E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: Front door lock actuator replacement (E90)

07-29-2022, 12:27 PM   #177
FunDGH
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Last night I replaced the Driver side actuator and the steps I followed were consistent with those posted here (I just found this thread today). I left the window rolled all of the way up and loosened the guide rail and pushed it out and back to make space.

The first go at getting it back together lead to an odd issue: whenever I took the fob out of the port in the dash, all windows would roll down and the sunroof would open. I tried many times to resolve this and nothing fixed it. The lock/unlock did work properly so I know that the actuator was the problem. I took it apart and found that I had left a wire disconnected.

When I got it back together, the window issue was resolved, but now the locks automatically lock when I close the door, and I can't unlock them with the fob a some amount of time. It is more than a couple minutes and less than an hour. Fortunately, the lift gate button works and I can crawl in from the back if I have to.

Any ideas on why it would be automatically locking?
Appreciate 0