E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Can someone explain to me how Acura is outselling Audi in America?

03-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #23
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarReviewBMW View Post
World Sales have nothing to do with American Sales.
Let's see Audi make moves in a market that actually have legit competition.
Yes they do.

US sales make up 20% global sales.

On to the next fanboy hatred thread by you...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #24
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That would be great except we are in the United States.
This is a global website.

Ever noticed that there are members from other countries.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #25
CarReviewBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW 5

Let's just talk about Audi the way they should be talked about.

Why should we put them on a high ground they obviously do not deserve?

Audi is fighting against Acura for supremecy of the 160,000 Unit per year pie.

Maybe by 2024, Audi can finally crack 200,000 Units.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #26
CarReviewBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
This is a global website.

Ever noticed that there are members from other countries.
Except the thread CLEARLY asked 'why can't Audi outsell Acura IN AMERICA'.

The thread is not talking about the World.

I ask a legit question, you come in spurting about WORLD SALES. What does that have to do with Audi in America?

Great. Audi #1 in the World.

Audi #6 in America. THAT'S THE THREAD TOPIC.

Stick to it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #27
CarReviewBMW
Rep

For those of you who want to talk about Audi being #1 in the world?

Make a thread that says 'WHY CAN'T ACURA OUTSELL AUDI in the World'?

This thread is about Audi's struggles in the American Luxury market.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #28
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Ok sure...Fact is Audi is currently leading sales in 2014.

I could care less about Audi, I drive a BMW. But I am keeping it real.

You are the fanboy, you are the hater.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #29
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That is just it. No one wants to talk about it.

No one here gives a sh*t about Acura or your hater thread towards Audi.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #30
CarReviewBMW
Rep

Quote:
That is just it. No one wants to talk about it.

No one here gives a sh*t about Acura or your hater thread towards Audi.
How is this a hater thread?

I brought up a very interesting topic.

IN AMERICA, Audi can't outsell Acura despite their volume sedans being around the same price range.

You have to give an answer to my question. Or just say 'I don't know why Audi struggles to break 160,000 Units in America.

You know what you remind me of?

European Soccer fans.

They say 'IN THE WORLD SOCCER IS MOST WATCHED'.
SOCCER IS #1.

What the Hell does that have to do with the American Sports Scene?
IN AMERICA, Soccer is below NBA,NFL,MLB.

So say someone make a thread asking

'Why is soccer getting less views than the NBA IN AMERICA'
and some nut job comes in and start yelling

'HATER HATER SOCCER #1 WATCHED IN WORLD WE #1 IN WORLD'

That's you.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #31
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Currently. As in outselling BMW and Benz in 2014.
Ah I see. Seems like these lists are pretty fluid.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #32
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Audi being in the lead this early doesn't say much. Could it be a telling sign? Maybe, maybe not. Keep in mind that their lead is what, around 600-700 units? That's nothing because BMW/Mercedes can easily make that up with their volume sellers in one month:

March US Sales:

Audi A4: 2,497
BMW 3-Series: 7,741
Mercedes C-Class: 5,621

Keep in mind there are other factors as to why BMW is off to a slow start, they're at the beginning of a product cycle for some of their cars where as Audi is still mid-cycle. If I remember correctly, the E90 sales took off in the second and third years before levelling off for the LCI and towards the end of the product cycle. That's not to say the F30 is going perform the same but we haven't seen the potential yet.

I stick to my argument that it's a perspective thing. I'm not saying I agree but people just don't see Audi up there with BMW and Mercedes as much as the media hypes them up because if the general public believed they were, they wouldn't be struggling to keep up with the IS and ATS.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #33
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

To me the difference is very simple. i don't think many people cross shop Audi and Acura. Each brand attracts a different kind of people. I have plenty of friends that drive MDXs and 1) I can't see them driving an Audi, 2) they are definitely not car enthusiasts and 3) they definitely didn't look at Q5/Q7 before getting an MDX. At the same time, a few people that I know that drive Audis are into cars and would never consider even thinking about getting an Acura. Very different cars. How many people have seriously cross-shopped the two?

I think it comes down to reliability and comfort with an Acura vs. a statement / style / driving exerience with Audi, just like it is with other German cars.

Another key point is as someone here has already mentioned the cost of the Audi leases. They just suck. Not sure how Audi financial is thinking about leasing but there is no competition. I was in the market for a new car a few months ago and really wanted to get an A7 or an S6. Leases on them were way more expensive than on comparable BMW or MB. It almost feels like Audi thinks it offers better features and class than other German manufacturers which is definitely not the case.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #34
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Audi being in the lead this early doesn't say much. Could it be a telling sign? Maybe, maybe not. Keep in mind that their lead is what, around 600-700 units? That's nothing because BMW/Mercedes can easily make that up with their volume sellers in one month:

March US Sales:

Audi A4: 2,497
BMW 3-Series: 7,741
Mercedes C-Class: 5,621

Keep in mind there are other factors as to why BMW is off to a slow start, they're at the beginning of a product cycle for some of their cars where as Audi is still mid-cycle. If I remember correctly, the E90 sales took off in the second and third years before levelling off for the LCI and towards the end of the product cycle. That's not to say the F30 is going perform the same but we haven't seen the potential yet.

