E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > anyone here have a sony HD camcorder?

10-09-2007, 03:50 AM   #1
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

anyone here have a sony HD camcorder?

are there any programs that support avchd yet? i would like to put some HD videos on websites like youtube and stuff but they dont even support AVCHD format. so far i've only found one program that converts avchd to mpg but the quality is not too great ....

whenever people put HD vids on the internet, i always wonder how they do it. i cant seem to find anywhere that supports the format
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
UKGuy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy nico View Post
are there any programs that support avchd yet? i would like to put some HD videos on websites like youtube and stuff but they dont even support AVCHD format. so far i've only found one program that converts avchd to mpg but the quality is not too great ....

whenever people put HD vids on the internet, i always wonder how they do it. i cant seem to find anywhere that supports the format
If you are using a Macintosh, then iMovie 7 (part of iLife 08) supports the AVHD format, then you can use iWeb to put your HD movie on the Web.

Mike
      10-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
Curt3s
In your rear view mirror making funny faces.
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I use final cut pro studio 2 and a Sony HDR-HC7

Ive been very pleased so far, and I encode the video into the computer as HDV (what it records at natively), and then convert it to MPEG4 and downgrade the resolution for youtube.

Heres my youtube channel for fun

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Azorino

'06 325i - Premium - Sport - iDrive Navigation - Bluetooth Cradle - Sparkling Graphite - Grey Interior - Aluminum Trim (GT4 330 Pictured)

"And with the amount of power he has in that BMW he is just leaving them behind right now."
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 02:36 AM   #4
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt3s View Post
I use final cut pro studio 2 and a Sony HDR-HC7

Ive been very pleased so far, and I encode the video into the computer as HDV (what it records at natively), and then convert it to MPEG4 and downgrade the resolution for youtube.

Heres my youtube channel for fun

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Azorino
damn man those vids arent bad AT ALL. look out for PMs in the future
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

I just bought the Sony HDR-SR7. I love the camera!

It's leaps above my old Sony TR81. I really can't believe I spent another thousand on a camera.

How much you guys get yours for?

Gary
Attached Images

Appreciate 0