E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > DTM Round 4: Norisring (06/29/14)

06-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

DTM Round 4: Norisring (06/29/14)

On the last day of the last weekend, in June - the 29th - DTM converges on Nuremburg and the Norisring for round 4.

US Broadcast: CBS Sports - Look on Sunday the 29th around 9pm EST. This will be followed by Paul Ricard Blancpain GT Endurance Series. Set your DVR!!

This is a highlight of the DTM season, the "German Monaco". This is Norisring.

Three BMW DTM drivers are travelling straight from the “Green Hell” to Nürnberg: Wittmann, Maxime Martin (BE) and Martin Tomczyk (DE) were all in action at the Nürburgring 24 Hours (DE) last weekend. While both Wittmann and Martin failed to finish with BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, Tomczyk and his team-mates came home sixth in the number 20 BMW Z4 GT3 for BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert.

Track length/distance 2,300 km / 83 Laps*

Lap record Bruno Spengler (Mercedes-Benz) 48,446 Sek. (2008)

Former winners 2001 Uwe Alzen (Mercedes-Benz) 2002 Laurent Aiello (Abt-Audi) 2003 Christijan Albers (Mercedes-Benz) 2004 Gary Paffett (Mercedes-Benz) 2005 Gary Paffett (Mercedes-Benz) 2006 Bruno Spengler (Mercedes-Benz) 2007 Bruno Spengler (Mercedes-Benz) 2008 Jamie Green (Mercedes-Benz) 2009 Jamie Green (Mercedes-Benz) 2010 Jamie Green (Mercedes-Benz) 2011 Bruno Spengler (Mercedes-Benz) 2012 Jamie Green (Mercedes-Benz) 2013 -

Norisring welcomes the DTM and fans:
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
Dear Friends of the Norisring

The DTM - highlight of the year will take place from 27th - 29th June 2014 at the Norisring instead !

The top pilots of the World Touring Car Elite guesting in Nuremberg - All chase the champion of 2013 is again determined very exciting and varied, like many previous races on the spectacular and historic town racetrack. .

We have reserved again premium tickets for you - that's why you have back up soon the best seats in the upper rows .

There is exciting news in the grandstand seats for 2014: In addition to the existing covered seats on the pit lane grandstand the top 10 ranks of the Schoeller -Tribune and the upper four rows of alpha -Tribune offered covered, these are about 1000 covered Exclusive seating " Platinum" more! To give you a better view , we have increased the grandstands and planned steeper. Also we have , in order to guarantee more space per seat , extended the seat width.

As always, will also provide an attractive framework and show program for excitement and entertainment . It has returned to the FIA F3 European Championship, the Porsche Carrera Cup Germany and the Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup . It is also in the planning stage , after the great success in 2013 , again a classic car event - You'll be surprised .

And if you bring a little more time , attracts the Nuremberg metropolitan region with many attractions , culinary highlights and many possibilities of entertainment or relaxation .

Always the latest info around the Norisring , please visit our Facebook page Norisring in Nuremberg and on our website. There you can fill in brief the ticket order form the same online - we have a contingent of the best categories reserved in each grandstand for you.

Respond quickly and order now your Norisring ticket - when a purchase order and receipt of payment until 31.01.2014 you receive a bumper sticker " Norisring " FREE .

We will , as always , on every order to try to accommodate your request .

With motor sport regards from Norisring

Norisring DTM driver Wittmann explains the trickiest points
From June 27 to 29 makes the racing circuit in Nuremberg maintenance - 11.06.2014 15:59 clock

NUREMBERG - Two victories in the three previous races of Fürth BMW driver Marco Wittman has been celebrated. 19 points ahead of the runner-up he has in the overall standings. In Nuremberg he would like to extend his lead even further, but the Norisring is tricky. The 24-year-old explains why.

From June 27 to 29 race again the cars of the DTM, Formula 3 series and other partners on the Norisring in Nuremberg. The "German Monaco" is called the path of the pilot, as in any race, the audience is closer than in Nuremberg. And that's not the only reason: Just as the famous street circuit druch Monte Carlo and the Norisring is very narrow and - compared to the other tracks of the season - pretty bumpy.

According reluctant to Fürth BMW driver Marco Wittman are in conversation with the Motorsport Club Nürnberg (MCN). "My wish it would be natural to start again from the pole position, but one fights but in qualifying we are mostly all time close to each other, "said the 24-year-old with a view of the race weekend in Nuremberg. During the ascent of the route he explains where the pilots need to be especially careful.

