E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Cruise update

10-05-2006, 11:45 AM   #23
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

here are two i found there for princess:
http://online.mycruisevalue.com/trav...neraryID=66885
http://online.mycruisevalue.com/trav...neraryID=66860

Princess Cays, Bahamas
St. Maarten
St. Thomas

or

Princess Cays, Bahamas
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Cozumel, Mexico

Suggestions?

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #24
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Really just depends on what you're looking for from a cruise, remember they're all going the same places so it all comes down to what your expectations are.

I'm more than happy with RCL, but I'm not looking for bigtime chi-chi. I'm a Seattlite after all, we don't dress up for anything unless we have to. But I'm also at that age were the situatuion and my mood have to align perfectly for me to go out partying all night. And then I pay for it dearly the next day. So Carnivals out. If you're looking for chi-chi though, RCL is probably going to be a bit of a disappointment. Because it's afforable, it doesn't attract a chi-chi crowd either.

It's hard to describe unless you've done it. I'm not saying RCL ships aren't nice, they are. Hmmm ... how do I put it? Oh, okay, say Carnival is a 2 star resort ... it's clean, it's nice, but it's the place where the young couples go to party and families with teenagers go because it's loud and active. Kind of like Atlantis, ever been there?

RCL would be a 3 star resort. Nicer, but still not ultra-luxury 5 star. If you went to a 3 star resort expecting 5 star you're going to be disappointed right? But if you're looking for 3 star because you want nice on a budget then it's perfect.

That make sense?

Oh and two other little first-timer tips:
During 'at sea' days you've got a couple thousand people swarming the activities like the rock wall/mini golf and the pools. Expect to just sit and relax those days or you'll be frustrated. Weight room, is cleared out after 8-9am so workouts are easy though.
There's always a deck at the back of the ship, usually attached to the spa. It's not reserved for spa guests, but you usually have to go through the spa lobby to get there. So during at sea days, it can be a nice place to get away from the crowds. Or even a good place to get out of the wind if it's really windy that day.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #25
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Man, Princess prices have sure come down since the last time I checked!
Appreciate 0