E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > 1M plays with G-power E90 M3

01-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #23
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

When first saw the video, I didn't know the M3 was supercharged, until I read the description. The 1M driver is a pretty good.

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #24
TimZ
Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
My guess is that, that M3 was equipped with the stop-start tech which can shut the engine off if you spin unless you disable it. So, perhaps the guy was just trying to turn the car back on after it shut itself off via stop-start.
That's what i thought but i didn't see the RPM needle drop to zero, just stayed around the 1k mark. Oh well
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #25
MonsterM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 328i SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
1. M3 driver clearly isn't as good as 1M driver.
2. I have said this once and will say it again; the N54 platform is just better... the low end TQ helps the car in twisties without having to revv the lights out of it. If this is a G power M3; then it makes my statement even more convincing because this shouldn't even be a race. With this car; I should be able to beat that 1M and I have 0 track experience; if he couldn't do it; then it should tell you something.
3. The DCT should make this race even easier to win. The ring is the only place I've seen an M3 beat a 1M due to the long straights (something that can easily be fixed with a tune on the 1M).
Driver skill. Will still take the M3, loled hard at number 2.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #26
mikeith
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by compm3e92m3 View Post
LOL at the people on here saying he sucks at driving.(like you guys are any better) He looked like he was having fun and im sure hes still learning.
he does suck... and i could drive better (doesn't mean i mean any pun intended, i'm just pointing out the facts) i'm glad the guy is enjoying his car the way it was meant to be driven and learning!

just saying! terrible lines, horrendous throttle control... i'm mean seriously the pedal isn't and on/off switch. good throttle control and knowing where to keep his rpm's alone could have kept him in front of the 1M even with his bad choice of lines
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #27
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Yes, Im pretty sure the car has a fuel shut off that requires you to stop/start the car in such instances.
Appreciate 0