E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Do e9x'ers believe in Ghosts?

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Ghosts?
Yes - I have or have known someone who have experienced something 'unearthly'... 28 50.91%
No- Rubbish, completely a product of psyching oneself out! 27 49.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

06-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
im spencer
Back in the f80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Do e9x'ers believe in Ghosts?

Just curious if any of you guys have ever had an experience with a 'spirit' or a 'ghost'? Im curious to see what kind of judgment you guys pass on these sort of matters, feel free to share your experiences! I have more then a handful of instances to share with you guys shortly

Spencer
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Yeah, I experienced a ghost back in 2002. It was quite unbelieveable, but I swear it happened. I woke up in my bed and I saw a person in my bedroom and I said to myself in my head, "I can't believe it, it's a burgler!" Then I stared at it, and it was a transparent orangey figure that eventually disappeared in thin air. The ghost was moving towards me but I was freaking out pretty big time because my mind was that it was a burgler and I was shouting "HEY!" I think I scared it away. It freaked me out big time. Well, I realized it was a ghost.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #3
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Bunch of hoopla imo.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #4
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I never really believed in ghost but how would one explain what I saw. I would have to say it was a ghost. I haven't seen it since.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #5
ik999
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 335i f32 435xi

ghost ride the whip..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Ridiculous. Believing in ghosts is for uneducated children.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #7
Dubai2LA
v3ed 3er
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Space/Coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik999 View Post
ghost ride the whip..
lmao
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

nope

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #9
e92man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: modded e92 335i coupe

Garage List
lol no
e92 335i jet black, coral red, aluminum, sport, step, paddles, heated seats, pdc, bmw aluminum pedals, oem aero kit front lip, 19' miro type 366 hamann race edition reps, H&R sport springs, 15% tints, vorsteiner rear deck spoiler, custom front pdc

"The only cars that should be yellow are taxi cabs and school busses."
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

science ftw
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

I didnt believe in ghosts until my friend and I saw one together..scariest shittt

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #12
ae8t6ix
Friends don't let friends apex early
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325I

Garage List
1985 Corolla GT-s  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
I was studying abroad in Paris and the first day I arrived I was the third member to get in so I got a room by myself. That night I left a book on my desk and around 3 a.m. I heard some loud noises like someone going through my bag. I immediately turned on the light and found nothing, when I turned off the light to sleep I heard the pages of my book flipping and again it stopped when I turned ont he lights. No visual confirmation but something was definitely going on.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
if i loose 30 more lbs i'll be a ghost

jk, nah i dont believe in that stuff.

btw, i was surprised to see a fellow socal using the word "rubbish" i expected a brit haha
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #14
im spencer
Back in the f80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Wow im surprised to see the results of the poll so far

Yes: 44.83%
No: 55.17%

The odds are pretty good, close to 50/50. It's a very skeptical subject indeed but is it really so hard to believe? After all we do believe in gravity..... that the universe is expanding at an exponential rate.... and well spirits, do they really seem so far fetched? I beg to differ. When I was about eight or nine, within reasonable range of a mature enough thought process, my family and I moved into this eerie house in Pasadena. Since day one I was terrified of the place, can't explain why but I just had the strongest emotions that I was being watched all the time. Time progresses.... things get worse. Sounds begin to pick up in the house, Audible footsteps - please dont take me for an idiot its pretty easy to deduce if it was human or not, no pets in the house either, but indeed at certain times in the night you can hear these audible footsteps step for approximately five or so steps (staircase was about 14 steps or so) then dead silence. Now things become a little more tangible.... my sister and I shared the same room we lived in the attic of the house which was Monstrous. It was really huge it could have easily accommodated a large full-size basketball court. Constant silhouettes at the entrance of the attic, rather tall man, I was pretty young so I would have to say he was around 5'10 to 6ft in height, you can definitely tell it was a man with very broad shoulders. This was all in the dark, but visibly you can see an even darker form silhouette in and out of the shade. My sister and I would mention these things to our parents, of course were were kids at the time so there was absolutely no credibility. Well until recently I spoke with my mother telling her very fervently that I believed that house was haunted this was years and years after moving out. She finally revealed to me that when we first moved in, during the first few weeks as she would go to bed she would feel this tremendous pressure or more like emotional pressure resonating from the side of her bed. She said it felt like a tall man was standing next to her on her side of the bed. She was reluctant to tell us while we were young she didn't want to acknowledge what we saw/experienced she thought it was too horrific for our young minds to process.

Spencer
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #15
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

nah meng
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #16
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
I believe .... there was a time in my life that I had to live with my grandparents and my grandmother was a huge believer in spirits. Their house was about a 1/4 mile away from the cemetery that her parents where buried in. She you to tell me stories of seeing her father in the back yard from time to time and seeing a wwII soldier in the house and all kinds of crazy things .... I use to just smile at her and go "oh thats cool" untill one night. I was at the house all alone and had just gotten home from being out with friends (about 10:45ish) I got in the house, got ready for bed and laid down ... as I sat there waiting to fall asleep I rolled over and noticed my bed room door was open ( I shut it before I came in the room) I jsut figured the AC or some other draft pushed it open and that it had not fully latched. About 3-5 min later as I laid there thinking about the night I heard the sound that a door knob makes when trying to open ... I was like WTF! ... rolled over and didnt see the knob moving, then it sounded like what happens when you have wet hands or slippery hands and a door knobs slips when your trying to open it. Honestly at this point I was scared shitless ... I thought someone was in the house ...however this went on like 10 times the door knob slipping out of the hands of someone/something. As I sat there asking God to make it go away it just stopped. I sat in my bed wide awake for hours just listening, didnt hear anything and got up enought courage to check it out and there was nothing or no one in the house.