I stick to my argument that it's a perspective thing. I'm not saying I agree but people just don't see Audi up there with BMW and Mercedes as much as the media hypes them up because if the general public believed they were, they wouldn't be struggling to keep up with the IS and ATS.
Surprising the C-Class is selling well right now with the new, redesigned model becoming available April 7th.

On the other hand I've seen that you can steal a C300 4MATIC right now.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #35
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Surprising the C-Class is selling well right now with the new, redesigned model becoming available April 7th.

On the other hand I've seen that you can steal a C300 4MATIC right now.
Now this is just my thinking and it probably doesn't hold any truth but to me, BMW drivers are always conscious of what they're getting. If they know a new model is coming out within the next year, they will hold off until then because they want the goodies that come with the next model. Mercedes drivers they don't really care about product cycles. They know regardless of what model they get, they're always going to get a plush and comfortable ride. Just quickly looking at C-Class sales for the US, the sales are pretty much flat/consistent throughout the product cycles.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #36
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Now this is just my thinking and it probably doesn't hold any truth but to me, BMW drivers are always conscious of what they're getting. If they know a new model is coming out within the next year, they will hold off until then because they want the goodies that come with the next model. Mercedes drivers they don't really care about product cycles. They know regardless of what model they get, they're always going to get a plush and comfortable ride. Just quickly looking at C-Class sales for the US, the sales are pretty much flat/consistent throughout the product cycles.
Makes perfect sense to me.

I have a few relatives with C300s. Before getting into Mercedes-Benz they both drove Honda products (one a Pilot and the other an Accord V6). In the past, they didn't understand my interest in cars ("a car is a car"). After they switched to MB, they both always tell me whenever they see me how much they love their cars and that they "get it" now.

And I've shown them all the new interior/exterior images of the W205 C-Class via and they've already made their determinations that the W205 is what they'll be getting next. I said they should at least drive it!

I tried to get them to consider the BMW 3-Series and they both drove F30 328is but they just preferred the interior on the W204 C-Class.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #37
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

For one thing Audi does not sell their entire product line in the US. That will change in the future. The release of the A3 sedan and soon Q3 should have a big increase in their US sales numbers. They also just recently started bringing over more RS models. I guess they have decided to focus more on the US market. We will see how it pans out in the next few years. Always wish they had brought over the S4 Sportback, probably would have picked up one of those.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #38
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Let's just talk about Audi the way they should be talked about.

Audi is fighting against Acura for supremecy of the 160,000 Unit per year pie.

Maybe by 2024, Audi can finally crack 200,000 Units.
I don't quite understand your logic here. Are you saying that because Acura outsells Audi, Acura is a better car?

Lexus has always been the #1 selling luxury brand in the US. Does that mean Lexus is better than BMW & Mercedes because they sell more cars than them?

Quote:
Except the thread CLEARLY asked 'why can't Audi outsell Acura IN AMERICA'.

The thread is not talking about the World.

I ask a legit question, you come in spurting about WORLD SALES. What does that have to do with Audi in America?

Great. Audi #1 in the World.

Audi #6 in America. THAT'S THE THREAD TOPIC.

Stick to it.
Quote:

Make a thread that says 'WHY CAN'T ACURA OUTSELL AUDI in the World'?

This thread is about Audi's struggles in the American Luxury market.
Calm down. Is it necessary to yell and raise your blood pressure over Audi sales? Looks like someone is about to have a heart attack..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:02 PM   #39
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

In America Acura still has a strong reputation for reliability and quality which counts for a lot given its target consumer base (old people). Audi also has a reputation here, though for the exact opposite thing. Plus, as silly as it is, I really believe the unintended acceleration farce of a story still to this day is hurting Audi in the States.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:12 PM   #40
CarReviewBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I don't quite understand your logic here. Are you saying that because Acura outsells Audi, Acura is a better car?

Lexus has always been the #1 selling luxury brand in the US. Does that mean Lexus is better than BMW & Mercedes because they sell more cars than them?

Calm down. Is it necessary to yell and raise your blood pressure over Audi sales? Looks like someone is about to have a heart attack..

