E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2010 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix

03-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #67
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

I respect Hamilton as a driver. You will never hear me bad mouth his driving talents and ability to win. However, he is a spoiled, arrogant punk and I am really sick of the "prodigal son" title that has been given to him by many. When and if he ever approaches his 8th world title...then I will bow down to him as this god's gift to F1 persona that he and his fans seem to think he deserves.
      03-31-2010, 02:17 AM   #68
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
I respect Hamilton as a driver. You will never hear me bad mouth his driving talents and ability to win. However, he is a spoiled, arrogant punk and I am really sick of the "prodigal son" title that has been given to him by many. When and if he ever approaches his 8th world title...then I will bow down to him as this god's gift to F1 persona that he and his fans seem to think he deserves.
Exactly, he is way too much of a brat.
Sebastian is a much better driver anyways. Give Sebastian the McLaren and he'll do a MUCH better job.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #69
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
Give Sebastian the McLaren and he'll do a MUCH better job.
So True. Seb and Hamilton in equal cars...Seb would drive circles around Hamilton.
      03-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #70
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Well you are going to eat your words.
His records speaks for him. He doesn't need any ones stamp of approval. It is funny that people say he is Spolied and arrogant. Can you tell me what he has done ?

Speaking of arrogant and you are talking about Micheal I have not seen a arrogant driver like him. People used to say Senna was arrogant but the same people now say he is the best driver in F1.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 10:26 AM   #71
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

interesting discussions here

regarding the most arrogant driver, this for me is by far Alonso! although I have to admit he changed a bit and is less then a few years back. The guy was really thinking he was a god. Hamilton has to be careful he doesn't turn in an arrogant B*tard as well. I think he has great talents and is a much better driver then Button, who buy the way is a real nice guy. I just don't think Button is of the same level as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Schumacher. Personally I think Vettel has the edge, and he is a nice guy as well

And comparing Hamilton with Schumacher... not really... at least not yet. Schumacher won 7 world titles and holds more or less all F1 records, he is allowed to be a bit of arrogant
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #72
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel b View Post
interesting discussions here

regarding the most arrogant driver, this for me is by far Alonso! although I have to admit he changed a bit and is less then a few years back. The guy was really thinking he was a god. Hamilton has to be careful he doesn't turn in an arrogant B*tard as well. I think he has great talents and is a much better driver then Button, who buy the way is a real nice guy. I just don't think Button is of the same level as Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel and Schumacher. Personally I think Vettel has the edge, and he is a nice guy as well

And comparing Hamilton with Schumacher... not really... at least not yet. Schumacher won 7 world titles and holds more or less all F1 records, he is allowed to be a bit of arrogant
So that's why Alonso is somewhat arrogant....since he beat the 7-time-WDC twice in a row 2005-2006. Until McLaren drama fixed him up well...

Remember what Alonso said last week, "Fernando, Lewis is catching up 2 secs a lap, you will need to keep up the pace...."
"I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHERE HE IS!"

I just found that's quite funny...

03-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #73
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Well you are going to eat your words.
His records speaks for him. He doesn't need any ones stamp of approval. It is funny that people say he is Spolied and arrogant. Can you tell me what he has done ?
LOL! PLeeease. I'm not going to eat anything. Hamilton will NOT be WDC this year..period. How is he arrogant? Just look at how he is in interviews, bad mouths his crew, conducts himself off track...etc, etc. It's ok, he will eventually mature...he is quite young for so much success and fame. Although I doubt it will happen, it would be a nice wake up call for him if the team focused its development efforts this season around Button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
"Fernando, Lewis is catching up 2 secs a lap, you will need to keep up the pace...."
"I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHERE HE IS!"
That was hilarious! I died laughing.... That race was entertaining on so many levels. Can't wait til this weekend
      03-31-2010, 11:03 AM   #74
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I actually do find Hamilton to be a bit douchey and that has only developed very recently. They had an interview with him on one of the telecasts (maybe before Bahrain?) where he was acknowledging the contrast in driving styles that people were discussing between him and Button and he said something like "people say Button is very smooth and I am very rough on tires but they don't know that I can be smooth too and I can change my driving style whenever I want. I can be smooth too." It just sounded so childish.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #75
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Was it just me or Vettel's interview are more mature?

Even tho everytime he said "we need to find out what happened and not to let it happen again"...he didn't bash the team or the engineers for having a bad spark plug or a bad wheel nut.....its just bad luck....

IMO....even tho a decision from the team might not be the best...but still better than no-decision at all....
      03-31-2010, 11:13 AM   #76
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I actually do find Hamilton to be a bit douchey and that has only developed very recently. They had an interview with him on one of the telecasts (maybe before Bahrain?) where he was acknowledging the contrast in driving styles that people were discussing between him and Button and he said something like "people say Button is very smooth and I am very rough on tires but they don't know that I can be smooth too and I can change my driving style whenever I want. I can be smooth too." It just sounded so childish.
Yep....he was throwing all kinds of passive-aggressive slights at Button during that piece. It was pretty ghey. It was obvious that he is butt-hurt over Button. Just drive the car, man...be gracious and let your driving speak for you.

Quote:
Was it just me or Vettel's interview are more mature?

Even tho everytime he said "we need to find out what happened and not to let it happen again"...he didn't bash the team or the engineers for having a bad spark plug or a bad wheel nut.....its just bad luck....

IMO....even tho a decision from the team might not be the best...but still better than no-decision at all....
Well Vettel is a class-act. There really is no comparing the two. Will Vettel's attitude change once he wins a few WDCs? Who knows. Even when he was asked what he meant by, "We will show them" after getting pole, he was gracious, saying it was just emotion and that there were a lot of good teams that can challenge.
      03-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #77
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Hamilton bad mouthing his crew??? Well he called on his race engineer. Whats wrong with it. There was no data to suggest that his tires were gone when he was called in to take new tires. - He was the fastest driver on the track at that time. Even Mclaren says that they made an error in calling him to the pit at that time. There is no harm in voicing your opinion. He drove an excellent race.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #78
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Hamilton bad mouthing his crew???
exactly
Quote:
He drove an excellent race.
No one here disputing that.
      03-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #79
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

Vettel is so much more mature.
You have to realize that the crap that happens to Vettel, if they happen to Hamilton, he would have RAGE QUIT a LONG LONG time ago. Vettel keeps his cool year after year of possible championships but only to be caught in unreliable cars and bad luck.

Trust me when I say this, Hamilton is over hyped by the British, Vettel is the star.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #80
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82635

So...McLaren's call to get Hamilton for a fresh set of tires are correct...
      04-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #81
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82635

So...McLaren's call to get Hamilton for a fresh set of tires are correct...
Hmmm...maybe they should mandate 2 stops then in order prevent a catastrophic failure. Sounds like Button barely avoided disaster.