E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Need help with diarrhea control...

08-30-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Need help with diarrhea control...

Okay this is not meant to be nasty or anything so please don't give me crap about it...pun intended...anyways, i've tried every western medicine, Imodium, Pepto Bismol etc...nothing works..

I'm in Vietnam right now, been here for a few weeks, but it started 2 days ago when i ate a kilo (2.2lbs) of jackfruit...then we had some local beef jerky, my gf ate the same thing but she's fine...now i've had runny diarrhea and it's just killing me...i can't hold anything in my system for more than 10 minutes, and i have no urge to eat but i think i need to eat to get better...does anyone have any home remedy or methods they could help me with...i've taken over 15 shits in 2 days, all liquid, there is no attempt to solidify the content...it's like pissing through my asshole...

I crawled out of bed and wandered into an internet cafe to post this...please, help...or i might not be back in the States

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #2
lablueboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

drink lots of Tigers beer...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #3
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

BRAT is an acronym, standing for bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. BRATTY stands for bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea, and yogurt. Most doctors recommend adhering to a diet that contains only these foods, as they help to bulk up the intestines and have a slightly constipating effect.

Many pediatricians now suggest the BRATTY version of the diet to end diarrhea in children, because of the active cultures present in yogurt. These cultures can help restore the natural balance of “good bacteria” after antibiotic use, or when the stomach is depleted by a viral case of diarrhea. Tea for children should be herbal, although decaffeinated green tea is also an excellent choice. In adults, green tea is relatively low in caffeine and has numerous health benefits.

Rice used should be brown rice, rather than white rice. Brown rice has greater dietary fiber content and will help add bulk so that diarrhea lessens. Toast should also be whole wheat when possible, to add fiber. However, nothing like butter or jam should be added as these may worsen diarrhea.

Applesauce contains pectin, which helps to naturally firm very soft or liquid bowel movements. Apple juice, conversely, contains little pectin, and may cause more frequent diarrhea. Rather than toast and jam, one might appeal to the picky eater by offering toast with applesauce dip on the side.

The disadvantage to the BRAT diet is that it contains very little protein. The BRATTY diet, on the other hand, is a sustainable diet when yogurt is added. One should avoid yogurts high in sugar, as excess sucrose can increase diarrhea. One should also check to be certain the yogurt contains active live cultures, as these helpful bacteria can help eliminate stomach problems and make yogurt a digestible milk product for most who are lactose intolerant.

Usually, several days on the BRATTY diet can help restore one to a more normal cycle of bowel movements. Chronic diarrhea in adults may also be helped by daily intake of dietary fiber. Though fiber is often blamed for loose bowel moments, it has an undeserved reputation.

Regular intake of the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of fiber can actually help to bulk up bowel movements and reduce diarrhea. Those who have irritable bowel syndrome are particularly encouraged to eat at last the RDA of dietary fiber daily. If unable to consume that much fiber, fiber supplements are readily available to help supplement a healthy diet.

godspeed, spool
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 06:03 AM   #4
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Yogurt and wheat bread worked for me
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Try eating ginger and/or apple cider vinegar diluted in water.

Stay hydrated.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
you may have an intestinal infection...

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
chrispyy
Rep
Drives: an infiniti

i just got back from vietnam last week and i had diarhea all the time there as well. this was after eating some ban bao on the streets lol. what i did was look for any foods with alot of fiber, i found these crackers but i forgot the name and i ate alot of vegetables. i also drank ALOT of water to keep hydrated
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
frahuang
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e90 Blk/Blk 6MT

eat a couple of banana

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
what are you doing there?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #10
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
what are you doing there?
Probably having sex with minors. Its spool, wtf do you think he's doing.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
drift90
1st gear newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: Its rather sexy

cork skrew (Y)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
JME
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Go to the local phamacy. I had a similar thing happen in Thailand and I suffered for a day and a half before I went to the pharmacy three doors down from the hotel and an hour later I was fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #13
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

This is what you get for not finishing your stories

+1 on the wheat bread, yogurt, and bananas
      08-31-2009, 05:40 AM   #14
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

i tried some bananas and it only made it worse..i managed to get some ginger and boiled it with some tea and drank it...and had my sister cooked me some congee, so far i think the diarrhea is starting to solidify...so i think it's gonna stop by tomorrow, thank you everyone for your inputs....finally, some help instead of flaming...

