E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Be back on sunday!

02-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #89
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

I'm sorry Bella, but Padres suck! Last season was one of their better ones for a long time, though, since they actually made it to the playoffs. I like going to Petco Park, though! Nice park!

tzf, I would suspect that you're an Angels fan. It's all about the Oakland A's, baby!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #90
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
I'm sorry Bella, but Padres suck! Last season was one of their better ones for a long time, though, since they actually made it to the playoffs. I like going to Petco Park, though! Nice park!

tzf, I would suspect that you're an Angels fan. It's all about the Oakland A's, baby!!!
Well the padres did win their division. But we dont got the bucks like the other teams have, thus, no big name players. But i heard they are gonna resize petco. Bring it in 15 ft.. its a pitchers park but that means padres cant hit out either.
      02-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #91
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Hmm I didn't know it was too big. They were hitting homers at the game I was at.

I'm a little concerned that the Chargers will leave SD if they get fed up about Aguirre's querulous behavior regarding the development of a new SB-quality stadium.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #92
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hmm I didn't know it was too big. They were hitting homers at the game I was at.

I'm a little concerned that the Chargers will leave SD if they get fed up about Aguirre's querulous behavior regarding the development of a new SB-quality stadium.
Well the chargers have been bitching about a new stadium for years. Supposedly the Q is just old and falling apart. I havent been for a while, but it looks decent enough. I guess they saw the pads get a baseball park and now they want a stadium. The city doesnt want to give it to them, so they're threatening to leave. Infact, they did a shitty move last season. You werent able to buy individual tickets anymore, had to buy group tickets, that way enough tickets would be sold so it can be shown on tv.
      02-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #93
Squawks
United_States
Rep

So you wouldn't care if the Chargers leave? That would kill the city of SD!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #94
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
So you wouldn't care if the Chargers leave? That would kill the city of SD!
yes i think i would care, cause i mean i love competition and the best is rooting for your home team. So if they left, i guess a big part of my passion for football would leave too.
      02-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #95
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Ya, somewhat, I mostly only follow basketball. I use to be a Dodger's fan back in the Orel Hershiser days, but then after that it was just downhill. I briefly got interested again during the Nomo craze, then went back to paying scalper's price for Laker tix. Although the year Angels won it all, the bank I worked for had a suite at the stadium and I got to go to so many games. I gotta tell you, those box are the only way to watch the game. Free all you can eat hot dogs, a dessert cart gets pushed over during 7th inning filled with godiva chocolate, caramel apple, chocolate dipped strawberries, chocolate cakes...
      02-09-2006, 05:55 AM   #96
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Wow, that exclusive suite you speak of sounds quite good.

BTW - UC Irvine accepted me for the MBGB (Biology) program yesterday. Right now it's sitting on top of my list as my best backup school - good location: near LA, near SD, near the beach, near the mountains, and closer to Las Vegas than SD! Woohoo!

Also a side note: JetBlue in NYC (JFK) kicks so much ass...free wireless hotspots! Can't also forget to mention the cool DirectTV-enabled LCD TVs behind each seat which you can change channels on your own! Oh, man, the jetlag is horrible!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #97
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I love jetblue! i took them to nyc in dec, and it was so nice. I was hoping to take them again last week, but the flight was at an awkward time. It would have been nice tho, cause then i could watch the superbowl. O well... Us Airways wsnt too bad.
      02-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #98
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Jetblue is the best airline ever. BTW, if you fly out of Long Beach, which is their main hub, they have hotspot there also. I flew Jetblue so much I got myself a free flight to anywhere they fly with no black out. If you plan on flying with them, join their true-blue program and apply for their jetblue amex card. 100 points and you get a free flight. I still have $150 credit stuck in there that I have to use. I'm planning to use my free flight to Atlantis for a vacation!
      02-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #99
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
Jetblue is the best airline ever. BTW, if you fly out of Long Beach, which is their main hub, they have hotspot there also. I flew Jetblue so much I got myself a free flight to anywhere they fly with no black out. If you plan on flying with them, join their true-blue program and apply for their jetblue amex card. 100 points and you get a free flight. I still have $150 credit stuck in there that I have to use. I'm planning to use my free flight to Atlantis for a vacation!
Hmm nice! Ill thnk about that. When i flew with them, we left from LB. But on this last trip, i went solo.. so no one wanted to drive up to LB. They now fly out of san diego, but only at 2 times. Plus its a bit more money. But if i move to the east coast, i want to fly with them when i come back to visit. In dec my trip was $225! So cheap! But this time with us airways, it was pretty cheap also
      02-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #100
Squawks
United_States
Rep

My trip to Buffalo NY (with connection at NY, JFK) costed me $250...I think that's cheap enough. The other good thing I forgot to mention about JetBlue compared to other airlines I've tried like Southwest and AA is that you get PLENTY of leg room in front of you!

You are right that they only flight out SD at 2 times...I had to fly red-eye and it's a major pain in the ass.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 11:54 PM   #101
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Not to mention the Tera Blue chips, animal crackers, or even biscotti
      02-10-2006, 12:40 AM   #102
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
Not to mention the Tera Blue chips, animal crackers, or even biscotti
Now thats CRAZY DELICIOUS
      02-11-2006, 01:27 AM   #103
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Hey, guess like I'm going to Manhattan again March 12-14! Mt Sinai School of Medicine wants to fly me out there for a few days...they're based right above central park. Can't pass this up so I am definitely down! Didn't get to spend much time in the city last time so this on will be a thriller!

I need to learn how to sleep on the airplane...some folks told me to drug myself with drowsy medication such as Nyquil or motion-sickness drugs.

EDIT: So I am pretty buzzed right now with my current stay in Buffalo. The current PhD students took me out to a FEW bars and liquored my ass up. Ok, I always thought Buffalo wasn't that bad but today it was snowing like all hell (the Buffalo natives were saying 'oh, it's just sprinkling' but to me, it was a BLIZZARD) and there was a strong wind chill. Felt like my face was getting frost bitten. The other thing I thought surprising was that PhD folks were supposed to be geeks but damn, they are antithetical to what I've always suspected. They go clubbing, drinking, and partying more than I did when I used to be a kandy kid back in the golden era. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!
Appreciate 0