A serious case could be made in certain segments and during certain stretches over the last 25 years.
Overall I still believe BMW/MERCEDES are the superior Brand in the United States throughout the 25 Years of Lexus existence. But during the late 80's and early 90's, yes.. The Lexus Flagship literally changed the entire auto industry. So yes, they were better. Than when the RX350 was invented, it literally created and paved the road for Luxury SUVS.. so yes they were better during that stretch in that segment. During the mid 2000's when the Lexus LS Flagship was moving 25-37k Units AS A FLAGSHIP sedan.. yes they were better in that segment.

Even right now.
Lexus can go toe to toe against BMW/Mercedes in almost every segment.

The New Is 250/350 can easily go toe to toe against BMWMercedes C(and numerous reviews openly admit it).

BMW'S Own magazine said the GS350 is a legit challenger to the 5 Series.

The Lexus SUV'S are clearly superior.

And the Lexus Flagship have been a constant legit rival to the 7 Series.

Also to this day, neither BMW or Mercedes have had an answer to the 40,000 dollar Lexus ES Monster.

'Fans' of BMW/Mercedes can mock the ES, calling it a super expensive Camry/Avalon etc etc.. but BMW/Mercedes CEO in America will gladly get down on their knees for a luxury family sedan that can sell 70,000 Units per year at 40,000USD+.

The Lexus IS F can match the BMW M3 despite what BMW fan boys say and most of us know this.

The upcoming Lexus RCF Line up is a serious threat to the up coming BMW M3/M4 line up and the auto industry have said as much.

Overall....if you put down the German bias. Lexus is clearly on the same tier as BMW/Mercedes in the American Auto Industry.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #41
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
A serious case could be made in certain segments and during certain stretches over the last 25 years.
Overall I still believe BMW/MERCEDES are the superior Brand in the United States throughout the 25 Years of Lexus existence. But during the late 80's and early 90's, yes.. The Lexus Flagship literally changed the entire auto industry. So yes, they were better. Than when the RX350 was invented, it literally created and paved the road for Luxury SUVS.. so yes they were better during that stretch in that segment. During the mid 2000's when the Lexus LS Flagship was moving 25-37k Units AS A FLAGSHIP sedan.. yes they were better in that segment.

Even right now.
Lexus can go toe to toe against BMW/Mercedes in almost every segment.

The New Is 250/350 can easily go toe to toe against BMWMercedes C(and numerous reviews openly admit it).

BMW'S Own magazine said the GS350 is a legit challenger to the 5 Series.

The Lexus SUV'S are clearly superior.

And the Lexus Flagship have been a constant legit rival to the 7 Series.

Also to this day, neither BMW or Mercedes have had an answer to the 40,000 dollar Lexus ES Monster.

'Fans' of BMW/Mercedes can mock the ES, calling it a super expensive Camry/Avalon etc etc.. but BMW/Mercedes CEO in America will gladly get down on their knees for a luxury family sedan that can sell 70,000 Units per year at 40,000USD+.

The Lexus IS F can match the BMW M3 despite what BMW fan boys say and most of us know this.

The upcoming Lexus RCF Line up is a serious threat to the up coming BMW M3/M4 line up and the auto industry have said as much.

Overall....if you put down the German bias. Lexus is clearly on the same tier as BMW/Mercedes in the American Auto Industry.
You still haven't answered the main question of my post. What are you trying to prove by opening this thread? That because Acura outsells Audi, therefore it is better than Audi?

BTW, I like how you ignored Ybbiz's post on why Acura is outselling Audi in the US. But I will requote it for you.

Quote:
Because leasing is becoming more popular than ever in the US and Audi is notorious for terrible leasing programs.

For example, Audi asks M3/C63 lease prices for leases on S4s.

Case in point: A CA I know at the local Audi dealership used to work for BMW. When I was looking at the S4 (due to the lack of an RS4 in the States this go around), I told him I was getting better deals/offers on new E92 M3s and new C63s.

He flat told me to go for one of the other cars because the leases on S4s were outrageous.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:53 PM   #42
CarReviewBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
You still haven't answered the main question of my post. What are you trying to prove by opening this thread? That because Acura outsells Audi, therefore it is better than Audi?

BTW, I like how you ignored Ybbiz's post on why Acura is outselling Audi in the US. But I will requote it for you.
The only Acura that is even competitive with Audi right now is the MDX(Maybe the TLX later on this year, we shall see) Audi is by far the better Brand. Audi have a full line up of Tier 1 Cars. I KNOW ALL THIS.

AND THAT'S WHY I'm very curious as to why it's selling so low.

Lease incentives are a big part of the reason, you are right.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 01:11 AM   #43
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Why is everyone feeding the troll??
CarReviewBMW = GoingTooFast

For those that don't know, this will just turn into another thread where you'll want to blow your face off with a shotgun.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 01:14 AM   #44
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
@BlackJetE90 -- Nope
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0