as for those that wonders what i was doing over here, sex with minors is right...cya

but in the meantime this is my tourist GF...she's a host at a coffee shop and i just hit on her and then we started hanging out, she took a whole week off and we went to a lot of places...she has a scooter and she takes me around in that tiny little thing...i ride bitch too hehe, too scared here, too many other scooters and bikes i coulda run into

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 06:00 AM   #15
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispyy View Post
i just got back from vietnam last week and i had diarhea all the time there as well. this was after eating some ban bao on the streets lol. what i did was look for any foods with alot of fiber, i found these crackers but i forgot the name and i ate alot of vegetables. i also drank ALOT of water to keep hydrated

foods here are not the most sanitary items, so if you got a weak stomach you're fucked...where did you stay? i went up as far North as Hue, next year i'll go to Hanoi and Halong....

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 07:54 AM   #16
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

glas to see you are getting better. Does your tourist GF speaks english. Or do you speak vietnamese if she does not speak english?
      08-31-2009, 08:09 AM   #17
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
glas to see you are getting better. Does your tourist GF speaks english. Or do you speak vietnamese if she does not speak english?

she speaks very little English, but i'm fluent in Vietnamese so that is not a problem...english teachers here make a lot of money, i'm interested in taking up a position here...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 10:22 AM   #18
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

yeah, i had diarrhea like crazy when i went back to VN (~5x a day). but before i went, my doctor gave me some pill to take to help hold it for a few hours in case i couldn't find a restroom in time. the food sure isn't sanitary but it's damn good and cheap! talk about seafood galore.

LOL your tourist GF thinks you're her ticket to america.
      08-31-2009, 10:38 AM   #19
chrispyy
Rep
Drives: an infiniti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
foods here are not the most sanitary items, so if you got a weak stomach you're fucked...where did you stay? i went up as far North as Hue, next year i'll go to Hanoi and Halong....
i went everywhere man.. saigon, da nang, hanoi, ha long, hoi an, hue, ho chi minh city all of that in 3 weeks! my family and i took alot of planes but it was a good experience. glad that your getting better though. btw that girl in your pic is pretty cute, its nice of her to take you around. you should definately hit up the clubs if you havent, there are some real cuties there.. i went to the one in da nang and it wasnt bad
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 11:34 AM   #20
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
she speaks very little English, but i'm fluent in Vietnamese so that is not a problem...english teachers here make a lot of money, i'm interested in taking up a position here...
your GF tourist, she have a younger sister, lol? What hotel and area you staying at I plan to go back to vietnam some day.

Btw, i believe morning here in the states is like night time in Vietnam.
      08-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #21
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooken View Post
yeah, i had diarrhea like crazy when i went back to VN (~5x a day). but before i went, my doctor gave me some pill to take to help hold it for a few hours in case i couldn't find a restroom in time. the food sure isn't sanitary but it's damn good and cheap! talk about seafood galore.

LOL your tourist GF thinks you're her ticket to america.

stooken, you're viet? i always thought you were a white dude LOL...i eat like 6 times a day, the portions are tiny so i eat a lot...serves me right, i've got explosive diarrhea...i think it finally subsided, i shit a solid turd today for the first time in awhile..and it feels good

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispyy View Post
i went everywhere man.. saigon, da nang, hanoi, ha long, hoi an, hue, ho chi minh city all of that in 3 weeks! my family and i took alot of planes but it was a good experience. glad that your getting better though. btw that girl in your pic is pretty cute, its nice of her to take you around. you should definately hit up the clubs if you havent, there are some real cuties there.. i went to the one in da nang and it wasnt bad
yeah i went to a few clubs, but my style of fun is like drinking and eating BBQ/Grilled shit on the street...places where they give you a grill, and u order meat and then u just eat..and then tease girls as they walk by...it's fun when everyone's drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
your GF tourist, she have a younger sister, lol? What hotel and area you staying at I plan to go back to vietnam some day.

Btw, i believe morning here in the states is like night time in Vietnam.
my sister has 2 houses, one in Saigon, i stay here when i visit...just can't bring any girls home, and then she has a beach house in Da Nang, that one is game cuz its only me...can't believe a house right on the beach, only cost 60K...i should buy one and invest

she does have a younger sister, but she's 14...that's the one im gunning for ...j/k, my GF is 19...i have to leave soon, she's very sad, and so im I...funniest thing happened in Ba Na (cable car resort mountain place) she picked up a huge grasshopper for me to take a pic, and it flew in this lady's hair and she freaked out...she swung at me with her purse and was screaming....so we ran LOL

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0