E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Foods you love, but can't eat

01-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #23
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

I'll eat everything but prok, seriously I could eat cheese burgers for the rest of my life and not gain any wait or anything lol. It's awesome .
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #24
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I'll eat everything but pork, seriously I could eat cheese burgers for the rest of my life and not gain any weight or anything lol. It's awesome .
Fixed.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #25
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Fixed.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #26
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Donuts give me terrible heartburn, especially Krispy Kreme
      01-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #27
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I'll eat everything but pigeons - specially after seeing jh valley's new signature, seriously I could eat cheese burgers for the rest of my life and not have a heart attack because I like to fool myself or anything lol. It's awesome .
Quote:
Fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
Fixed x 2
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #28
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

^Good post damadama, keep up the good work man, it's definitely worth it. Now hurry up and stop smoking.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

man i'm chinese and i eat everything

there's nothing i CAN'T eat

i am allergic to shell fish though
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #30
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by damadama View Post
My family seems to have issues with something called metabolic syndrome... it has to do with the body converting carbohydrates too rapidly into triglycerides or something, causing weight sensitivity to carbohydrates but also if you don't correct your diet it can cause heart disease in the long run as my father is finding out (he has had to make very drastic changes to his lifestyle to get this into check). I have not been formally diagnosed but I've had my triglycerides tested for a couple stints of isotretinoin treatment and my baseline levels were sufficiently high enough that I had to also be put on lipitor as well.

As I'm getting older I've started to notice that for my body at least, a calorie is not just a calorie, and the ratios of what you take into your body on a daily basis really drives the shape of my figure. I used to eat anything and everything I felt like, after about a year out of college the lack of physical activity due to sitting at this desk and sucking down soda pop I went from about 180->205 lbs. As I'm 6'2" its not too terribly noticable while clothed, but the love handles, stomach/chest fat, and not being able to fit into my favorite pants really started to irritate me. I began to count calories going w/ the strategy that if I only eat ~1750 cals per day I should at worst maintain my current weight, but I paid no attention to how those calories were spent for the most part and the steady gain continued.

After chatting w/ my old man about these superb genetics he gave me, I decided about 4 months ago that it would be best if I shift my lifestyle towards the healthier side, developing positive habits that can keep any health/weight issues in check for years to come. After a bit of research I've found a lot of recommendations towards South Beach or raw food diets. The key idea being to cut (most of) the simple sugars and processed carbs.

So here's a basic overview of the changes I made to my lifestyle:

1) Usual old breakfast: Rudy's Breakfast tacos or Mcdonalds bagel sandwich meal or occasionally a can of biscuits if I woke up early. This was always washed down with Coca-Cola.

New Breakfast: Piece of fruit and granola bar or granola and yogurt and sometimes on weekends I'll make myself and omelet. Usually drink water with it, occasionally Pepsi Max.

2) I used to skip lunch most days, occasionally going to Taco cabana or something for a fajita taco combo w/ chips&queso and a soda. Now I usually have a sandwich on whole wheat and a side of vegetables (broccoli and cheese is my current addiction). I say usually b/c I still have a tendency to skip lunch if I'm busy at work (sometimes fill in with a granola bar or something).

3) for the Dinner meal, or the meals I actually cook I've made several broad changes:
-replace flour-loaded baked goods w/ whole grain non-fortified foods or remove them completely. (Tortillas and tortilla chips/queso as well as garlic bread were my undoing)
-Oftentimes made steak/potatoes for myself -- this is now Steak and fresh vegetables occasionally w/ a side of brown rice.
-Cut way back on drinking beer at home, I now enjoy a glass of wine or canadian whiskey & diet 7.
-Avoid "bad" fats. Saturated, hydrogenated/trans fats.

This has in effect cut my potato, pasta, baked goods intake by atleast 75% or more, replacing that food with alot more fresh fruits/vegetables. I tend towards leaner cuts of meat now and have started eating alot more seafood as such.

outside of these general changes, I eat 0 fast food these days. I drink only diet sodas (good for probably -500cal per day), and only eat out once per week where I tend to let myself "splurge" a little bit -- this is after all something I'm want to be able to live with for the rest of my life and you gotta indulge yourself every now and again (thats why we all drive bmws rite?). In the past 4 months I've dropped 16 pounds and gone from almost 18% body fat to what I estimate to be around 11 (If I figure weight loss from loss of fat only, which isnt probably true so maybe closer to 12%). Best of all this has been something that I have not had a hard time sticking to, it has just taken some time to learn new healthy things that I can enjoy eating. Not only that I'm now able to eat more calories total per day (and thus alot more food cuz not empty calories) due to my new meal schedule and beginning stages of working out.

Sorry for the essay ladies, just starting to grow up and take responsibility for my health and well-being... If only I could quit smoking now.
Man, awesome work. That takes a lotta will power and discipline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Fixed x 2
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #31
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Fixed x 2
Wow. I merely fixed the spelling. You took it to a whole new level.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #32
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
man i'm chinese and i eat everything

there's nothing i CAN'T eat

i am allergic to shell fish though
Lol I thought you said you were Chinese?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #33
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Lol I thought you said you were Chinese?
i didn't say that it stopped me from eating it

i don't eat it though. haha
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #34
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Hot Thai food, love it..

but burns on the way in and burns on the way out. I can't do that to my GI tract anymore
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #35
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
Quote:
Fixed x 2
lol
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #36
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwn2earth610 View Post
dairy until i found these nifty pills in the vitamin section at a&p lol i forget the name. but new i can eat it again and that awesome bc i love exotic cheeses... plus cheese makes a burger taste 10000x better lol
Would those pills be Lactaid? I took one of those once and was so violently ill for three days I was ready for the ER. Took another several years later with the same result. Talk about an alergic reaction! I'd rather have the hershey squirts from eating the dairy product than that any day of the week. At least I know from experience the HS is only for a short period.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #37
branabolic
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

i love broccoli but it makes me fart like a mofo. awesome if im hangin with the guys, not so much if im with a lady.
      01-31-2009, 08:33 PM   #38
Dwn2earth610
avant-garde
Rep
Drives: to work everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Would those pills be Lactaid? I took one of those once and was so violently ill for three days I was ready for the ER. Took another several years later with the same result. Talk about an alergic reaction! I'd rather have the hershey squirts from eating the dairy product than that any day of the week. At least I know from experience the HS is only for a short period.
ya thats them. i take them with no problem. the chewable vanilla ones are like eating chalk tho.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 09:35 PM   #39
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Hot thai food
Salsa
Milk
All give me stomach explosion

I'm semi-allergic to apples, they make my mouth burn.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #40
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Meh, over winter I got lazy and stopped caring about what I eat.

Once spring time rolls around though, its back to intense dieting and working out.
Appreciate 0