E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Over/Under on a JoePa resignation?

11-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #23
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
What in the hell is this world coming to? Seriously!
      11-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #24
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
I'm sure these kids who where abused 'after' JoePa could have put a stop to it, are all glad the college is doing so well.

Seriously? Did you just fall off the turnip truck before you posted this? Legally, I still question, that with his power, he did not have a hand in the actions that took place. Morally, this guys more than just senile, he is a complete scum.

Maybe it's that I'm a father of a 12 year old son, and there is absolutely no way I can fathom someone his age being subjected to the things that happened on and off that campus.
Exactly.

...and the fucking idiot students who rioted... I don't know what to say. I thought Penn State was a little bit of a classier school than that, but I guess I was wrong.

Protecting pedophile rapists is OK as long as the football team is winning, right? What a bunch of fucking morons. Get them out of the B1G, they're making everyone they're associated with look bad.

As far as the senility argument goes, this happened a while ago. It's not like the Woody incident at all.

What a shitty thing to happen in the first place. What a SHITTIER way it's being reacted to by people who seem to think it's OK to protect pedophile rapists or make excuses as to why Joe Pa didn't have a higher obligation in this case than to just half-assedly report it. I thought the guy was better than that. I had a lot of respect for him. What a cuntbag.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #25
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Even more disturbing allegations/charges on the way according to reports.

Penn State better have a REALLY deep pocket becuase they are about to get smacked with millions upon millions in lawsuits.

One of the worst/dumbest/blatent cases of blind eye I can remember.

The "pissed" students need to go study and stop making idiots of themselves.

Some predict the Nebraska game Saturday may be cancelled.

What a huge mess that has only just begun.
      11-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
joepa got exactly what he deserved. they should have been fired back in the 2000's.

what a shameless act on those who knew about such tragic, horrific acts on children.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #27
darebornsolja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 [yezy]

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Exactly, I bet you that if someone was raping someone in his family he would have been outraged to if someone had not told the cops and gotten justice.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #28
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

New over and under.

Will Grandpa Pedo off himself before or after his 12/07/11 hearing?

Would prison general population be a better punishment?
      11-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #29
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
What is really interesting is that the District Attorney that was supposed to have spear headed it and followed up on things at the time of the encounters, went missing shortly after. He has been missing for years and recently was declared "legally dead" earlier this year. The only things they have found from him are a wallet and some other various personal effects.

Who knows he could be buried under the end zone like Jimmy Hoffa....

Personally I think that he shouldn't have been forced out even thought he's getting senile. JoePA has brought millions to the college and is/was a great coach. What happened is a tragedy but at the time of the incident he reported it as he was supposed to, as the protocol called for. It will be interesting to see how this effects a hall of fame ballot in the future....
Quote:
I'm sure these kids who where abused 'after' JoePa could have put a stop to it, are all glad the college is doing so well.

Seriously? Did you just fall off the turnip truck before you posted this? Legally, I still question, that with his power, he did not have a hand in the actions that took place. Morally, this guys more than just senile, he is a complete scum.

Maybe it's that I'm a father of a 12 year old son, and there is absolutely no way I can fathom someone his age being subjected to the things that happened on and off that campus.
As I said at the begining of it, the DA that was contacted that was supposed to have followed up on it all mysteriously goes missing never to be found again? I'm sure its just a coincidence. There is more here than what everyone has illuded to in every form and only a matter of time before the whole college gets ivestigated by the feds.

He did what everything called for and alerted who he was supposed to, in the chain of command his supuriors dropped the ball as well. Why not just clear out everyone that was at the college at that time, because I'm sure everyone played part in some way or another in attempting to keep it silent. We are turning him into the scapegoat for the whole situation, when it goes much deeper than that.

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #30
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
lol how joepa is center of attention when he shouldn't be.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #31
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

This might be too soon but here goes...

An older woman that likes young men is called a cougar. Does that mean that an older man who likes young men be called a NITTANY LION?!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #32
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
He did what everything called for and alerted who he was supposed to, in the chain of command his supuriors dropped the ball as well.
Legally yes...but morally, why would you not follow up when you notice that nothing happened. Forget who he is, forget the football program, skip the university aspect...just think of how many kids lives would be different right now if JoePa did just one, small, simple thing. I'm not sure what part you're missing with this?

The university could honestly give a hoot about moral aspect of this. I'm sure deep down, they care about the children, but they get paid, and work for the university. The PSU name is tarnished, and needed to be cleansed. When they say it's time to let the healing begin, they don't mean for the children...they mean for the university. That meant ditching everyone. I'm not sure why McQueary has a job though?

I'm still concerned that with the power JoePa had over the AD office, if he had not only more knowledge on what happened...but controlled what happened. The lay in the land at Happy Valley is not the same as anywhere else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
I think you fell off the same turnip truck. Just asking, did you happen to actually read the Grand Jury Report, or you just shooting your mouth off willy nilly?
      11-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #33
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

Sandusky will be getting his rear packed in prison. Child molesters are the lowest form of life, especially in prison.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #34
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808@702 View Post
Sandusky will be getting his rear packed in prison. Child molesters are the lowest form of life, especially in prison.
Problem is, the bastard would probably like it.
      11-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #35
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Legally yes...but morally, why would you not follow up when you notice that nothing happened. Forget who he is, forget the football program, skip the university aspect...just think of how many kids lives would be different right now if JoePa did just one, small, simple thing. I'm not sure what part you're missing with this?

