E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Does it bother anyone else when their passengers don't wear their damn seatbelts?

05-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #45
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
This was an empty residential street with no cars behind me, and after driving that car for 5 years and in a neighborhood where idiocy runs RAMPANT and I've slammed brakes to avoid accidents millions of times, I know the precise threshold to get that effect, but not even trigger the ABS.
So you try to send people through the windshield for the fun of it? I must have miss read something. Maybe I should go back and reread...
      05-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #46
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Guys, we're talking from about 15MPH-0 with a tap of the brakes so lightly the ABS doesn't even engage on a car with an over-sensitive ABS, and it was a light tap on a somewhat padded dashboard, not running into a brick wall at 60MPH and watching her spearhead through a laminated windshield...

But after 10 times of asking nicely, pulling the "I refuse to go anywhere until you buckle up" approach, pulling over when she unbuckles halfway through, and even straight up chewing her out once, there's only so much of being nice to a person who 1. Lives in a neighborhood with a bunch of FOB drivers and 2. Just got her 2nd DUI in a year 20 days prior, and being a guy and all, I can't grab her shirt and give my trademark "listen, motherfucker..." through gritted teeth speech either (although given the heat of the moment it was tempting).

...Oh, and I've rode before so I know the drill.
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 07-03-2014 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #47
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I feel as safe at 70 MPH as I do at 15 MPH, belt or not.
Appreciate 0