out of my door into their car.....twice. If your going to be that damned ignorant your going to get it.

Their mirror was damaged pretty good. I drove off, checked my truck later, not a scratch.

*sshole.

so I say again, protect your property.
      03-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Killswitch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Yeah I must agree with all of you. I'm kinda of limited to where I can park at work so I don't have the option to park away from everyone else. I would if i could and I really hate people who park close as hell like in Sniz's case. I remember one time I went to the mall and saw a lady get out of her car and swung open her door into the car next to her. She didn't even give a single thought about it. The worst was when I went to CarMax to see what I would get for my Gti and while i was waiting i went to check out what kinda of cars were on the lot. I called my bro who happen to just get off work if he wanted to check out some cars too. While we were walking around the Bimmer section we quickly notice a white porsche caymen being drivin back to the lot and we quickly went back to looking at the bimmers. Next thing we heard was a door slam against another car. We turned back around and saw a sales man walk out of the porsche and didn't even care what he just did. He was on the freakin phone. As we walked back to check up on my car we walked back to the porsche which had a small dent on the edge of the door but the 350z convertible took a large ding on the driver side and some white paint of the porsche left behind as well. Now that is careless.
I just realize that Kampfer and CAPSGOD had stories about 350Z. How funny.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
^ yup

its up to you to protect your property. 80% of the general public doesnt care if their car door has dings so they dont care if they put one in yours.

A few weeks ago I was driving my GMC Sierra Z71 (huge truck) which isnt the easiest to park in grocery store parking lots. As a result I'll park beyond everyone by myself (I park even farther in the M3). There was NO ONE around me when I went in. When I came out, a MB e-class had parked so close on my drivers side that I could not open my drivers door to get in....this parking lot has double lines between each spot to allow for more space. The MB was IN MY SPOT over both lines.

I cliimbed in the passenger door, got in my seat, opened my drivers door and proceeded to kick the shit out of my door into their car.....twice. If your going to be that damned ignorant your going to get it.

Their mirror was damaged pretty good. I drove off, checked my truck later, not a scratch.

*sshole.

I usually don't condone this sort of stuff but there's a time and place when ppl should know better and this is one of em. They deserved it
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Hey OP, something similar happened to me as well. What a co incidence as I'm furious as well.

On a Wednesday afternoon, I parked my car next to a Audi convertible. When I came back, the owner of the Audi was there as well. He opened his door and dinged my passenger side. I was careful enough to leave ample space for him to open the door but yet he was careless.

I somehow controlled my anger and told him in a friendly way ''Can you be a little more careful''. And this punk replies back without apologizing ''OK ok''. And then he added '' You already have so many scratches''. I said ''I know''. And then he adds ''How can you be so Materialistic?? ''. Lol....I was like wtf. I was thinking, how can You drive a Audi convertible and tell others that they are materialistic!

Anyway....I remained calm as I had just offered my afternoon prayers and told him '' I hope someone dings or blocks your car and then maybe ,maybe, you'll understand''. He kept on blabbering about something but I ignored him as I wanted to Bitch Slap this guy so bad but it would be a waste of my energy as a ignorant cannot be cured. But I think, next time if I meet this guy, I dunno what I'm going to do.

Quote:

*sshole.

Hey man, do you think I should do something similar to this guys car if I meet him again.

My goodside says forget it. My bad side says, I should ding dang dong his car in front of him and say ''Why are you so materialistic''. If you read what I wrote in my story above, you'll get what I wrote.

Last edited by OBI_agent; 03-28-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
It sucks. People are either jealous or just don't have respect for other people's property, whether it's a $1,000 or $100,000 car.

