E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Things Dealership does not want you to know.

06-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Things Dealership does not want you to know.

Dude dealership are like shark.. They give u good deal in front...like drop the price on the car that watever u want. At the end, they hit you with high interest rate . They will find little crapping stuffs on ur credit report and say "oh yeah your credit isnt meet the require to get you GREAT DEAL. The BEST i can DO is give you about 10.50 % on a 5 years with 899 per month plan.." They want to hit u hard and lets the bargain beginning.. The reason behind that when the rather give up a car to a customer, and GAIN BUYING POWER OR 1st in Line for the HOT CAR like m6 6 series m5 or m3 or e93 cabrio. THOSE car do make the dealership profit cause they are higherly in demand. DONT ever say to a customer I dont have any control with the rate. NO SECRET . NO MERCY for any Dealership

FS Dept can give u the car and hit you with a high interest rate.. come on.. You can trick Young people or first time buyer. You cant trick Return customer..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

word.. i dont even go to dealers anymore.. negotiate everything online then walk in with the negotiated price... or get your loan through a bank before you even go there.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: still deciding what to order

Go to the dealers and pretend you are ready to get screwed over so you can test drive the cars and leave. Once you know what you want get a loan from a credit union or online bank... then negotiate your price between different dealers online as a cash buyer. Paying a car sales man a fat commission is for suckers.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
FS Dept can give u the car and hit you with a high interest rate.. come on.. You can trick Young people or first time buyer. You cant trick Return customer..
There are many profit centers in a dealership, including financing. Why don't you arrange your financing up front? If you have a good income/debt ratio and credit score, you can even shop on the net for the best interest rates. Get pre-approved, then negotiate on your vehicle. The second they pull that 10% crap on you you tell them you already have your financing. They'll ask you what interest rate and assuming you are not BSing them they'll match it at least. What's also nice about this approach is they may actually cut you a great deal on a car thinking they'll get you in finance, then you nix that as well. Be vague about your financing when negotiating..."I might lease, might buy, might pay cash...we'll just see how the numbers look after we've agreed on a price..."

Just don't get hit by the other profit centers...insurances and dealer add-ons!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedg35 View Post
word.. i dont even go to dealers anymore.. negotiate everything online then walk in with the negotiated price... or get your loan through a bank before you even go there.
+1

Negotiate everything through the internet sales person before you get there. I even have my price down before I test drive, unless I've already test driven at another dealership that refused to deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

It depends on the dealer. I got 0% on my first car from the dealer, and I had to go to a bank for my second cuz they didn't do any financing. At the end of the day interest rates MATTER. Make sure you check out bankrate.com before you jump in and make sure you're getting a car at or below the average rates.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #7
IndianPoweredE90
Loner in 909
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan 6MT Blk/Blk

i bought 2 cars completely online including my 335i. i negotiated everythign online and walked in with the finance check.. no hassle no mess.
Appreciate 0