E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > LAPD WTF

02-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

LAPD WTF

They seem to be proving his point.

Cliff notes: It would appear that the LAPD set fire to the structure, judge jury and executioner (don't get me wrong, I am sure he was guilty and glad that we don't have to pay for him on one hand), after shooting at innocent people in the name of their man hunt.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

This was revenge- not police work. Throughout this manhunt, civilians were in much greater danger from the police than they were from Dorner, validating Dorner's point.

The homeowner should definitely charge them with arson, and the civilians who were shot at should charge the cops with attempted murder.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
This was revenge- not police work. Throughout this manhunt, civilians were in much greater danger from the police than they were from Dorner, validating Dorner's point.

The homeowner should definitely charge them with arson, and the civilians who were shot at should charge the cops with attempted murder.
agreed
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:

Thank you!!!

I also want to add (before this thread gets deleted like the last one) how do you explain the cops finding Dorner's ID 4 days ago in San Diego, but then claim you found his ID AND wallet yesterday in Big Bear? How did an ID and wallet survive next to a charred body?

Then, how could you not find him when he was right across from the command post? You searched a 100 mile radius, but he was supposedly right across the street?

Finally, it has yet to be confirmed that they actually have Dorner until (if) the dental records can be confirmed.

Nope, one more. For those that say that nobody's safe and he's killing innocent people, he had plenty of time to kill the two hostages he took in, but let them go without a scratch. Just food for thought.

now I'm done.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I had the same exact feeling.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Fwdftl covered everything I was going to mention lol...just want to add that there hasn't been evidence showing that Dorner was the killer in any of the events that took place. I.E. cop car dash cam that he exchanged gunfire with and allegedly killed or cameras from the parking lot where he allegedly killed the couple. Another odd thing is the video that surfaced on YouTube where someone recorded a part of the news where you can clearly hear an officer say "get the gas, burn it down". Even if it was an accidental fire why wouldn't they put it out? Also I never understood what led officials to that cabin? He is still innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
Fwdftl covered everything I was going to mention lol...just want to add that there hasn't been evidence showing that Dorner was the killer in any of the events that took place. I.E. cop car dash cam that he exchanged gunfire with and allegedly killed or cameras from the parking lot where he allegedly killed the couple. Another odd thing is the video that surfaced on YouTube where someone recorded a part of the news where you can clearly hear an officer say "get the gas, burn it down". Even if it was an accidental fire why wouldn't they put it out? Also I never understood what led officials to that cabin? He is still innocent until PROVEN guilty.
You could make the case that fighting the fire would put the firefighters in danger and wouldn't be worth it, which is true. But, don't start the fire in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
You could make the case that fighting the fire would put the firefighters in danger and wouldn't be worth it, which is true. But, don't start the fire in the first place.
Lol so what are the firefighters trained for? I'm pretty sure its putting out fires. Also brings up a good point on SWAT, they're trained to go in and defuse a situation, but I'm guessing they don't want to put their life's at risk either right?

Forgot to mention if they really wanted to put it out, without putting anyone in danger, they could have dropped water from above with a helicopter
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
Lol so what are the firefighters trained for? I'm pretty sure its putting out fires. Also brings up a good point on SWAT, they're trained to go in and defuse a situation, but I'm guessing they don't want to put their life's at risk either right?
I mean getting shot while they are focused on putting out the fire.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol wut?

Fire-fight-er

Noun
A person whose job is to extinguish fires.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
lol wut?

Fire-fight-er

Noun
Pretty sure getting shot at while fighting said fire isn't part of the description.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
lol wut?

Fire-fight-er

Noun
Some peoples children

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Pretty sure getting shot at while fighting said fire isn't part of the description.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Which is why the SWAT team was there right?

Also, I'm not a fire fighter expert, but I believe fires can be put out from a helicopter too. Then no fire fighters get shot at.

Quote:
Some peoples children

Agreed...some peoples children "slap back"

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Shows how corrupt the police department are.

It's funny how just because he is hunting down law enforcement, there is somehow a one million dollar reward for the arrest of Dorner. If it happened to normal civilians, they don't do jack shit. You think a civilian would get police protection 24/7 just because your name was listed in a manifesto? No, all you would get is just a restraining order.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #15
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
In many places there are stiffer penalties for assaulting a police officer. I see the signs on the train every day - and that's just for train conductors.

My wife asked me why they weren't putting it out and the first thing I said is that I don't think you'd find a fireman in the state willing to roll up to a house with an armed quadruple murderer in it with nothing more than a hose. It's a suicide mission.

The guy in Alabama that took the kid hostage was also shot and he didn't kill anyone.

You have a suspect who you know just shot two cops that day and a cop and two civilians a week earlier and is continuing to engage you in a gun battle and you want the cops to just sit outside until he feels like coming out? If he came to the window with a gun and is shooting at law enforcement, deadly force is then protocol. That deadly force came in the form of fire this time. Would a bullet have been more humane? I don't see where the outrage is here.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Funny how none of the mainstream news outlets are touching that angle. America is a Police State.

When I was in Iraq and A-stan our rules of engagement.... dont fire unless fired upon...

Cops can mow down American citizens without cause (as shown with those 2 trucks) and nothing will happen to them. Maybe a paid "suspension". Sad.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
In many places there are stiffer penalties for assaulting a police officer. I see the signs on the train every day - and that's just for train conductors.

My wife asked me why they weren't putting it out and the first thing I said is that I don't think you'd find a fireman in the state willing to roll up to a house with an armed quadruple murderer in it with nothing more than a hose. It's a suicide mission.

The guy in Alabama that took the kid hostage was also shot and he didn't kill anyone.

You have a suspect who you know just shot two cops that day and a cop and two civilians a week earlier and is continuing to engage you in a gun battle and you want the cops to just sit outside until he feels like coming out? If he came to the window with a gun and is shooting at law enforcement, deadly force is then protocol. That deadly force came in the form of fire this time. Would a bullet have been more humane? I don't see where the outrage is here.
How about Waco?

Was it right to burn down the compound with 17 children inside?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

^Agreed...LAPD is out of control
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #19
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
It was cold in the San Bernardino mountains, they were just starting a fire to keep him warm....
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #20
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It's pretty amazing to me that out of all the 100's of police and/or SWAT vs. ONE man, we are the ones that can't get him using rules of engagement.

Also, how is it that he even lasted more than 10 minutes in a cabin set ablaze. The smoke alone should have took him out.

Just curious...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #21
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:
Gunfire is to be returned against someone who poses an immediate threat to their safety or the safety of others. It was used indiscriminatley against innocent civilians on multiple occasions. If he was shooting or preparing to shoot, it's appropriate to return fire. If he wasn't, the appropriate response is to wait him out, gas him out, or go in and get him (isn't that what SWAT teams are for in the first place?). Destroying a house is excessive force outside of a warzone...and sometimes even excessive inside one. We didn't even burn down Bin Laden's house!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #22
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gunfire is to be returned against someone who poses an immediate threat to their safety or the safety of others. It was used indiscriminatley against innocent civilians on multiple occasions. If he was shooting or preparing to shoot, it's appropriate to return fire. If he wasn't, the appropriate response is to wait him out, gas him out, or go in and get him (isn't that what SWAT teams are for in the first place?). Destroying a house is excessive force outside of a warzone...and sometimes even excessive inside one. We didn't even burn down Bin Laden's house!
Thank you! These tactical operations are what they are trained to carry out.

Right, we didn't burn Bin Laden's house down but he was responsible for about 2,996 more deaths than Dorner.
Appreciate 0