Slowest corner on the calendar

Around 270 km / h the cars on the start-finish straight. If there is on the short and narrow Norisring is a place for slipstream duels, then here. After the brief full-throttle ride the full braking comes: The close Grundig hairpin is not only the slowest corner on the DTM calendar, but there are also spectators who always plenty to see: "At this point there is the closest overtaking maneuvers. Here it goes down to 50 km / h "says Wittman and not driving it too seriously continued:" It really is downtown Tempo ".

The curves two and three, also known as Schoeller-S apply, because of the tremendous tightness and the road surface change as the most difficult curves combination at the Norisring. Just beyond lies the "Wall of Shame": In countless tracks left by the cars on the track barrier, one can clearly see how close things are here. . "This section does not forgive mistakes many mirrors are gone here already broken," says Marco Wittmann and adds: "When I go racing line here, fits between my car and the wall just a newspaper."

"Take care that the cars do not jump"
Did the pilots the "Wall of Shame" without prejudice happens, they give up the back straight back full throttle. Not just a ride, because this passage is marked by many bumps - after the track is during most of the year just a normal road. Therefore, it is particularly difficult to find the perfect braking point for the fourth curve of the track, the pond dozen hairpin. "Here it is restless, and you must be careful that the cars do not jump," said Wittmann.

Then it goes back to the start and finish line - and sometimes into the box. About three seconds long, including a stop tire change - no easy task, because the space is clearly confined than on the other tracks. "This is about absolute team play," said the BMW driver, "I have to stop precisely with my car, so my crew can quickly swap the tires and I'm away quickly."

Here's a letter from the admin @ Norisring:
Soon it is time again - from 27 to 29 June at the Norisring in Nuremberg dozen pond is again besieged by motorsport fans. However, this year one is different: Germany is in the noise of the football World Cup. Thus, sports fans do not have to choose between race and ball sports, a public viewing of the World Cup second round organized by the Motorsport Club Nürnberg (MCN) on June 28, 2014 by 18 clock directly to the event site live from Brazil.

How well can combine two sports, is clearly at the Norisring in Nuremberg this year. To ensure that all sports fans can follow and celebrate their favorite sports, organized a public viewing of the MCN specifically for visitors to the DTM. "We are pleased that no one has to decide between racing and football at the Norisring. The public viewing range is a great extension of our framework program and saves our visitors the stress of having to even go to a different location for football Look after the event, "explains Wolfgang Schlosser, the first chairman of MCN. With approximately 2,000 seats offered anyone interested can find their personal pole position, because on the 4 x 2.80 m wide and sun-protected screen the DTM show Stage is a perfect view guaranteed. Germany is not playing that day, but the second-placed team in Group B, the winning nation of group A and einheizen the World Cup fans properly. The refreshment stands are open longer for this special occasion and make Franconian beer garden atmosphere with "football food" fed the hungry spectators. Other highlights in the main program of the weekend include an appearance of brass music combo LaBrassBanda and the Norisring Race Classics, in which there is to admire historic race cars up close.

QUOTES

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director): “The new BMW M4 DTM’s debut has been very successful for us so far. Two pole positions, two wins and 118 points from three races are a more than positive yield. Furthermore, in Marco Wittmann we also have the leader in the Drivers’ Championship among our ranks. So, we have enjoyed a good start to the season with the new BMW M4 DTM. However, we will not make the mistake of resting on our laurels. You have to work hard for every single success in the DTM, and a weekend of hard work awaits us in Nürnberg this weekend. The Norisring is the perfect venue to return from the four-week break with one of the real highlights of the season. The unique atmosphere that the fans generate in the paddock and the stands is enough to give you goose-bumps. I am particularly looking forward to the many BMW employees who will be at the circuit and give us fantastic support this weekend. We will do our best to give them and all the other BMW fans further cause for celebration in Nürnberg.”

Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM): “We used the four-week break to analyse this year’s previous races and to work on improvements. At the same time, we also used the time to recharge our batteries after the intense start to the season. That has worked very well, and the entire team is now looking forward to the highlight of the season at the Norisring.”

Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer): “After the intense start to the season, with three races within a matter of weeks, the short breather before our home race at the Norisring in Bavaria has done us all good. Especially having gone into the break on the back of a success like Bruno Spengler’s third place in Budapest. We are looking forward to the outing at the Norisring. The street circuit in Nürnberg has a long tradition and is definitely a special event for us.”

Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK): “Our performance in the first third of the season was good. My team did a superb job. We have been particularly strong in qualifying so far. All that is missing is a top result in a race. We want to achieve that as quickly as possible. I would be delighted for the team if we were to pull it off at the next race at the Norisring.”

Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG): “We have had a very good start to the season and are obviously looking forward to Marco Wittmann’s home race at the Norisring. We are working very hard to ensure Maxime Martin and Marco remain successful. The Norisring is a unique and difficult circuit, which represents a completely new challenge for everyone after three of ten races. Because of this, we are very intrigued to discover the balance of power on this circuit. As always, it will be important that the team does not make any mistakes on the weekend. For me personally, this race is something of an anniversary: I was involved in my first Formula 3 race at the Norisring in 1994.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 3, BMW Team RBM): “On paper a lap of the Norisring looks really simple. The challenge is finding the right strategy and the perfect set-up for the race. You can soon end up with a car that is quick on the straights, but poor braking into corners. For this reason, the set-up must be 100 per cent right.”

Joey Hand (car number 4, BMW Team RBM): “Where we would normally drive off into a gravel trap at other circuits, you are straight into a wall at the Norisring. I think this really changes how people race. It is fantastic to race on a track in the middle of the city, because we are bringing the racing right to the fans. The race at the Norisring will be a great show.”

Bruno Spengler (car number 9, BMW Team Schnitzer): “The Norisring is very technical and very challenging, as you have to brake late. Because the cars pass very close to the walls, you cannot afford to make any mistakes. I have always been very successful at the Norisring. The atmosphere there is always amazing, so I am really looking forward to driving there in the DTM again.”

Martin Tomczyk (car number 10, BMW Team Schnitzer): “After the scorching race last year, which included two safety periods and was utter chaos at times, I am intrigued to see what surprises the Norisring has in store for us this time. Driving there is always a big challenge. I hope I can produce another good performance in front of the many BMW employees and fans.”

Timo Glock (car number 17, BMW Team MTEK): “The race at the Norisring is always a highlight, both for us drivers and for the DTM fans. The action there is incredible. There are a lot of battles on the track, and it is not uncommon for cars to end up in the wall or crash barrier. Although the circuit only consists of four corners, it represents a real challenge. The cars are set-up with very little downforce and dance across the bumps. It will be an exciting weekend, and one I am really looking forward to.

António Félix da Costa (car number 18, BMW Team MTEK): “I was at the Norisring in 2010 with Formula 3 and am looking forward to returning to this circuit. A lap of the Norisring is very short – and the car needs a completely different set-up to other circuits. I head to Nürnberg with a lot of confidence and really hope we can mix it with the front-runners again there.”

Marco Wittmann (car number 23, BMW Team RMG): “There is huge anticipation ahead of my home race at the Norisring. This event is the highlight of the year. It is fantastic to compete at my home race as the leader in the Drivers’ Championship. The circuit is only a few kilometres from my home. My family and friends will be there to support me and cheer me on. A good result at the Norisring would be a dream come true.”

Maxime Martin (car number 24, BMW Team RMG): “Every DTM driver wants to race at the Norisring and to put in a good performance there. The circuit itself does not look all that difficult, with just two hairpins and a chicane. However, it is a real challenge. I have yet to complete a single lap there so far, so I don’t know exactly what awaits me. For this reason, I am preparing meticulously and really looking forward to pulling out of the pit lane for the first time.”

Season Standings so far:
1. M. Wittmann 50
2. M. Rockenfeller 31
3. E. Mortara 27
4. M. Molina 26
5. A. Tambay 26
6. C. Vietoris 25
7. B. Spengler 23
8. M. Ekström 20
9. A. Farfus 14
10. P. Di Resta 12

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-23-2014 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The 4-Ringers, the Audi squad are hungry to take a victory this weekend from the BMW teams. Here's what they have to say:

Jamie Green: "Despite four wins my Premiere with Audi at the Norisring last year has not exactly been successful, but I've checked and now I only look forward, my car and I are fully prepared to make it in this.. to make the year better. "

Miguel Molina: "It is an important race for us I was there in the past, although not particularly successful, but now I have with my team-mate Mattias Ekström is the perfect teacher - he is consistently extremely fast I will abide by his advice.. and try nachzulegen after the success in Budapest. "

