E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > EAS sold me wheels that dont fit

01-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
nguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

EAS sold me wheels that dont fit

So i recently purchased a set of 19 inch VMR VB3's from Jurrian at EAS for my 2006 330i dropped on FK Coilovers

i decided that i wanted to run an aggressive setup and so i asked Jurrian if the 19x9.5's would fit in the front and 19x10 in the rears. He said that it would fit my car and that he has seen other cars run this setup as well.

He ended up recommending the 19x9.5 with a 45 offset and 19x10 with a 38

i get the wheels and i test fit them to see which tire i would run and the front wheels DO NOT FIT. The wheels hit my coilovers before they can reach the hub.

I took the wheels to Motorwerks hoping to run a wheel spacer to get it to fit and even they said it would not fit and would not recommend this setup to anyone. Motorwerks said i wont even be able to turn my wheel if i put a spacer on.

So i go back and email Jurrian about the problem and he says that it is because of my coilovers that the wheels dont fit. Luckily my brother drives a 2009 335 so i decided to test fit them on his car with stock suspension and they still DONT FIT.

I call and leave a message saying i needed to address this issue with Jurrain

A day passes and no call so i decided to call back

I call up Jurrian and he says there's no way to issue a refund since i mounted the wheel. I think this is complete bullshit

Jurrian said i should do my research before purchasing a wheel. Well EAS is a vender they should do the damn research to see which wheels fit and which wheels dont with any shock/spring setup. Im pay their bills not the other way around.

I would not recommend EAS to anyone, just horrible business.

Now im stuck with a set of wheels that dont fit.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Oy, good to know. I was considering buying a set of wheels from them but will reconsider that decision after reading this.

Of course I am interested in hearing both sides of the story.
Mods: (All OEM) | BMW Performance CF Splitters | BMW Blackline Taillights | BMW Rear Deck Spoiler | BMW Performance Auto Shift Knob and Alcantara Boot | BMW Black Dakota Leather Split Folding Armrest | BMW Euro Fog Light Switch | BMW Style 193M Wheels | BMW Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grills | BMW Front Clear Bra | BMW Performance Steering Wheel (non-elec)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
david @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I can understand your frustration in terms of trying to make an aggressive set up on your car work out. Obviously having several different combinations of wheel set ups off the website can be a bit confusing, but running a super aggressive set up can be difficult in terms of making it fit properly. Unfortunately though, there are some discrepancies that I would like to clear up before we start pointing fingers.

As I have mentioned in my private messages before your purchase, these wheels will require a stretched tire up front that will help with the clearance on the outside fender. I clearly did not state that these wheels will bolt up straight to the car with no issues. If this was such, I'm sure a lot of members on this forum would have done it. Regardless, I also mentioned in my private message that you will need a spacer to clear the inside components of the suspension. We had discussed that the ET33 would more than likely be too aggressive for the outside fender to handle, so we agreed upon the ET45 offset up front and that you can run a specific spacer size to clear the suspension.

VMR also has a policy if a wheel is mounted onto a car, or if a tire is mounted on the wheel itself, it becomes non-returnable which it clearly states when you look at the package the wheels arrived in, unfortunately since this is a policy that is out of my hands I will not be able to help as I have mentioned to you before over the phone earlier today. I have tried to reach out and settle this issue another way, and the offer still stands if you need me to help.

Going out of the realm of exploring uncharted territory other than choosing the verified fitments which I have listed in the links below can be a difficult task. We have verified fitments on the website which have been tested to be true. These variables can include tire brands and which ones work well, tire sizes in which ones will not cause rubbing issues, suspension used, suspension height which can determine any rubbing issues as well, if you're using spacers or not, and also, on top of that, your driving behavior.

Here are the wheel and tire packages that we have tested to be true without any rubbing issues which includes which brands of tire we recommend, along with the tire sizes:

19" CSL Style Silver Wheel/Tire Package - e9x 3-series (Staggered)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1377

19" CSL Style Silver Wheel/Tire Package - e9x 3-series (Ultra-Staggered)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=2248

Calling us and verifying fitments is always the best way to get what you need for your car, but ultimately the set of wheels you specifically wanted, is what you have received along with the warnings I have given previous to your order.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Ouch... What size tires did you mount?
You chose offsets that arent aggressive enough.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
nguyen
Private First Class
Rep

please clarify, you never said i HAVE TO run wheels spacers to make the wheel fit but you did say running a stretched tire was necessary
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
dtm@heart
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 Msport

Sorry this happened but from my perspective, this seems to be user error. Any 9.5 front on an e90 is an extremely agressive fitment that simply wont work out of the box. Fender rolling, coils, and camber apply. If it is a shock to you that 19x9.5 et45 doesn't clear the strut, you clearly haven't done your homework. If in any case, you shouldnt have mounted tires without test fitting at least... As they say, you are in uncharted territories, thus you must pay to play.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
I can understand your frustration in terms of trying to make an aggressive set up on your car work out. Obviously having several different combinations of wheel set ups off the website can be a bit confusing, but running a super aggressive set up can be difficult in terms of making it fit properly. Unfortunately though, there are some discrepancies that I would like to clear up before we start pointing fingers.

