E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Why do mercedes drivers do this??

08-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #45
BMW!
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92

ya its the AMG package. just like the M-sport package
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #46
B4TM4N
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition, 2006 Z4M

I hear they do that dependent on dealer. Like someone mentioned, you get a sport package and it seems to come out of the dealer with a tag. To me it's not AMG unless the motor is AMG. Doesn't matter if you have bigger brakes or a body kit.

If it's a regular S-Class with no body kit, rims, or quad exhausts, it's definately no AMG. How old did the driver look? The ones who tend to rebadge are generally younger, who would take the time to go off and do it. The older crowd generally use what they get from the dealer. Well...I mean this is only what I see. I obviously can't speak for all.

Someone I know got a car from the dealer with an AMG badge on it. Clearly was not an AMG. S500 I think... w220 S-class.

And like someone else mentioned, this rebadging happens on all makes of cars. Like some Pontiac I saw with a TRD sticker...

2020 M2 Competition
2006 Z4M Roadster
2011 Ducati 848 EVO
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #47
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Correct, I believe that is is dealers that do this. I've gone as far as visiting the Affalterbach facility and have asked and they clearly said the quad exahust and AMG right rear badge (exluding some non-quad exhausts that have AMG on them and certanly some other items such as wheels etc... that are branded) are for "real" AMG cars only. Sort of like the M badge, it may appear on some cars that have the M package but never the quad exhaust or the rear right M badge.