E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > speeding ticket...

06-03-2007, 02:45 AM   #1
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

speeding ticket...

if i get a speedingticket and the cop said he clocked me with his gun going 89. honestly i have gotten speeding ticket before and i will ADMIT it when im speeding (but i was NOT going 89) i had my crusie control on the WHOLE time going 80 and i was behinh 2 other cars wtih 2 other cars behind me all going excatly the same speed... so i asked him to show me his radar gun and he refused "no... u can see it at the courts" thats wat he said to me.

on the ticket it said he used a speeding measurment device to catch me. can i fight this ticket simpily because the cop fail to provide his radar gun when i asked him to. and im thinking about getting a lawyer because seriously i was PISSED AS HELL when he told me i was going 89 and bs-ing with all these crap.

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 03:59 AM   #2
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
9 mph extra will increase your fine. Pick up the book called Beat Your Ticket by Nolo Press. It will show you some techniques to use if you choose to goto court.

If he caught you by radar, it should have been noted on your ticket. If not, then he was pacing you, and it is an estimate.

In California, I once plead guilty but told the judge that I was not traveling as fast as what was indicated on the ticket. The judge reduced my fine a little bit.

Also, are there any discrepancies on your ticket? Incorrect DL#, Car/Make, etc.?

Good luck with your ticket.
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Nyulak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2009 BMW 535xi  [10.00]
Officers in Ohio do not have to show you the measurement, but they are supposed to indicate type of device on the ticket. Last one I got was based on my distance not changing from the vehicle in front of me that was actually pegged by the RADAR. My work colleague pulled over and I pulled over too, but when the officer stopped, my colleague pulled away and didn't receive a ticket. I plead not guilty at the first hearing, received a court date, and talked to the prosecutor on the court date.

I have found that prosecutors are willing to listen to you and reduce the severity of the ticket. He dropped my speed by 5 or 7 MPH. I still had to pay a fine, but it was in a smaller bracket. I would suggest pleading not guilty, get a court date, and speak to the prosecutor. Be polite!
Appreciate 0