E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Grande Prêmio Petrobras Do Brasil 2010

11-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #67
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Not a damn thing! That's why the whole BS with Ferrari making Massa give up the position was such utter garbage. All the money for the TEAM comes from the Constructors title. Drivers get sponsonship and since FA brings along Santander he is the Queen of the team. He needs to be bitch slapped!
Youre an ignorant

Same points for Ferrari if Massa is behind or in front of FA by a position.

Drivers championships give's a lot of money in marketing. Nobody's remember constructors title. In a extra-official way, much more.

The 143 points of Massa is all FA fault race after race?

C'mon Ronald, tell it to this poor man

There are 19 gp in the championship ... there are 19 gp in the championship ...

There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #68
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
TIME to celebrate: Red Bull Renault 2010 Formula 1 constructor champion! THANK YOU to VETTEL AND WEBBER for taking the RB6's to our first ever constructor's championship.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #69
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
Youre an ignorant

Same points for Ferrari if Massa is behind or in front of FA by a position.

Drivers championships give's a lot of money in marketing. Nobody's remember constructors title. In a extra-official way, much more.

The 143 points of Massa is all FA fault race after race?

C'mon Ronald, tell it to this poor man

There are 19 gp in the championship ... there are 19 gp in the championship ...
As far a Ferrari concerned, they will get "some" points and the same amount of money from FOM/FIA for the constructor's champion points....however, putting Alonso in first gives them a better relationship and partnership of Scuderia Ferrari and Santander, which is crucial especially Marlboro's exposure is getting less and less. THey would prefer to secure a major sponsor like Santander.
      11-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #70
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #71
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
As far a Ferrari concerned, they will get "some" points and the same amount of money from FOM/FIA for the constructor's champion points....however, putting Alonso in first gives them a better relationship and partnership of Scuderia Ferrari and Santander, which is crucial especially Marlboro's exposure is getting less and less. THey would prefer to secure a major sponsor like Santander.
Even if Alonso steps out of SF tomorrow, Santander has to stay with SF. Its a contract. Remember McLaren affair.

Normally the title of drivers and manufactures "comes togheter", but the drivers one is more important, FIA money is shit comparing with marketing-sponsors, not only the Santander. If not, its stupid the strategy of team orders, favoritism (based on points after races) etc
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #72
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

11-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #73
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Even if Alonso steps out of SF tomorrow, Santander has to stay with SF. Its a contract. Remember McLaren affair.

Normally the title of drivers and manufactures "comes togheter", but the drivers one is more important, FIA money is shit comparing with marketing-sponsors, not only the Santander. If not, its stupid the strategy of team orders, favoritism (based on points after races) etc
Its all about business, Alonso brought Santander sponsorship to McLaren and Ferrari...didn't happened in Renault because of ING conflict....

I'd guess the bank stayed with McLaren because of "british market" or somewhat....

Yes...normally WDC and WCC comes together...however if the points are evenly distributed together like RBR....the WDC is still up for grab....
or....if one driver performed worse than the #1 driver (McLaren 2008....WCC went to Ferrari)...one team will win WCC and the driver from other team will win WDC....
      11-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #74
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Its all about business, Alonso brought Santander sponsorship to McLaren and Ferrari...didn't happened in Renault because of ING conflict....

I'd guess the bank stayed with McLaren because of "british market" or somewhat....

Yes...normally WDC and WCC comes together...however if the points are evenly distributed together like RBR....the WDC is still up for grab....
Of course, and i think RB is doing fine with his policy of no clear #1 (its true too that both drivers perfomances made this no possible). Now you got two drivers with options instead of one ...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #75
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Youre an ignorant
Don't get your panties all bunched up Javi.

I was responding to the question that was asked. The team doesn't get anything extra from the FIA for winning the drivers title. The only thing they get are happy sponsors who are already paying the team.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #76
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
I liked Vettel's comments about FA: 'I don't wish him bad, but it'd be nice to see some Ferrari smoke'
I laughed out loud when he said that.
      11-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #77
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I found the race to be kind of boring. There was no reason to really watch it past the first lap.