Edoardo Mortara: "I remember it well to this past year, as we have witnessed a very exciting race at the Norisring, Mattias Ekström was unfortunately taken the deserved victory again We will do everything we can to the Audi fans after so many years.. also at the Norisring is a reason to cheer for them again. "

Nico Müller: "The Norisring is a new track for me, so it is not easy but I am excited all rave about the unique mood I will try to continue the trend of Budapest and there missed points in Nuremberg... to pick up. "

Mike Rockenfeller: "Even if it is our home race and the highlight of the season, I have always most fight at the Norisring The fifth place in 2013 was one of the better results it is important that once again win an Audi driver there - and would, of course.. myself the best We're working hard to start with an optimal tuning into the weekend. "

Timo Scheider: "I have good and bad memories of me at the Norisring This year it would be a balm for my soul, and especially important is true in the first three races with views of the championship, if I could drive there forward My Pace.. definitely positive. "

Adrien Tambay:.. "It's always exciting to go on a street circuit, because for us pilots is a track with no run-off areas a great challenge course we are as Audi drivers have a duty to give 110 percent front of their fans I want continue to collect points - and as many as possible ".
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
thetastelingers
Master Baiter
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 SOLD  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
The TV schedule is so confusing. Thanks for the post!

HA! just checked my recordings. It is set to record.
YAY!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetastelingers View Post
The TV schedule is so confusing. Thanks for the post!

HA! just checked my recordings. It is set to record.
YAY!
Sweet!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The Ring looks simple, but the bumps and turns can be tricky as seen above. The wall has claimed many a competitor....

Timo Glock talks about the dance on the bumps:
"On paper, a round at the Norisring looks quite simple. The difficulty is to find the right strategy and the perfect set-up for the race. It can easily happen that you have a car that is fast on the straights, but has a poor braking on corner entry. Therefore, the vote must be 100 percent fit. "
Timo Glock again:
"The race at the Norisring is always a highlight, drivers as well as for the DTM fans The action there both for us is exceptionally There are many duels on the track, and many a vehicle ends up in the wall or in the.. guardrail. Though the course consists of only four curves, it is a real challenge. Cars drive with very little downforce and dancing on the bumps. It will be an exciting weekend, which I am very pleased. "

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-24-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

This is cool!

(from Autoevolution.com)

"A special appearance from Alessandro Zanardi and his BMW Z4 GT3 will also cheer up the fans present at the Norisring track this weekend. The BMW employees in Nürnberg and all the members of the BMW Motorsport teams will form a human chain from the ITR stage to Alessandro Zanardi, passing along 4 tires that will then be changed by the pit crew, allowing the Italian driver to set out on the track."

If you are lucky enough to be going to this race, stay around from the rooftop afterparty!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Who can tell me what this says?

-- Each driver only has a certain number of slicks at their disposal and these are Hancook Ventus.

-- One time a group of fans hid behind a beer truck to get in to the track for free.

-- The minimum weight of a DTM car including driver, suit and helmet amounts to 1110 kg
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Translated article:

M4 DTM celebrates its street circuit debut

For Marco Wittmann, with 50 points, the current front-runner in the drivers' championship, the race weekend in Nuremberg is the highlight of the season. He lives just 20 kilometers away from the track in Fürth. Just as the local hero lies in the front of the other drivers, his BMW Team RMG also has the number one hold. The team to team boss Stefan Reinhold leads the standings with 58 points.

The 2.3 kilometer Norisring is regarded as the Monaco of the DTM. Just as driving the Formula 1 drivers drive in the Principality through narrow canyons, the DTM drivers come extremely close to the walls and on the tight street circuit in Nuremberg. 83 time they complete the stop-and-go circuit around the pond before they see the checkered flag.

Last year proved to be the Norisring, which is made suitable for racing each year by volunteers and also includes public roads, for BMW Motorsport as relatively difficult terrain. After a turbulently heated race with two Safety Car periods, Bruno Spengler finished as the best-placed BMW driver in sixth place. A total of four BMW drivers managed to make it into the top ten. In the course of the 2013 weekend 126,000 viewers came to the track to watch what was happening at the Norisring during which BMW has been able to celebrate five victories in the DTM.

The DTM premiere of the race at this track, in 1984, saw a victory with Winfried Vogt in a BMW 323i.

