E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lexus LFAs delivered to customers

02-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #155
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
this

although i'm in pre-law and i see people who act like that all the time, i still wanna falcon punch every person i hear act like they're already lawyers/doctors when they haven't even taken the MCAT/LSAT
+1. This is why none of my close friends in college were pre-med - I couldn't stand their arrogance. Funny thing is, maybe 5% of them actually get accepted to an American medical school.

It sounds like someone needs to spend less time on M3post and more time on SDN. And just an FYI, you're going to be at least 35 before you land a job in a specialty that can pay for toys like the LFA. Assuming you get into a specialty that competitive (plastics, derm, rad-onc, optho, cards, GI, etc.). Assuming you get accepted to a medical school with a great reputation. Assuming you get into medical school. Assuming your medical school interviews go well. Assuming you score 32+ on your MCAT. Assuming you have at least a 3.7 GPA.

Please, don't start throwing around the "I'm going to be a doctor someday, so I'm better than you" nonsense. It makes the rest of us in the medical profession look bad.

Last edited by Echo M3; 02-18-2011 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #156
fasteddie222
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e30 and x1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
+1. This is why none of my close friends in college were pre-med - I couldn't stand their arrogance. Funny thing is, maybe 5% of them actually get accepted to an American medical school.

It sounds like someone needs to spend less time on M3post and more time on SDN. And just an FYI, you're going to be at least 35 before you land a job in a specialty that can pay for toys like the LFA. Assuming you get into a specialty that competitive (plastics, derm, rad-onc, optho, cards, GI, etc.). Assuming you get accepted to a medical school with a great reputation. Assuming you get into medical school. Assuming your medical school interviews go well. Assuming you score 32+ on your MCAT. Assuming you have at least a 3.7 GPA.

Please, don't start throwing around the "I'm going to be a doctor someday, so I'm better than you" nonsense. It makes the rest of us in the medical profession look bad.
well im proud to say that i have managed to have a 3.63 gpa and scored a 28 on my mcat which is alright im not bragging and i did all of this even after my brother died from a tragic car accident a few years back and suffered from a huge depression
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #157
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by epimps22 View Post
well im proud to say that i have managed to have a 3.63 gpa and scored a 28 on my mcat which is alright im not bragging and i did all of this even after my brother died from a tragic car accident a few years back and suffered from a huge depression
I'm really sorry to hear this. None of us can begin to understand what you have gone through. My condolences to you and your family. It is certainly admirable that you're determined to go to medical school.

But do understand that when you make posts like your previous few (eg. "I'm going to buy nicer things than you someday because I'll be a doctor"), you really portray yourself and others in a negative light. And people will criticize you for this, since those sorts of comments are immature, patronizing, and premature.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #158
fasteddie222
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
I'm really sorry to hear this. None of us can begin to understand what you have gone through. My condolences to you and your family. It is certainly admirable that you're determined to go to medical school.

But do understand that when you make posts like your previous few (eg. "I'm going to buy nicer things than you someday because I'll be a doctor"), you really portray yourself and others in a negative light. And people will criticize you for this, since those sorts of comments are immature, patronizing, and premature.
yeah i do understand that but the thing is that i never started anything all i said was that i didnt like the car that i like the carrera gt better(look at my first post of this thread)... then like always someone needs to respond with a comment talking shit which just pissed me off.... i never brag about anything actually this is the first time i mention im studying medicine and i dont consider myself any better than anyone else just because im studying medicine... i never even like to bring up my brother passing away bc i dont want people to feel bad for me and treat me differently
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #159
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M5

lol @ kids thinking an MD will make them rich.

Good fucking luck with that shit.
      02-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #160
fasteddie222
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik View Post

tell me what you do T.J. Tyler your probably a 21 year old kid that dosent do shit in his life and thinks music is going to get him somewhere
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #161
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
look "DAN" stop talking shit you dont know me
Quite the contrary, you were the one talking sh*t, not me. I was just calling you out on it. Quit your yapping, admit you were being childish as it seems everyone else called you out on it as well and call it a day.