As I have mentioned in my private messages before your purchase, these wheels will require a stretched tire up front that will help with the clearance on the outside fender. I clearly did not state that these wheels will bolt up straight to the car with no issues. If this was such, I'm sure a lot of members on this forum would have done it. Regardless, I also mentioned in my private message that you will need a spacer to clear the inside components of the suspension. We had discussed that the ET33 would more than likely be too aggressive for the outside fender to handle, so we agreed upon the ET45 offset up front and that you can run a specific spacer size to clear the suspension.

VMR also has a policy if a wheel is mounted onto a car, or if a tire is mounted on the wheel itself, it becomes non-returnable which it clearly states when you look at the package the wheels arrived in, unfortunately since this is a policy that is out of my hands I will not be able to help as I have mentioned to you before over the phone earlier today. I have tried to reach out and settle this issue another way, and the offer still stands if you need me to help.

Going out of the realm of exploring uncharted territory other than choosing the verified fitments which I have listed in the links below can be a difficult task. We have verified fitments on the website which have been tested to be true. These variables can include tire brands and which ones work well, tire sizes in which ones will not cause rubbing issues, suspension used, suspension height which can determine any rubbing issues as well, if you're using spacers or not, and also, on top of that, your driving behavior.

Here are the wheel and tire packages that we have tested to be true without any rubbing issues which includes which brands of tire we recommend, along with the tire sizes:

19" CSL Style Silver Wheel/Tire Package - e9x 3-series (Staggered)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1377

19" CSL Style Silver Wheel/Tire Package - e9x 3-series (Ultra-Staggered)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=2248

Calling us and verifying fitments is always the best way to get what you need for your car, but ultimately the set of wheels you specifically wanted, is what you have received along with the warnings I have given previous to your order.
Jurian,
I hate to do this to you bud, but I say B.S.
All the guy did was push the wheels onto the studs of the car, they were not "mounted" per say (this is a cop out)! And if you were any sort of reputable person, you would do more than say, "whoops sorry you should have done more research!" No, sorry, I disagree with you here! What harm is there in getting this guy the proper wheels for his car? I am sure he is willing to ship you back the wheels you already sold him!
I am so sick and tired of vendors on here just completely turning their back on their customers! You guys made it damn near impossible for me to return some Angel Eye bulbs that blew out, so I said piss on it and never returned them. But you better damn well believe I will never buy from you again.
good luck op
      01-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
nguyen
Private First Class
Rep

im paying the vendor to do the homework for me, thats why these guys are here for or else i would have just went to discount tire or some other place.

i feel like he dealt with the whole situation like a drug dealer, sell the druggie what he wants and move on.

had i known it would have hit the coilovers i would have never gotten them, this was an issue i did not know i would run into, i knew i would have to run a stretched tire
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #9
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I do not see anywhere where op has stated he has mounted tires on the wheels. He says he has test fitted the wheel on the car to determin what tire he wants to run. Am I missing something.
      01-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #10
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

wow this sounds like BS I hope EAS does the right thing and makes sure you get the right wheels. Although if you have the PM's you should post them up to see what exactly he said
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #11
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyen View Post
im paying the vendor to do the homework for me, thats why these guys are here for or else i would have just went to discount tire or some other place.

i feel like he dealt with the whole situation like a drug dealer, sell the druggie what he wants and move on.

had i known it would have hit the coilovers i would have never gotten them, this was an issue i did not know i would run into, i knew i would have to run a stretched tire
We have done the homework for you - Jurrian posted 2 links that were recommended for your 3-series, complete with rim widths, offsets and tire brands/sizes.

However, Jurrian did consult with myself and others to double-check if the wheels would fit - and I advised him that this is not a fitment we have tried before. This is also why we have the following note on each of the pages:

Note: While we do our best to recommend a specific wheel & tire package, there are some factors play into effect on modified setups like lowered suspensions, Big Brake Kits (BBK) or other factors. Some vehicles even have rolled fenders or have a particular setup they would like to use on their BMW. If you see a brand or specific tire size you would like and that is not listed, please contact us by phone or email to speak with our customer support team and we will recommend the optimum setup for your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero
I do not see anywhere where op has stated he has mounted tires on the wheels. He says he has test fitted the wheel on the car to determin what tire he wants to run. Am I missing something.
If the tires were not mounted on the wheels or installed on the vehicle, we have no problems in taking them back. However, I was told otherwise by Jurrian since I was not involved in the telephone conversation and only heard one side.

