E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Someone cures cancer with pie pans, no seriously...

04-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

Someone cures cancer with pie pans, no seriously...

Cancer cured.

Last edited by iatacs19; 04-15-2008 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
wow...I don't know what else to say...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

They already have a drug that cures many kinds of cancer, but it's un patented so no corporations will throw money into the research to get it to marketed.
      04-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

I watched the whole thing on 60 minutes. Who the hell are you calling a "fucker" buddy? This guy has been battling cancer for 6 years himself, under going harsh treatments and all.

Now, based on his knowledge of radio waves, he's built a machine that uses radio waves and nano particles to fight cancer. His machine and idea looks VERY promising and has been tested in the lab and on animals. He's been trying to raise enough money to be able to seriously get this thing going. Sad part, he wont even be around to be cured by his own invention.

He initially used what he had lying around his house to build the machine, then he invested 200,000 of his own money to build a more presentable prototype. A prototype thats been working.

A scientist described his discovery as one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer history, and your referring to him as a "fucker?" Who the fuck are you? Have some respect.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
..Correction. He makes it so you can detect and get rid of cancer contingent on the application of nano technology that is not currently available.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
2K5 325i
srsly *****'n!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007/8 TiAg 335i 'Vert

I just emailed this link to my professor of a creative-technology class.

He asks for us to email him news for extra credit points and we are studying nano-technology applications right now.

If I don't get some fuggin extra points ima strangle 'em.
-Chris

(btw, thanks for the find!!!)

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #7
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
I watched the whole thing on 60 minutes. Who the hell are you calling a "fucker" buddy? This guy has been battling cancer for 6 years himself, under going harsh treatments and all.

Now, based on his knowledge of radio waves, he's built a machine that uses radio waves and nano particles to fight cancer. His machine and idea looks VERY promising and has been tested in the lab and on animals. He's been trying to raise enough money to be able to seriously get this thing going. Sad part, he wont even be around to be cured by his own invention.

He initially used what he had lying around his house to build the machine, then he invested 200,000 of his own money to build a more presentable prototype. A prototype thats been working.

A scientist described his discovery as one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer history, and your referring to him as a "fucker?" Who the fuck are you? Have some respect.
+1

Having had to see my entire family and a friend battle cancer it's not something to even joke about. My cousins wife had cancer of the sinus' and was cured of that. She went in for a check up in February and 4 or 5 different cancer spots were shown up. Last I heard the experimental treatment she was doing wasn't working and she went through 3 weeks worth of chemo in one day. If this doesn't work, it's only a matter of time.

I'm all for people having a positive attitude and joking around in the face of such diseases. But I was beyond pissed watching the movie Dodgeball, when Lance Armstrong made the very bad joke they stupid ass producers gave him. When he did that I lost all respect for the guy. It was in very poor judgement for him to do it.

I don't take "fucker" to heart. Because I know what you meant. You could have just said "Dude".
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #8
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Who the hell are you calling a "fucker" buddy?
It's called sarcasm lighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I don't take "fucker" to heart. Because I know what you meant. You could have just said "Dude".
Exactly, thanks.
      04-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
..Correction. He makes it so you can detect and get rid of cancer contingent on the application of nano technology that is not currently available.
exactly why he's been trying to raise so much money to get this thing going. But yes, cancer is NOT cured by this. But it was tested on a rat, and this was shown on film, who had a large tumor near its head. They injected the tumor with nano particles made from carbon, used radio waves to super heat the nano particles, and then showed the tumor under a microscope. The tumorous membrane showed signs of breaking down, it's structure was broken down just by that one treatment.

Before this machine and technique can be used to cure cancer, programmable nano particles need to be created. They would use nano particles made from gold and/or carbon, particles so small that a single red blood cell looks like a basketball next to a grain of salt (the nano particle). The nano particles would be injected into the blood stream, and since they're so small, would eventually touch and cover the entire body. But they would be programed to only bond to cancer cells, then the radio waves are used to heat the particles up so hot that the cancer cells are destroyed. This is also great news since minute traces of cancer cells (free radicals) can travel through the body and remain undetected, but with those tiny nano particles, every single one of the tiniest cancer cells would be found and destroyed.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post

Exactly, thanks.
alright alright, but lighten up on the sarcasm with these kinda subjects. Especially online, where its difficult to distinguish between sarcasm and whats real.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #11
jdink
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT

Quote:

Exactly, thanks.
Its called realize who your audience is and try to be considerate. You may say one thing in a group of friends and its fine, but if you were to make the same comment to say... everyone at your school/office its not being very considerate or aware of who your audience is.

Yes, a lot of people realize you don't really mean "fucker" in a hurtful way, but people who hold this issue closer to heart take are probbly offended by it, and rightfully so.

Just my 2 cents...
      04-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

oh, BTW, my father passed away from stomach cancer about 16 years ago when I was 4 years old. He was only 42, and left behind 2 kids, a wife, and 4 dental practices. Since then, my incredibly resilient and strong mother has remained single, raised us, and used her MBA to take over and run my father's dental practices single handedly and on her own. Though I was too young to remember much, almost nothing actually, about the cancer experience my family had to go through with him, it still does hit home.

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
oh, BTW, my father passed away from stomach cancer about 16 years ago when I was 4 years old. He was only 42, and left behind 2 kids, a wife, and 4 dental practices. Since then, my incredibly resilient and strong mother has remained single, raised us, and used her MBA to take over and run my father's dental practices single handedly and on her own. Though I was too young to remember much, almost nothing actually, about the cancer experience my family had to go through with him, it still does hit home.
My uncle had brain cancer for 8 years (7.5 years longer than he was supposed to live) so I can imagine.

If anyone want's to see some cool applications of nano technology they should watch Stargate. I know it is not to that point yet but it is making its way there! (lot of different medical and research purposes)
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #14
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
The technology is semi-available. Just needs to be tested further.

OP: I know you weren't trying to cause a problem, but could you please remove "F*****" from the title of your thread and change it to something else? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #15
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:

Exactly, thanks.
lol that's some intense sarcasm
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #16
White08M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
wow, what a smart guy....that is truely unbelievable. Hope it ends up working out....

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #17
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
alright alright, but lighten up on the sarcasm with these kinda subjects. Especially online, where its difficult to distinguish between sarcasm and whats real.
Group hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
The technology is semi-available. Just needs to be tested further.

OP: I know you weren't trying to cause a problem, but could you please remove "F*****" from the title of your thread and change it to something else? Thanks.
Done
      04-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #18
2K5 325i
srsly *****'n!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007/8 TiAg 335i 'Vert

Quote:
My uncle had brain cancer for 8 years (7.5 years longer than he was supposed to live) so I can imagine.

If anyone want's to see some cool applications of nano technology they should watch Stargate. I know it is not to that point yet but it is making its way there! (lot of different medical and research purposes)
Are you a Stargate fan?

My father has to be the biggest Stargate, SG-1, and Atlantis fan ever. He has seen every single episode without even considering missing one, and of course has them all on DVD. To my recollection, I can only remember 3 or 4 episodes in which Nano-technology was mentioned... but damn you have a good memory by calling that!

-Chris

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Cancer: cured on a Mac!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #20
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

LOL I love the title change.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #21
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
LOL I love the title change.
lol...

this is quite interesting. so you pretty much get a shot of metalic nanoparticles and walk into radiowave and walk out.
you are cured from cancer and you are free to go!

that is...IF they manage to make nanoparticles that can attach themselves to cancer cells.
Appreciate 0