And should I be impressed that you know my first name? I wonder what else the google machine is capable of...
Attached Images

Last edited by 3002 tii; 02-18-2011 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #162
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
oh wait, not even - just click on my iTrader feedback lol...

http://www.zpost.com/forums/itrader_...=19781&u=37711
      02-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #163
fasteddie222
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yeah i do understand that but the thing is that i never started anything all i said was that i didnt like the car that i like the carrera gt better(look at my first post of this thread)... then like always someone needs to respond with a comment talking shit which just pissed me off.... i never brag about anything actually this is the first time i mention im studying medicine and i dont consider myself any better than anyone else just because im studying medicine... i never even like to bring up my brother passing away bc i dont want people to feel bad for me and treat me differently
did you not read what i wrote i said i was wrong
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #164
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

Quote:
Dude, how many times do I have to tell you?
You're not studying medicine. Getting basic science mixed with clinical science not only makes you look idiotic, but arrogant.
28 MCAT and 3.68GPA and toys that will shit on other people's 335i don't quite go togother. And the fact that you actually announced your dismal stats on the public forum..lol

Good luck getting into anything other than your state/low tier schools.
      02-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #165
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik View Post

Your partly correct. Sadly, average physician's income is dwindling, but that doesn't apply to every specialty. Some specialties operate more or less like businesses, making easy 7 figure numbers.

What's more sad is becoming an MD because of money. I would rather be a dentist.
      02-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #166
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Three new LFAs landed in US:

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #167
fasteddie222
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
Dude, how many times do I have to tell you?
You're not studying medicine. Getting basic science mixed with clinical science not only makes you look idiotic, but arrogant.
28 MCAT and 3.68GPA and toys that will shit on other people's 335i don't quite go togother. And the fact that you actually announced your dismal stats on the public forum..lol

Good luck getting into anything other than your state/low tier schools.
You tell me how am I not studying medicine if I go to the medical school at FIU
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #168
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

ITT: Teh ghey
      02-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #169
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

wtf why would somebody order those wheels in a super polished finish?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #170
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
tell me what you do T.J. Tyler your probably a 21 year old kid that dosent do shit in his life and thinks music is going to get him somewhere
Quote:
You tell me how am I not studying medicine if I go to the medical school at FIU
You're 21, 31, pre-med, pre-med "track"... it doesn't matter and nobody cares because unlike you we have nothing to prove. End of day you're still obnoxious so quit trolling and leave.

Back on topic...
      02-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #171
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
That blue looks amazing.

Is that a different color than USB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
wtf why would somebody order those wheels in a super polished finish?
Agreed. Not sure about that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Back on topic...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #172
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

That blue is definitely one of the best colors on LFA. The metallic red and black are the other two.

Yeah it is different from ultrasonic blue, from what I read, it is called Pearl Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
That blue looks amazing.

Is that a different color than USB?

Agreed. Not sure about that either.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #173
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Is "Passionate Pink" a real factory Lexus color?

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #174
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Is "Passionate Pink" a real factory Lexus color?
Unfortunately it is and the rumor had been flying for many months that Paris Hilton's LFA will be passionate pink. As has been confirmed by her, her LFA was delivered in Pearl White.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #175
Alessandro
Major
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Garage List
2011 335is  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Unfortunately it is and the rumor had been flying for many months that Paris Hilton's LFA will be passionate pink. As has been confirmed by her, her LFA was delivered in Pearl White.
if i am not mistaken it was yellow not white!
Attached Images

08 E92 335i FBO 6MT 427 whp space grey
05 E46 M3 red
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #176
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
if i am not mistaken it was yellow not white!
I posted regarding that earlier. That was prank. She hates yellow so her boyfriend played a prank on her by first showing her the yellow prototype that has been seen all over. Her's is a pearl white.

She is also going to Infinion race track in March for the Lexus LFA driver training with Scott Pruett and Justin Bell etc.

Quote:
"My boyfriend is such a prankster. As a practical joke when he surprised me with the car. He first had them pull up a yellow lexus. I was in shock! The car is unbelievably amazing! But yellow! So not my style! Ha. Then he had the real present pulled up, the lexus in a beautiful pearl white."

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 02-18-2011 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0