New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
markmatthews
Private
Rep
Drives: LS3 Z51 MZ6

Z4 35i 6MT Lease Help!

Hello all,

I have been lurking this forum for a while and just recently signed up. Currently there is not a single 6MT z4 35i in southern California, so the car has to be ordered. Basically the car is just 6MT and no options, as "base" as the car gets. All I am looking for is a 2 seater with the N54 and 3 pedals

So far this is what I got from the dealership I've been working with -

Sadly I don't quite understand what I'm looking at.

From the picture this is what I gathered:
  1. Residual after 36 months is 65% (not as good as the late 2011 deals I've seen on here)
  2. Destination fee = $925
  3. Drive off = $1225.09 - I will try to make the drive off $0 or at most just first month's payment
  4. Rebate = $750 for loyalty and $1,000 from BMW drive event
  5. DMV license fee = $448
  6. Money factor = 0.00127
  7. Lease term = 36 months
  8. I'm in LA county so sales tax is 9%

Other than that I have no idea what the final selling price of the vehicle is. I noticed the residual after 36 months is 65% of the base MSRP which is $56,875.00 - does that mean this dealer is basically selling the car to me at MSRP?

Based on this site - http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/bm...2013/6AFAB2FB/ - the invoice should be around $50,740, is that correct?

Any help with the picture above would be greatly appreciated, and I welcome any additional tips and/or advice!

Last edited by markmatthews; 06-27-2013 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Made the post more concise
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

The Cap Cost (Capatalized Cost) would be your initial sale price, so $53,460. The Adjusted Cap Cost is the final actual selling price after all rebates + required costs (like DMV, etc.) which in this case is $52,731. Using your link, this looks like this is a lot lower than average paid, which means you did pretty well considering that this is an ordered car. Also, good idea on making the deposit $0 as any money you put down as a deposit you do not get back if the car is totaled. However, this of course means you will have a higher monthly payment.

Everything else you have is correct. Just for your information, a .00127 money factor equates to about a little higher than 3% APR.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

not sure who you are working with but the guy I got my z from at pacific (Ray Ibarra) is great. He put in an order for my colleague at $500 under invoice for a 328 and I got my z off the lot from him 2k under invoice because it had been sitting for a while.

Looks like your negotiated selling price is $3000 over invoice. Personally I would try to do A LOT better than that. I bet you can achieve invoice or better by negotiating then stacking the ultimate drive and BMW FS loyalty credit. Then put down msd instead of cap cost reduction.

Personally I think you are leaving a bunch of money on the table. (Edit: if you don't understand the math on that sheet, that's a huge red flag. Don't sign yet. Read up so you can negotiate it effectively)

Also, you are getting the base non sport suspension. Have you driven that? You really should before you buy. I personally thought it was too soft. Try the dct too just so you are clear on what that is like.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
markmatthews
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
The Cap Cost (Capatalized Cost) would be your initial sale price, so $53,460. The Adjusted Cap Cost is the final actual selling price after all rebates + required costs (like DMV, etc.) which in this case is $52,731. Using your link, this looks like this is a lot lower than average paid, which means you did pretty well considering that this is an ordered car. Also, good idea on making the deposit $0 as any money you put down as a deposit you do not get back if the car is totaled. However, this of course means you will have a higher monthly payment.

Everything else you have is correct. Just for your information, a .00127 money factor equates to about a little higher than 3% APR.
Thanks. My goal is ultimately invoice or a bit below lol, and yeah the APR doesn't look too good...any idea if it might drop later on in the year around fall or winter? Any historical trends with BMW that anybody's aware of? Sorry if I'm asking a bit too much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
not sure who you are working with but the guy I got my z from at pacific (Ray Ibarra) is great. He put in an order for my colleague at $500 under invoice for a 328 and I got my z off the lot from him 2k under invoice because it had been sitting for a while.

Looks like your negotiated selling price is $3000 over invoice. Personally I would try to do A LOT better than that. I bet you can achieve invoice or better by negotiating then stacking the ultimate drive and BMW FS loyalty credit. Then put down msd instead of cap cost reduction.

Personally I think you are leaving a bunch of money on the table.

Also, you are getting the base non sport suspension. Have you driven that? You really should before you buy. I personally thought it was too soft. Try the dct too just so you are clear on what that is like.

Good luck.
I was hoping you would chime since I read quite a few posts from you on leasing this car

Yeah I'm guessing it's because I'm ordering the car so it's a bit tougher to find somebody who's willing to do invoice. I will contact your sales rep and tell him that you referred me and see what we can work out. SD isn't too far for a better deal.

I actually did drive a DCT and a 6MT extensively - the DCT car had sport package and I loved the handling and steering wheel much more than the non-sport packaged 6MT car. The DCT is incredible - any better and it could cook for me; but alas I can see myself getting bored of it as I get tired of cars relatively quickly so I have decided to opt for the 6MT ultimately. I might opt for the sport package if the deal is good enough but as it is I'm having trouble finding a socal dealer who is willing to play ball with the price...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatthews View Post
I was hoping you would chime since I read quite a few posts from you on leasing this car
Hey I'm on the fence about lease take over so you can take advantage of my pre negotiated deal

one poster on this forum fl_cyclist got $10k off his new 35is since it was sitting on the lot so you might want to consider being flexible since the E89 is such a slow seller that you can achieve crazy good deals.

Pacific BMW is in Glendale. I travel to get the good pricing if needed!

You should check out bmwconfig.com for the latest invoice price information, truecar.com for actual transaction pricing (include destination and MACO to do apples to apples comparison). Shoot for the right tail (i.e. the lowest price on the distribution).
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
markmatthews
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Hey I'm on the fence about lease take over so you can take advantage of my pre negotiated deal

one poster on this forum fl_cyclist got $10k off his new 35is since it was sitting on the lot so you might want to consider being flexible since the E89 is such a slow seller that you can achieve crazy good deals.

Pacific BMW is in Glendale. I travel to get the good pricing if needed!

You should check out bmwconfig.com for the latest invoice price information, truecar.com for actual transaction pricing (include destination and MACO to do apples to apples comparison). Shoot for the right tail (i.e. the lowest price on the distribution).
Thanks for letting me know! What options does your car have? Is it a manual transmission?

Great to hear that Pacific is in Glendale I am in touch with Ray now hopefully we can work something out.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatthews View Post
Thanks for letting me know! What options does your car have? Is it a manual transmission?
DCT, sport, premium and premium sound packages, 19" style 296 wheels, heated seats. sapphire black exterior, black interior

probably not interesting to you if you are set on the manual

payment is $589/mo including CA tax and I would want to recoup the $4200 security deposit
Appreciate 0