E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > March Against Monsanto

10-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

March Against Monsanto

Anyone else marching today?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

I guess not

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Just go buy your food at whole foods and leave the rest of us alone.

Whole foods
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Just go buy your food at whole foods and leave the rest of us alone.

Whole foods
Someone a little ignorant?

I am on an organic diet already. I just don't like that people are being used as lab rats. GMO's are already found in about 80% of our food, although they have never been tested by the FDA or Monsanto for safety. We are being turned into a science experiment, and of course the government allows it because they've been paid off. All of the independant studies have shown numerous health problems caused by GMO's. I am concerned about contamination of organic crops, and also the long term health of our planet and future generations. There are laws getting passed to protect these corporations that are poisoning our planet and slowly killing us all. I am talking about the Monsanto Protection Act, and the Trans-Pacific partnership. If we let this continue 100% of our food will be genetically engineered and patented.

Maybe you like eating pesticides, herbicides, and frankenfood, but I sure don't. All I have to say is good luck with your health in the future, you are going to need it.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

I do love frankenfoods. Free steroids and growth hormones as well, I love it. If preservatives can make food last longer imagine how much longer it can make our bodies last!

Im just messing around, but its Jehovah's witness post like this that try and force your "believes" down people throats and if we do not do what you are doing we are going to die, that really get me going. Do what you want to do, that is great and I am happy that you like being over charges for food. I will continue to eat my poisons and be totally ok with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
I do love frankenfoods. Free steroids and growth hormones as well, I love it. If preservatives can make food last longer imagine how much longer it can make our bodies last!

Im just messing around, but its Jehovah's witness post like this that try and force your "believes" down people throats and if we do not do what you are doing we are going to die, that really get me going. Do what you want to do, that is great and I am happy that you like being over charges for food. I will continue to eat my poisons and be totally ok with it.
This type of attitude is sad. It shows you do not care about your body or our planet. I don't want to sound mean, but its true. How could poison in your food be acceptable. The U.S. is one of the most ignorant countries in the world because our citizens are too lazy to make a change. GMO's are depleting our farmland and contaminating our seeds, and if we don't do something before its too late we could end life on this planet. We need to stand up to our corrupt government and let them know this isn't acceptable.

BTW how am I being overcharged for food? I actually spend about the same if not less on real food. Some organic food may be a little more expensive, but compared to the crap people eat the nutritional content is higher. You are the one that is buying falsely advertised "food". Besides, money is just a piece of paper you shouldn't allow it to affect your health negatively.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
Pheonix
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe 2012 e93 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
This type of attitude is sad. It shows you do not care about your body or our planet. I don't want to sound mean, but its true. How could poison in your food be acceptable. The U.S. is one of the most ignorant countries in the world because our citizens are too lazy to make a change. GMO's are depleting our farmland and contaminating our seeds, and if we don't do something before its too late we could end life on this planet. We need to stand up to our corrupt government and let them know this isn't acceptable.

BTW how am I being overcharged for food? I actually spend about the same if not less on real food. Some organic food may be a little more expensive, but compared to the crap people eat the nutritional content is higher. You are the one that is buying falsely advertised "food". Besides, money is just a piece of paper you shouldn't allow it to affect your health negatively.
Take it easy with the Kool Aid
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Take it easy with the Kool Aid
Lol sorry for the rants. This is just something I really care about and its a very important issue that nobody wants to hear about.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Lol sorry for the rants. This is just something I really care about and its a very important issue that nobody wants to hear about.
Dude most people care more about what they put in their gas tank than they do about what they put in their bodies. I'm very much into fitness and working out so you can say I'm on the same page as you. Most other people won't give as rats ass though.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #10
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Dude most people care more about what they put in their gas tank than they do about what they put in their bodies. I'm very much into fitness and working out so you can say I'm on the same page as you. Most other people won't give as rats ass.
Good point I never even thought of that. On a related note I started using ethanol free gas, because most of the corn used to make ethanol is genetically modified. I know its not going to kill my car, but I don't want to help support companies that produce GMO's.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #11
Pheonix
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe 2012 e93 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Sometime you dont have a choice! For instance, ethanol is mandatory in the People Republic of California, Connecticut, Massachusetts (just to name a few). Dont throw out a blanket statement about GMO! Do you enjoy eating Seedless fruits (such as Grapes, watermelon?) Just in case you didnt know, those were Genetically modified as well (just not in the lab). This subject is some what bother me as well. Especially people are brainwashing those poor starving souls in the 3rd world countries from accepting food aid which might be GMO!
OK, I am done with this! What the hell is going with the great forum lately? It is supposed to be about cars but lately I see more and more posts about watches, relationships, fitness...
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #12
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC2015 View Post
That, my friend, is inevitable. Earth needs to reset itself every certain number of years, to start clean. But, I assure you, complex life forms will continue to spring from simple organisms, necessarily.

As long as we continue to live in a free market economy, you ought not expect change. Trust me, it's a waste of your time. There's no reason to cry gloom and doom, your voice will not cause change; it's the corporations that will dictate what the general public will put into their stomachs. If you actually think a few laws might prevent the production of GMO's, you ought to study the law and broaden your horizons.
This is exactly the type of attitude that is holding back change. Yes I agree it is inevitable that life will eventually end on earth. It is horrible to think that we are causing its premature death. Maybe you should study the law more if you think that it is acceptable to let corporations run the world. Better yet maybe you should run for congress you'd fit right in with the rest of our corrupt politicians.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #13
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
This is exactly the type of attitude that is holding back change. Yes I agree it is inevitable that life will eventually end on earth. It is horrible to think that we are causing its premature death. Maybe you should study the law more if you think that it is acceptable to let corporations run the world. Better yet maybe you should run for congress you'd fit right in with the rest of our corrupt politicians.
Corporations have money and money=power. So they will always run things and nothing will ever change that. Only thing you can change is to vote out politicians who are pretty much corporate sponsored, institute term limits, and put an end to corporate lobbying. Have a separation of state and business so that the state can regulate the business but not the other way around.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Sometime you dont have a choice! For instance, ethanol is mandatory in the People Republic of California, Connecticut, Massachusetts (just to name a few). Dont throw out a blanket statement about GMO! Do you enjoy eating Seedless fruits (such as Grapes, watermelon?) Just in case you didnt know, those were Genetically modified as well (just not in the lab). This subject is some what bother me as well. Especially people are brainwashing those poor starving souls in the 3rd world countries from accepting food aid which might be GMO!
OK, I am done with this! What the hell is going with the great forum lately? It is supposed to be about cars but lately I see more and more posts about watches, relationships, fitness...
Lol you are in the off topic section things here are supposed to be off topic.