When I got my 350Z brand-new five years ago, it already had two dings in a couple of days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
I usually don't condone this sort of stuff but there's a time and place when ppl should know better and this is one of em. They deserved it
+1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM E92 View Post
The people who care about their cars will generally respect your car. So park in the corner of the lot and walk an extra thirty seconds. It's not so much about envy...more like carelessness. If you notice most people don't even hold their door when opening. The only thing you can do about that is to park further away.
You have a valid point and I did try parking far away. But sometimes, it doesn't work out or you can't afford to park somewhere else. I just pray to God to protect my investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
^One time I saw a drunk guy taking a piss on a then-new 350Z. People are assholes
Next time you see someone doing that, just take some pictures and spread on the net. You know what will happen next.
      03-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #10
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
I can never make myself physically eff up somebody else's car... maybe release the air out of their tires... but at least you can try these:

http://www.zazzle.com/bad_parking_no...69643962891055

Just look up "bad parking cards" on Google or Bing and try these the next time this sort of sh*t happens.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
I can never make myself physically eff up somebody else's car... maybe release the air out of their tires... but at least you can try these:

Just look up "bad parking cards" on Google or Bing and try these the next time this sort of sh*t happens.
Lol....Literally LOL!!!!!!!!!! This is a amazing idea....Lol...your a genius or whoever made this card.
      03-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #12
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
This happened to me last week at my office... to the left of my car (the 135) is a cement pillar which I park extremely close to so that literally any car that parks next to me will be able to swing their door open fully without hitting me (just behind my car is the ocean so the breeze often swings doors open fully, even when trying to be careful). This clown just didn't give a shit. People are dumb.

Name:  photo(1).jpg
Views: 1829
Size:  122.1 KB

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:

lol awesome card!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #14
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
I agree, I dont mess with people property but that person deserved a throat punch, they werent around, so their car got it.
      03-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #15
Lowest_Frequency
Audiophile
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 GT500

Quote:

ORDERED
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #16
VinnieAces
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola Red Z4MC

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [8.00]
Quote:
^ yup

*sshole.

^ FTW
      03-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #17
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Do people don't respect other ppl's car when parked!
That is all.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieAces View Post
^ FTW
made me feel better for sure!

I was pissed, groceries in hand and had to deal w that crap. I couldnt use my rear door for the groceries which is my typical course of action.
      03-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #19
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
This happened to me last week at my office... to the left of my car (the 135) is a cement pillar which I park extremely close to so that literally any car that parks next to me will be able to swing their door open fully without hitting me (just behind my car is the ocean so the breeze often swings doors open fully, even when trying to be careful). This clown just didn't give a shit. People are dumb.

Attachment 502136
Carry valve stem removal tool with a note saying "next time don't park like an asshole"

It will take them at least an hour to get the tire re inflated and you cant be charged with vandalism.
      03-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #20
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Hey OP, something similar happened to me as well. What a co incidence as I'm furious as well.

On a Wednesday afternoon, I parked my car next to a Audi convertible. When I came back, the owner of the Audi was there as well. He opened his door and dinged my passenger side. I was careful enough to leave ample space for him to open the door but yet he was careless.

I somehow controlled my anger and told him in a friendly way ''Can you be a little more careful''. And this punk replies back without apologizing ''OK ok''. And then he added '' You already have so many scratches''. I said ''I know''. And then he adds ''How can you be so Materialistic?? ''. Lol....I was like wtf. I was thinking, how can You drive a Audi convertible and tell others that they are materialistic!

Anyway....I remained calm as I had just offered my afternoon prayers and told him '' I hope someone dings or blocks your car and then maybe ,maybe, you'll understand''. He kept on blabbering about something but I ignored him as I wanted to Bitch Slap this guy so bad but it would be a waste of my energy as a ignorant cannot be cured. But I think, next time if I meet this guy, I dunno what I'm going to do.

Hey man, do you think I should do something similar to this guys car if I meet him again.

My goodside says forget it. My bad side says, I should ding dang dong his car in front of him and say ''Why are you so materialistic''. If you read what I wrote in my story above, you'll get what I wrote.
What the hell I would've dinged the shit out of his car right in front of him then told him to fuck off and stop being so materialistic.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #21
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
It will take them at least an hour to get the tire re inflated and you cant be charged with vandalism.
Really? I've used the valve stem removal tool trick quite a few times, but I never knew I couldn't be charged for it! Sweet.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #22
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Really? I've used the valve stem removal tool trick quite a few times, but I never knew I couldn't be charged for it! Sweet.
will this one work?

http://www.arizonatools.com/tire-too...n=productfeeds