I think you fell off the same turnip truck. Just asking, did you happen to actually read the Grand Jury Report, or you just shooting your mouth off willy nilly?
I could careless about who he is or what his job is. Everyone is focusing on him as if he's to blame for the whole thing, yes he knew, yes he did report it. Whether he should have done more we don't know what the circumstances at those times were, as I stated before this is just getting started. Things are only going to keep unraveling and its only going to get deeper the further they investigate. Its not just a coincidence that a DA goes missing, the paperwork mysteriously lost and nothing ever found other than a destroyed laptop and a wallet, let's also not forget the judge that was killed in a "car accident" who was also involved in the early stages when this also began.

Where was the media for the other things that he did to help the school donating money and scholarships to young people so they can obtain a higher education to go further in life? This is not someone who took all the money he made and went out and blew it on a lavish lifestyle, he lives in a modest house and used to walk to work. I think that for what he has done in the years that he was there firing him was the wrong thing to do, he offered to step down after the season and that's what should have been done.

Really could care less what you think about me. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. Not once did I say what happened was not a tragic occurrence, just that they should have handled the situation with JoePa differently....

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #36
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
well why don't you tell me what it said? instead of rolling your eyes? your comment is more ignorant than mine. all i've heard for the past week is that joe didn't do enough. despite going to his boss, he didn't go to the police. if you read the news or watch the news, almost all of the attention is on joepa not about the actual sex offender or about the children/families. i'm not even talking about the grand jury... so i have no idea why you are commenting on what i said.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #37
choicez
Major
Rep

Grand Jury Report

feed this sick f*ck to the wolves.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #38
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Grand Jury Report

feed this sick f*ck to the wolves.
thanks. just skimmed it... especially the parts after victim 2. the report doesn't talk about joepa that much, so i have no idea what ShopVac is talking about as to joepa's resignation. the president and athletic director certainly dropped the ball on this, but like i said earlier, i don't know why all the attention (media, police, and school officials) has turned to joepa (and as a result his firing/resignation).

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #39
choicez
Major
Rep

Quote:
thanks. just skimmed it...
it's a quick read but really f*cking disturbing. 23 pages total.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #40
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
thanks. just skimmed it... especially the parts after victim 2. the report doesn't talk about joepa that much, so i have no idea what ShopVac is talking about as to joepa's resignation. the president and athletic director certainly dropped the ball on this, but like i said earlier, i don't know why all the attention (media, police, and school officials) has turned to joepa (and as a result his firing/resignation).

So to start this out...you're backing JoePa and his actions, yet never read the report? That's what gets the

Needless, lets skip all the gory parts and go directly to page 7, and I'll cliff note it for you.

The grad assistant (aka McQueary) testifies (along with Victim 2) that he had directly seen direct sexual contact between Skumdusky and the victim.

This would be a Friday night....

Friday night the grad assistant calls his daddy, who tells him to talk to JoePa (draw your own conclusions here)

This would be Saturday morning...

However, it is noted that McQueary tells his story to JoePa. (this is where the stories between the two differ some); however, what does not differ though is two things...

1) Your Angel JoePa holds on to the information for an entire day and does not talk to the AD until Sunday.
2) When he does talk to Curly, it's stated in the records that JoePa testified that the events were "sexual" in nature.

So I ask you a few minor questions with this. And these are all from JoePa's aspect in this...

1) Why wait a day? Is he looking not to ruin the AD's weekend?
2) He stated the events were sexual in nature...why no police?
3) Why would there be no follow up on the events, he's not taken away, not in jail, not anything...oh wait, he's still in the locker room, weight room, his office. Not for just days, weeks or months...but YEARS.
4) So knowing events, even if not fully in detail (sexual in nature), how is it okay that he's still on the campus with kids? Then why after some time would they tell him not to bring kids into the locker room if they didn't know there was an issue? And guess who tells who goes where in the football area. Here's a hint...it ain't the AD at PSU.

So here's what we know...PSU knew of incidents, according to record, that go back to 1998. They now saw first hand events that unfolded in 2002, and did nothing about any of them, ever. Not until the DA stepped in in 2010 did they put restrictions on him. That's 12 years...12 years of JoePa padding his stats, knowing what he had on campus. The kids that were coming to the games, spending nights at his house, and yes, using the facilities that JoePa runs. He's not walking around in the dark on this...

JoePa is not innocent in this one bit in this. He did one small part that he was required to do to save his job for an additional 12 years. And any person...be it parent, student, chairperson, etc...should see through the shallowness that he is. Those who don't should be ashamed.

Great coach...sure...but he's lacking something upstairs. And I've got 8 (now 9) young adults, who's lives are tormented that agree with me 100%.
      11-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #41
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
So to start this out...you're backing JoePa and his actions, yet never read the report? That's what gets the
read what i said again and tell me if i say anything about backing joepa. if you can't figure that out, read again. i say nothing about backing anybody... i said the media has been highlighting him the whole time instead of the actual incident, victims, and so on.

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #42
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
What in the hell is this world coming to? Seriously!
People have always been capable of horrible behavior. What has changed is the media now shoves it down our throats 24 hrs a day. The world gets smaller and seems worse.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #43
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
read what i said again and tell me if i say anything about backing joepa. if you can't figure that out, read again. i say nothing about backing anybody... i said the media has been highlighting him the whole time instead of the actual incident, victims, and so on.
Sorry...I took this
Quote:
to read that you were implying that this is not JoePa's fault.

Cause, see...it is his fault. Not that it happened...it's his fault that it kept happening. JoePa's the face of PSU. When PSU get's smeared...it's his image. That's why they had to get rid of him...
      11-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #44
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I hope.. for all mankind, this creep chokes himself out!
I sure as hell dont want my tax money paying for his meals, his lodging, or his personal hygiene products!