I avoid seedless watermelons and grapes, although I wouldn't say seedless fruits are bad, but I just don't know. The process for creating seedless crops is different than creating pesticide and herbicide resistant crops.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Corporations have money and money=power. So they will always run things and nothing will ever change that. Only thing you can change is to vote out politicians who are pretty much corporate sponsored, institute term limits, and put an end to corporate lobbying. Have a separation of state and business so that the state can regulate the business but not the other way around.
Thats why we need people to fight the system. If its broken we need to fix it and not just sit back and let things get worse. How can 95% of the world allow 5% of the world to control them just because of a piece of paper.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #16
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Thats why we need people to fight the system. If its broken we need to fix it and not just sit back and let things get worse. How can 95% of the world allow 5% of the world to control them just because of a piece of paper.
Because historically majority of people don't start moving till they feel the heat under their ass.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMBC2015 View Post
Exactly what attitude? A realist approach to societal issues? I agree, the lack of realists are holding back change, when we are producing more and more environment-worshipping nutjobs in today's society, i.e., outliers of the general population.

When did I state that letting corporations run the world is acceptable? I am a realist; not a politician.

Perhaps critical reading might be a scope of study you ought to engage in rather than crying for the end of life as its exists?
The attitude that things can't be changed. You can call me an enviroment worshipping nutjob, all that does is show me how ignorant you are about the environment.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #18
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Because historically majority of people don't start moving till they feel the heat under their ass.
Yes humans are reactionary creatures. That just means we wait for things to become a problem before trying to fix it. We need to change this type of attitude if we want to move forward.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #19
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

That's great if people want to stand up for the environment and hippie out, but it doesn't need to be preached, or predetermined that those who don't go organic "don't care about the planet or their body". So I eat non-organic food, as many americans do, but there are other ways to care for your body and the planet other than dictating an "organic diet".

Yes, current processes may take a toll on the environment, and hopefully as time continues more advancements can be made with pest control and supply a stable and consistent crop for the country, but with that being said, there are a million other things people can do to protect the environment for the future. Hydrocarbons from automobiles, I should make note that we are all killing the environment now and in the future with pollutants, so I suggest you stop driving and purchase a pedal bike.

If I am not mistaken, 6 out of the top 10 oldest people alive currently are from the United States..., I am curious what their diet is. I am not completely convinced this is because all of them have lived off an organic diet. Just some food for thought.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #20
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Yes humans are reactionary creatures. That just means we wait for things to become a problem before trying to fix it. We need to change this type of attitude if we want to move forward.
While the attitude needs to change going forward, and I would like to believe it has with the amount of advancements that have been made already for a greener future, the big picture leads to just how much of the "general" population doesn't care. Sad, yes. However, there have been a lot more steps in creating a cleaner future than anything of the past. They are steps, small steps, but its a tall climb to fix what has already been plagued through the decades of misinformation.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #21
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
That's great if people want to stand up for the environment and hippie out, but it doesn't need to be preached, or predetermined that those who don't go organic "don't care about the planet or their body". So I eat non-organic food, as many americans do, but there are other ways to care for your body and the planet other than dictating an "organic diet".

Yes, current processes may take a toll on the environment, and hopefully as time continues more advancements can be made with pest control and supply a stable and consistent crop for the country, but with that being said, there are a million other things people can do to protect the environment for the future. Hydrocarbons from automobiles, I should make note that we are all killing the environment now and in the future with pollutants, so I suggest you stop driving and purchase a pedal bike.

If I am not mistaken, 6 out of the top 10 oldest people alive currently are from the United States..., I am curious what their diet is. I am not completely convinced this is because all of them have lived off an organic diet. Just some food for thought.
Maybe what I said was misinterpreted a little bit.

First off, I don't want to offend anyone. I didn't mean if you don't eat organic food you are trying to destroy your body or the planet, I know that is not anyones intentions. This just isn't sustainable we've already ruined the majority of our farmland and this is continuing. We don't need GMO's to increase food supply, we don't need to use pesticides or herbicides on our food. Organic farmers have done it for thousands of years and are still doing it today. This new technology has actually decreased crop production and the levels of pesticides and herbicides being used are increasing due to resistance from pests and weeds.

Also GMO's are fairly new they've only been around for about a decade. Those 6 people were not eating GMO's all their life like what is expected of todays children.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #22
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
While the attitude needs to change going forward, and I would like to believe it has with the amount of advancements that have been made already for a greener future, the big picture leads to just how much of the "general" population doesn't care. Sad, yes. However, there have been a lot more steps in creating a cleaner future than anything of the past. They are steps, small steps, but its a tall climb to fix what has already been plagued through the decades of misinformation.
I agree that we are making progress and it is good to be positive about these things but we are moving too slowly. I mean seriously with the technology we have today we are still using fossil fuels. This isn't the 20th century anymore we need to move on.
Appreciate 0