I told my Grandmother about it when she got back and she just smiled at me and said "dont worry they wont hurt you" ... I was like Fuck that Im not sleeping here alone again. It never happened again but from that point on I believed. That house was weird as I also had an out of body experience in that room, as one morning I woke up and was floating above my self watching my self sleep, and it freaked me out and the next thing I knew I was back in my body and awake. Weird ass shit .... and yes I know you guys will think im nuts, but its one of those things thats impossible to believe till it happens to you.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #17
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

There are some homes in the area that are known to be very haunted. They're so haunted that they are hard to sell. Like one house the furniture gets rearanged by itself everyday. Another house, people see ghost walking through walls. Would you want to live in a house where the furniture gets rearranged by itself everyday or live in a house where you see ghost walking through walls? I believe ghost are just dead spirits.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #18
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
I believe .... there was a time in my life that I had to live with my grandparents and my grandmother was a huge believer in spirits. Their house was about a 1/4 mile away from the cemetery that her parents where buried in. She you to tell me stories of seeing her father in the back yard from time to time and seeing a wwII soldier in the house and all kinds of crazy things .... I use to just smile at her and go "oh thats cool" untill one night. I was at the house all alone and had just gotten home from being out with friends (about 10:45ish) I got in the house, got ready for bed and laid down ... as I sat there waiting to fall asleep I rolled over and noticed my bed room door was open ( I shut it before I came in the room) I jsut figured the AC or some other draft pushed it open and that it had not fully latched. About 3-5 min later as I laid there thinking about the night I heard the sound that a door knob makes when trying to open ... I was like WTF! ... rolled over and didnt see the knob moving, then it sounded like what happens when you have wet hands or slippery hands and a door knobs slips when your trying to open it. Honestly at this point I was scared shitless ... I thought someone was in the house ...however this went on like 10 times the door knob slipping out of the hands of someone/something. As I sat there asking God to make it go away it just stopped. I sat in my bed wide awake for hours just listening, didnt hear anything and got up enought courage to check it out and there was nothing or no one in the house.

I told my Grandmother about it when she got back and she just smiled at me and said "dont worry they wont hurt you" ... I was like Fuck that Im not sleeping here alone again. It never happened again but from that point on I believed. That house was weird as I also had an out of body experience in that room, as one morning I woke up and was floating above my self watching my self sleep, and it freaked me out and the next thing I knew I was back in my body and awake. Weird ass shit .... and yes I know you guys will think im nuts, but its one of those things thats impossible to believe till it happens to you.

WOAH, I had a out of body experience when I was a kid too. I was actually very sick and I had a fever. It was actually cool, I was floating in the air and I saw myself sleep and what really was interesting was that I used my legs and hands to push the walls to make myself move to the direction I wanted to go. I was saying to myself "this is weird and unreal and why is it happening to me?" I was actually very close to the ceiling, probably about one foot. I wasn't scared and I didn't even tell my parents because I know they would never ever believe me. I never told anyone else about it too even my close friend during that time. About 5 years later, I was walking a show called UNSOLVED MYSTERIES and there was a girl who had the EXACT same thing and she was sick too. Then, I realized I had an out of body experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #19
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Wow, this is much closer than I would have thought!
      06-05-2008, 03:20 AM   #20
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
There are some homes in the area that are known to be very haunted. They're so haunted that they are hard to sell. Like one house the furniture gets rearanged by itself everyday. Another house, people see ghost walking through walls. Would you want to live in a house where the furniture gets rearranged by itself everyday or live in a house where you see ghost walking through walls? I believe ghost are just dead spirits.
Spirits don't die... Hence why they leave an imprint on the earth, well that is what I believe anyway.

I believe they only stay if they have something they were unhappy about or unresolved matters, otherwise, they move on.
      06-05-2008, 03:53 AM   #21
DSe93
DANNY
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i AW/CR

Garage List
RUBBISH! it's all mind games
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #22
Spacegray335i
BimmerPost Supporting Buyer
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Me Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Spirits don't die... Hence why they leave an imprint on the earth, well that is what I believe anyway.

I believe they only stay if they have something they were unhappy about or unresolved matters, otherwise, they move on.
+1, well said.

An employee past away in our family business last month. He had a heart attack and collapsed in his home. He was bare foot at the time. He was in ICU for a week then died.

Last night, my mom saw him in the dream and he told her to get him a pair of shoes. We are planning to get him a pair and put inside the coffin. Call us crazy and superstitious but I really believe spirits are out there....