E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How Much To Give As Wedding Gift (Under My Circumstances) ?

01-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP
Gift should cover the cost of your plate. KoJ brought up a good idea to bring a blank check. Fill out a card and bring a blank check. Fill it out in private after you have assessed the situation.

It's your best friends sister. I would be generous to anyone in my best friends family, because I look at him as if he were my family. However, to each their own.

In other news, I am working on a list of things you will eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The list will also include what clothes you will wear and how to wear them, the next car you intend on buying and all applicable options. I have also determined when, where and who you will be marrying and most importantly where you will be living and how much you should spend on your first home.

Just trying to save us all some time...
Lolol
      01-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #24
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh130 View Post
are you serious?! that way out of line.
Customary is 70 dollars per person. Though most people tend to be cheaper than that....at least at my wedding.
$70? Unless it's church wedding with catering food, you are not even covering your food. That's crazy.
$70 is something you pay if you can't make it to the wedding.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #25
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Last wedding I went to I bought something off of the registry for about $150 bucks, then chipped in another $100-ish with a group of friends for a really fancy lawnmower for the guy's new house/lawn. He's one of my best friends from high school, so to me over $200 wasn't a big deal.

$70 is cheap as hell...
      01-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #26
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Gift should cover the cost of your plate. KoJ brought up a good idea to bring a blank check. Fill out a card and bring a blank check. Fill it out in private after you have assessed the situation.

It's your best friends sister. I would be generous to anyone in my best friends family, because I look at him as if he were my family. However, to each their own.

In other news, I am working on a list of things you will eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The list will also include what clothes you will wear and how to wear them, the next car you intend on buying and all applicable options. I have also determined when, where and who you will be marrying and most importantly where you will be living and how much you should spend on your first home.

Just trying to save us all some time...

Can you shortcut right to the point where OP discovers he's gay? It would save a lot of time right there answering threads about girls and specifically ones he meets in the gym....

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #27
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

Can you shortcut right to the point where OP discovers he's gay? It would save a lot of time right there answering threads about girls and specifically ones he meets in the gym....

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA almost barfed up my breakfast
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #28
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
my best friend's sister is getting married and i was invited to the wedding. how much would you give as a gift given my situation?

me and my friend have grown up together from middle school and really are best of friends. his sister getting married ive only met once during highschool for a farewell dinner before she left to cali for her career. the only reason i got invited to the wedding is cause she knows im best friends with his bro. i never spoke to her since that farewell dinner.

so how much would you guys give?
I would give a fuck.

Wait. Actually no, no i wouldn't.
      01-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #29
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
and we'll take that in spreadsheet format
Actually could we get it in an MySql database that we we can derive the OP's next life event from the previous one and answers those ahead of time. Sort of a connect the dots life plan for the OP, that would save a lot of time for everyone including him!

Or go with Jokerr's point?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #30
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

$100 or gift registry. Since it's your best friend's sister maybe another bill depending on how close you are. Is the wedding local or do you need to travel? And you say you've only met her once? Doesn't sound like you're close to her at all considering you've known your best friend for close to a decade. Just ask yourself how much you want to pay out of respect for your friend. Or just pick something around your budget in the gift registry.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #31
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
70$ is bloody cheap
especially when it is someone who OP considers his best friend
if my best friend got married, he'd get 500$ minimum
It's not his best friend getting married champ. It's his best friends sister who he's met once.

$100 or equivalent in registry.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #32
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
It's not his best friend getting married champ. It's his best friends sister who he's met once.

$100 or equivalent in registry.
out of respect for his best friend, he should give more is what I'm saying
      01-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #33
nood1es
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70

$200 would be lowest..even if you don't know her. Its more of the respect for the best friend.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #34
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

obviously some of you saying $50-70 havent been to an armenian wedding
Appreciate 0