Stefan Reinhold, Team Principal at RMG, knows what it will arrive at the Norisring: "We are focused, in order to remain with Maxime Martin and Marco on course for success The Norisring is a special and difficult course, the one by three out of ten races. means completely new situation for all. We are therefore very excited to see how there the balance of power will represent. important as always to deliver the team a flawless weekend. "

There is still a catching up to do for teams of Schnitzer, RBM and Mtek. They lie in the team standings only between 6th and 10th place, and thus behind three Audi teams as well as the best team of stragglers Mercedes.

The driver: No question, the big favorite for the race win in Nuremberg is Marco Wittmann. Every time the youngster took the checkered flag this season, he was also at the very top of the podium. But the Norisring is known for turbulent race, and one mistake can already mean a premature end. For Wittman, this will not be a passing triumph.

Bruno Spengler was the last race at the Hungaroring after a modest start of the season with just eight points from two runs recognize an uptrend and finished third on the podium.

The other BMW drivers Augusto Farfus, Joey Hand, Martin Tomczyk, Timo Glock, Antonio Felix da Costa and Maxime Martin may be normally well calculate only limited opportunities for the front ranks, but, in a street race course there could at any time be an unforeseen incident.

The car: Two wins from three races for the new BMW M4 DTM - better, a season for a new vehicle actually hardly begin. This will be the inaugural race from the BMW M4 DTM

BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt said this:.. "The debut of the new BMW M4 DTM has been very successful for us two pole positions, two wins and 118 points from three races are a more than positive yield The start of the season is so successful with us the new BMW M4 DTM. However, we will not make the mistake of resting on our laurels. represented in the DTM has to be earned every single hit hard. exactly what awaits us next weekend in Nuremberg . "
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Interesting facts:
The only Fuel allowed is ARAL Ultimate 102.

Carbon fiber brakes are used. Brake pads and brake calipers are supplied by AP, the manufacturer of all car equipment for motorsports. Also, three sets of front and rear brake discs should be used per vehicle each season.

All DTM vehicles use the same engine control unit from Bosch, and data transmission while the vehicle is running on the track is prohibited

Only one gearbox-differential unit made by Hewland is permitted

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-25-2014 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #10
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
The 4-Ringers, the Audi squad are hungry to take a victory this weekend from the BMW teams. Here's what they have to say:

Jamie Green: "Despite four wins my Premiere with Audi at the Norisring last year has not exactly been successful, but I've checked and now I only look forward, my car and I are fully prepared to make it in this.. to make the year better. "

Miguel Molina: "It is an important race for us I was there in the past, although not particularly successful, but now I have with my team-mate Mattias Ekström is the perfect teacher - he is consistently extremely fast I will abide by his advice.. and try nachzulegen after the success in Budapest. "

Edoardo Mortara: "I remember it well to this past year, as we have witnessed a very exciting race at the Norisring, Mattias Ekström was unfortunately taken the deserved victory again We will do everything we can to the Audi fans after so many years.. also at the Norisring is a reason to cheer for them again. "

Nico Müller: "The Norisring is a new track for me, so it is not easy but I am excited all rave about the unique mood I will try to continue the trend of Budapest and there missed points in Nuremberg... to pick up. "

Mike Rockenfeller: "Even if it is our home race and the highlight of the season, I have always most fight at the Norisring The fifth place in 2013 was one of the better results it is important that once again win an Audi driver there - and would, of course.. myself the best We're working hard to start with an optimal tuning into the weekend. "

Timo Scheider: "I have good and bad memories of me at the Norisring This year it would be a balm for my soul, and especially important is true in the first three races with views of the championship, if I could drive there forward My Pace.. definitely positive. "

Adrien Tambay:.. "It's always exciting to go on a street circuit, because for us pilots is a track with no run-off areas a great challenge course we are as Audi drivers have a duty to give 110 percent front of their fans I want continue to collect points - and as many as possible ".

Here's the Hood-Star (Mercedes-Benz) quotes:

Paul di Resta: "My last race at the Norisring goes back several years, but I know the track very well from my time in the Formula 3 Euro Series as well as my first four years in the DTM. So far, counted the street circuit in Nuremberg not one of my most successful tracks. The course provides with its few curves from fairly simple, but it is not. Are particularly requested on the short street circuit on the brakes. But even the physique, the driver is often found at the Norisring before a severe test, since it can be very hot in late June there. Due to all these factors, a racing forecast at the Norisring is always difficult to make, but I think with a bit of luck is a good placement possible."

