E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Siberian Huskies

11-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #23
XS4
slave to the dark side
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

I have a german shepherd she is a house pet and my best friend. a few of my neighbors have huskies and I am active on a dog forum where people discuss their breeds and their temperaments are discussed.
1) Sibes shed constantly. So do shepherds, if you don't want to vacuum once or twice a week to clean up the fur balls that collect in all the corners don't get one. Brushing daily helps.
2) Sibes have little respect for cats or other small animals. They will chase them, and kill them. You stand a better chance with your cat if you raise them together. The neighbor's cat? Forget it.
3) They are escape artists and fence climbers and have little use for imaginary boundaries like your yard. See ya.
4) Sorry, but they need to be walked every day. Once in the morning and Once in the evening is best (if not more). Once a day is the minimum. Less than that and you are abusing the dog. Crating them while you are away is fine, but 8 hours alone is the max. Sibes are working dogs. Working dogs need to exercise. Walking the dog may be a chore for us, but for a dog it is the high point of his day. The biggest problem with most bad behaved dogs is too much affection and too little exercise.
6) When your dog gets sick and old, will you be there to take him to the vet and feed him his pills and pay the thousands of dollars for his xrays and bloodwork and anesthesia bills and clean up his messes?
7)Hope you have a wagon or an SUV. It will let you go places with your dog and do fun things together. My 2nd car is a Passat wagon for that reason.
BMW wagons are too small, alas.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #24
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Rescue....
http://www.siberianrescue.com/
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #25
matt.love84
xXx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90.

Beautiful dogs, just beautiful.

I currently have a little guy who's just over a year old now. Beautiful red/white with green eyes.

Here's him at 9 months.

Great dog, but needs constant attention and off-leash training is very hard. They're also escape artists. There's a great breeder here in San Diego who you should get in contact with, I'll dig up his site in a bit.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #26
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

that's beautiful dog! I just have this thing with huskies. I saw one when I was a little kid and just felt in love with them. This woman I knew had one and it was such a beautiful dog. Yeah please give me that site (or the guy's contact info).
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #27
matt.love84
xXx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90.

ok got it. The gentleman's name is Steve. He's amazing and the huskies aren't expensive at all (but who could ever put a price on a companion?)

He just asks for a $200 deposit, and the remaining $450 on pick up. I'm sure you can arrange a method to get the pup from your location as well.

The dogs come with a GPS tracking chip implanted, full shots/records and registration.

http://www.shamrocktrails.com/siberians/
Appreciate 0