E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Body Scans at Airport, Yes or No?

View Poll Results: Are you comfortable with being "virtually strip searched?"
Yep. 51 68.00%
Nope. 24 32.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

12-31-2009, 10:55 AM   #23
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I'm for it, but not for it at the same time. Even with it, it still will not prevent something from happening.
I've been hearing the guy who tried to blow up the plane recently didn't even pass through security. That's how he got the bomb on... WTF is the point of all this security measures if there are ways to bypass them?
      12-31-2009, 11:37 AM   #24
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
I've been hearing the guy who tried to blow up the plane recently didn't even pass through security. That's how he got the bomb on... WTF is the point of all this security measures if there are ways to bypass them?

Well, part of the problem is a lack of standards and technology in many parts of the world. Doesn't matter if the US has high tech scanners when the jokers in some podunk airport in the 3rd World have just hand wands.

This guy came through Nigeria, so who knows what "screening" they did. Typically one you get into the secured area of an airport, you don't have to be re-screened at connecting airports. It depends on the size of the airport. Heathrow is huge, so if you have to transfer terminals, you get re-screened.

But if someone went through security in Seattle, flew to Houston, changed planes, then flew to NYC, changed planes and then flew to LAX, it is conceivable that the only time they went through a security screening was in Seattle.....

As a frequent flier though, I can say that most of the security measures are just plain stupid and ineffective. Especially some of the knee-jerk reactions to this bombing attempt. But, they do give the impression of safety and security to those that don't fly that much....
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #25
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Ive been scanned multiple times as I fly a lot. Doesnt bother me.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #26
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Ive been scanned multiple times as I fly a lot. Doesnt bother me.
I can have fun with this comment but I will let it slide this one time....
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 12:20 PM   #27
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
I can have fun with this comment but I will let it slide this one time....
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Technology is only as good as the human interpreting the data, and most of the TSA employees couldn't out think my cat. Seriously, I am disgusted by their aparent ineptitude. I don't care if the scan allows them to count the veins on my "Hog", as long as I don't have to deal with the apparently requisite attitude to get hired by the TSA. The morons treating me and other regular people like criminals ought to be taught to develop investigatory skills that would allow for a smoother, more specific screening process. I guarantee you if the TSA hired the parents of teenage boys as screeners, no one would get away with shit...

"Is that weed in your pocket?"
"Ummm...no?"
"Let me see it"
"Do I have to?"
"No, but if you don't, you'll wish you had" (Cue the German Sheppard)
"Aww Man..." (Out comes the ball of plastique)

Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0