I was really hoping to see the top competitors battle it out a bit more, but it looks like I'll have to wait to Abu Dhabi for that.

Congrats to Red Bull on the Constructors, it was well deserved.
      11-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #78
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Of course, and i think RB is doing fine with his policy of no clear #1 (its true too that both drivers perfomances made this no possible). Now you got two drivers with options instead of one ...
Its absolutely fine until the two crash into each other or the team principle re-allocate the new wing to another driver....
      11-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #79
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I found the race to be kind of boring. There was no reason to really watch it past the first lap.

I was really hoping to see the top competitors battle it out a bit more, but it looks like I'll have to wait to Abu Dhabi for that.

It sucked because the pace for MW, SV, FA...and sometimes even LH is about the same...however the gap between won't let them really race wheel to wheel....

I just wish the backmarkers are able to unlap themselves under safety car...so P1 thru P5 can bunch up together when the race resume green flag...
there's just too much traffic in between SV, MW, and FA during Safety car....so SV can have a clean getaway...
      11-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #80
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
this year will mostly be remembered by Red Bulls dominance, lets see what happens next week.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #81
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
It sucked because the pace for MW, SV, FA...and sometimes even LH is about the same...however the gap between won't let them really race wheel to wheel....

I just wish the backmarkers are able to unlap themselves under safety car...so P1 thru P5 can bunch up together when the race resume green flag...
there's just too much traffic in between SV, MW, and FA during Safety car....so SV can have a clean getaway...
yea its about the only thing Will Buxton has said all season that made any sense. It could have been a much better race if they realign them again behind the safety car
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #82
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
this year will mostly be remembered by Red Bulls dominance, lets see what happens next week.
and also how they kept stepping on their own toes and almost gave the championship away....at least for the WDC....
      11-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #83
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Hopefully if we get some good KERS systems and the adjustable rear wing system working well next year we might actually see the race leader change in more than just the first lap of the race.
      11-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #84
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
I love how SV wouldn't answer the question about whether or not he would let MW pass to win so could claim the WDC. I have to imagine that there is no way he wouldn't. That would go against not only MW but the team as well. Plus he would earn himself a pretty horrible reputation.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #85
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hopefully if we get some good KERS systems and the adjustable rear wing system working well next year we might actually see the race leader change in more than just the first lap of the race.
Still not going to help the hopeless Bahrain and Valencia....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
I love how SV wouldn't answer the question about whether or not he would let MW pass to win so could claim the WDC. I have to imagine that there is no way he wouldn't. That would go against not only MW but the team as well. Plus he would earn himself a pretty horrible reputation.
Its kinda tough decision for RBR Christian Horner now.
Do they want to order one driver to help another?
Cause now the closest driver to challenge Alonso is Webber, however, Vettel has a chance too. Do they want to let the two fight it out and ends up benefit Alonso? Also ordering Vettel to help out Webber is not going to help the relationship around the team. We all know RBR's real #1 driver is Vettel.
Plus Christian Horder did say he wants the drivers to let them race freely, and not to place any team orders. Also he can say now RBR has won the WCC, we can definitely let the drivers to race freely.
      11-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #86
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

The trophy looks retarded
      11-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #87
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
The trophy looks retarded
Yeah, what's the deal with that? Looks like cheap plastic.

Boring race though. At least the last one should have more drama given what's a stake. Will Masa have orders to slow the red bulls?
      11-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #88
DPritchett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 528i

Garage List
2006 E90 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Me too ... sort of reminded of Bahrain at the start of the season .... if something had happened to one of the title contenders, it would have been memorable, but as it turned out, once they all got past Hulkenburg, it was a procession.

2006 325xi |SG - Terra - Walnut | Steptronic | Premium Package - Nav | Zenon Adaptive Headlights | Blacklines; iPod Adapter
Appreciate 0