Gary Paffett: "With the Norisring I associate good memories - there I've won in Formula 3 and DTM race. I am a friend of city courses and am therefore in any year after year on the race on dozen pond. The circuit in Nuremberg is a completely different challenge than the permanent race tracks that make up the bulk of the racing calendar. This special track characteristics and the fantastic atmosphere make the race one of the absolute highlights of the year."

Pascal Wehrlein: "The DTM race in Nuremberg is one of the highlights of the racing calendar and gives me so much fun. The route requires a completely different driving style than a circular course. The smallest wall contact can mean the premature end of the race. So far I came there along well: two years ago I on the challenging street circuit my first podium in Formula 3 Euro Series retracted and in the last season I was able to qualify for my first DTM race at the Norisring in fifth place."

Robert Wickens: "At the Norisring expect other challenges than the previous three race tracks this season. At Hockenheim, Oschersleben and Budapest in particular, many medium and fast curves dominated the route. In Nuremberg we drive on a street circuit, which are quite different demands on drivers and cars. I personally like the Norisring. At the weekend there in the paddock in front of not only a very cool atmosphere, I'm there so far always scored points. Last year, I was the best-placed driver."

Daniel Juncadella: "I'm really looking forward to the Norisring. The track is unique in every way. Each year, thousands of fans to the dozen pond, to cheer us on and to follow the race action from up close - and action there is in this city course that punished every little mistake a lot. I know the track well, since I'm already driven in the Formula 3 Euro Series there. At that time I was even two times on the podium. In my first DTM race in Nuremberg I failed last year in fourth place just short of a repeat of such a podium place."

Vitaly Petrov: "For me it is the first race on the street circuit in Nuremberg. My team-mates have told me a lot about the unique atmosphere at the dozen pond and the challenging course. To get there on a fast lap, one must as far as possible to approach the barriers - the slightest mistake can lead to a failure. This feeling I already know from the guardrail jungle of Monaco, where one must also perform precision work in Formula 1 to be fast. Such challenges like me. The more I am looking forward to my first race weekend in the 'German Monaco'."

Toto Wolff: "With the Norisring awaits us next weekend a time-honored tradition of course, which is due to its unique characteristics of the track with just a few turns once on the DTM calendar. Since the last race in Budapest, we had four weeks to analyze the first three races of the season exactly and to initiate further measures to improve our performance in the way. In the top racing goes something but not overnight, which is why we must continue to work hard to reduce the gap to our competitors and become again our own standards in the long term."
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Setup shots and a contest!

and now for the contest.
This is for the DTM Norisring Grid Girls:

The finalists have been announced: Who is the Grid Girl 2014?
Five finalists for election to the Norisring grid girl stand firm - 16/06/2014 16:51 clock

NUREMBERG - Hot asphalt, the smell of gasoline and burning tires: The user of nordbayern.de chose Laura, Lisa-Marie, Gergana, Michele and Cynthia finals.

The grid girls stand before the race on Sunday next to each a DTM driver and his car. At the starting grid, they are an important part of the German Touring Car Championship (DTM). The five winners of our votes are the big finals Saturday at the DTM show stage, in which the Norisring Grid Girl will be crowned in 2014.

The winner then presented on Sunday, the starting number of a racing driver. For women for whom it is not enough to win, definitely remains the opportunity to enjoy the race weekend with accompaniment

The Motorsport Club Nuremberg sought from ten candidates who stood for election to an online voting at nordbayern.de. Among the ten selected candidates our users could then choose their favorites for an online vote. At the end of the gallery you could vote.

The five candidates with the most user votes will each receive two tickets for the season highlight at the Norisring. They occur on Saturday at the final choice of the grid girls 2014, on the DTM show stage against each other.

The voting ended on June 15, 2014 at 23.59 clock. The winners will be notified by the editorial staff and presented to the Norisring fans at www.facebook.com / Norisring.

Tune in this weekend and you'll see them trackside!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 07:59 AM   #14
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #15
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #17
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

"The hand" has arrived. There will be 2 free practices tomorrow morning.
Joey Hand aka "Chuck Norisring"

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-27-2014 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #18
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

It's practice and prep day for DTM

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #19
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

We can't talk about weapons, but this Glock is an exception

Shots from today

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #20
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

This is gonna be a great race! I can't wait!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #21
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
This is gonna be a great race! I can't wait!!
Me too! Unfortunately the best qualifier for BMW was Wittmann who will start 8th
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #22
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0