I'd rather not post PMs since they are considered private, but if our integrity is being questioned while attempting using the forums for leverage - I see no other choice.

Personally, I see no reason to put 9.5" wheels on the front of a vehicle or we would have listed them as a stocking fitment. This is why we go through the trouble of listing each and every size on our website and stick with only reputatible brands we know fit properly. If someone want to step outside what is recommended - that is up to their sole discretion and they are clearly notified in advance.

OP: If the wheels were not mounted or had tires installed, please contact Jurrian and we'll make arrangements to have them returned.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #12
dtm@heart
Captain
Rep

If OP indeed did not mount tires, I retract my statement and sincerely appologize for the situation.

Still yet, you cant expect to be 'paying the vendor to do the homework.' The unfortunate matter is that there are practically infinite combinations of setups and settings for various vehicles. A vendor simply cannot guarantee fitment for setups that go far far beyond the oem spec. The wheel which you tried to fit up front is a whole inch wider than oem, yet has 11mm lower offset than oem. It's way beyond spec and it would be unreasonable to have someone guarantee it would fit or not tear up your fender without the right settings. I'm not a vendor, just a guy who does his homework.

I hope that if you didn't mount your tires that EAS can clear up the situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #13
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I am surprise this is happening, not to EAS, but that fact that you say it does not work. especially on an e90 (wider than e92) this set up should fit with ease, of course with a proper spacer. the 19x9.5 et 33 would have been perfect setup. from my experience on wheels, 19x9.5 can clear the e90 front easily with a 235 35 19 tire. now on to the offset, my what i know VMR wheels all have the same face, if you order an offset of 33 instead of the 45, the back pad would be thicker. it would be the same as adding a spacers.

here is what i did a while back. i took a 19x9.5 bbs lm and fitted them on the front of the e90. my friends front fenders are rolled but as you can see we added a 10mm spacer to make it 19x9.5 et 22. even at that, i still see some clearance towards the outside fender. my friend is lowered on h&r race with stock shocks.

i'm not here to take side, i'm just stating the fact that it should work with what you have. just add a spacer. I think a 15mm spacer would take care of your problems. also add a 10mm spacer on the rear wouldn't hurt.

hopefully you guys sort this out.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #14
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
I am surprise this is happening, not to EAS, but that fact that you say it does not work. especially on an e90 (wider than e92) this set up should fit with ease, of course with a proper spacer. the 19x9.5 et 33 would have been perfect setup. from my experience on wheels, 19x9.5 can clear the e90 front easily with a 235 35 19 tire. now on to the offset, my what i know VMR wheels all have the same face, if you order an offset of 33 instead of the 45, the back pad would be thicker. it would be the same as adding a spacers.

here is what i did a while back. i took a 19x9.5 bbs lm and fitted them on the front of the e90. my friends front fenders are rolled but as you can see we added a 10mm spacer to make it 19x9.5 et 22. even at that, i still see some clearance towards the outside fender. my friend is lowered on h&r race with stock shocks.

i'm not here to take side, i'm just stating the fact that it should work with what you have. just add a spacer. I think a 15mm spacer would take care of your problems. also add a 10mm spacer on the rear wouldn't hurt.

Long is da man!
      01-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #15
BOOSTED4DR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

I was told as well from members its best to use 15mm spacer to clear, for I as well mountin some e46 M3 19'' with 47mm offset on front
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #16
nguyen
Private First Class
Rep

i just got off the phone with Jurrian, he said he was unaware of the fact that tires were not mounted on so i am able to return them

we are currently working on getting my refund and shipping the wheels back

hopefully all goes well
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #17
ohaywood
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 JB/Saddle E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I was gonna say something similar.. I'm not sure why this won't work. Also, I would say that the OP should have done some research. You pay companies like IND or whatever to take your car and do all the mods correctly. If you're buying a wheel from EAS, if you tell them you want a certain wheel and offset, they'll give it to you. It's your problem if you ordered it without knowing whether it will fit or not.
      01-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #18
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
and to think i ALMOST bought CSL's from eas..

glad i didnt!

EAS- take the wheels back. do it. do it. do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #19
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post
and to think i ALMOST bought CSL's from eas..

glad i didnt!

EAS- take the wheels back. do it. do it. do it.
Please see post 16.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #20
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

9.5 width for the front...Yeah right buddy.

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #21
richeerich03
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
I was thinking, how is a +45 an aggressive offset. I got a +25. But then I noticed it was a 9.5 in the front.. lol

glad everything worked out for the Op..
      01-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #22
dtm@heart
Captain
Rep

Long, so you're confirming that 9.5 et22 square is possible even with non-coilovers? Any camber adjustment?

Quote:

Appreciate 0