E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2010 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

04-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #89
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Hamilton is pretty good.

Kubica continues to impress, considering he has a car that is inferior, yet he's always right up there in the fight.

And considering Alonso had a shot transmission it's amazing he kept up as well as he did, at least until his engine finally took a dump.

Considering the small number of engines the teams are allowed, he would have been better off parking the car early. But I can see why they gambled. But now he has no points and one less engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #90
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Don't take his side man.. You should know better than to agree with someone that is wishing and hoping for a driver to crash...
Why are you taking these comments to seriously? As I said before, I don't think anyone here wishes actual harm on any driver. Relax!!!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #91
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Kubica continues to impress, considering he has a car that is inferior, yet he's always right up there in the fight.
I've always liked Kubica. He and Vettel are my favorite personalities on and off the track as they always have something funny to say and remember that it's supposed to be fun.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #92
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Hamilton is pretty good.

And considering Alonso had a shot transmission it's amazing he kept up as well as he did, at least until his engine finally took a dump.

Considering the small number of engines the teams are allowed, he would have been better off parking the car early. But I can see why they gambled. But now he has no points and one less engine.
Even tho Ferrari blown an engine, but I wonder if they can "rebuild" it? :

LMAO..."RAMIREZ! DO EVERYTHING!"
      04-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #93
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Even tho Ferrari blown an engine, but I wonder if they can "rebuild" it? :

LMAO..."RAMIREZ! DO EVERYTHING!"
The weirdest thing about that is that the F1 site has Alonso as 2 laps back instead of DNF or Ret. I thought that was kind of weird.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #94
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
i geuss the race finished before other drivers get to pass him....

if i remember correctly, same thing when Kubica and Vettel crashed out on last lap in Melbourne last year.....
      04-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #95
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

It counts as a race finish for Alonso since he was in the final lap when vettel crossed the line and the new teams were as much as 2 laps behind...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #96
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
My classmates?? Are you going to make this personal now ???
For your information, I am 32 years old... which means that I was actually born before 1994 and remember watching my childhood idol Senna fatally crash.. So forgive me for thinking that it's in bad taste to wish a driver to crash his car.

As for F1 crashes in the last few years, are you serious? You don't remember Glock being out for three races, you don't remember Kubica crash in canada that could have easily killed him? You don't remember what happened to Massa?? Do you even watch F1?
I noticed than when someone hits one of your hot buttons that your posts become pretty adolescent.......so my bad for thinking you're a kid.

Glock and Kubica...barely scathed...time off was more a precaution than anything. Massa....freak accident...his actual crashing into the barrier did no harm to him at all.

Carry on....
      04-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #97
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
I noticed than when someone hits one of your hot buttons that your posts become pretty adolescent.......so my bad for thinking you're a kid.

Glock and Kubica...barely scathed...time off was more a precaution than anything. Massa....freak accident...his actual crashing into the barrier did no harm to him at all.

Carry on....

Man, seriously... I am not looking for an argument with you... You make a good point about how safe the modern F1 cars have become...
Still, I think you can hate on any driver all you want, just do not wish for them to crash even if they most likely won't get hurt as you say.

That's it... That's all I am trying to say.. Not sure why that is adolescent
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #98
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
I'm not saying who should get into an accident or what, but swerving like that is more like asking for trouble. Who know what these newbies in F1 will do. Even the experience ones will crash into eachother once a while. (Trulli and Sutil in Interlagos last year).....

Hamilton might be a bit lucky coz we don't know how Petrov will react or what and eventually cause an accident with hamilton. One slight inexperience judgement could cause the driver the race.
      04-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #99
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Man, seriously... I am not looking for an argument with you... You make a good point about how safe the modern F1 cars have become...
Still, I think you can hate on any driver all you want, just do not wish for them to crash even if they most likely won't get hurt as you say.

That's it... That's all I am trying to say.. Not sure why that is adolescent
I can apprecaite what you are saying. Just know that when I make a comment like that....similar to the one where I joked about Webber punting Hamilton off track again....that it is meant in jest and not for anyone to be injured.

Off topic: We all have to admit, a good crash is pretty damn spectacular to witness. I mean let's be honest how many people here rewound that Kobayashi incident in Australia when he t-boned 2 cars??
      04-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #100
tnt007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: black e92 dct m3

thanks for all the nice pics
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #101
gts135
German car nut
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 135iM - Cashmere silver

Everytime Hamilton moves the Renault moves after him. Not the other way around except right at the braking zone where the Renault moves to the racing line. Legit move in my view and, obviously F1's because they didn't actually assess a penalty. I wouldn't give him the luxury of the tow either!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #102
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Vettel!
Attached Images

04-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #103
the///Mthree
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
BTW, have you seen any F1 crashes in that last 5 years?! The technology is so good that a car can hit a wall dead-on, explode into a million pieces and the driver walk away unharmed.
The more you open your mouth the more you prove your an idiot
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #104
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Vettel!
Great, finally! So many great drivers, but after the last two runs, Vettel deserved to win.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #105
Alow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, F36 430i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts135 View Post
Everytime Hamilton moves the Renault moves after him. Not the other way around except right at the braking zone where the Renault moves to the racing line. Legit move in my view and, obviously F1's because they didn't actually assess a penalty. I wouldn't give him the luxury of the tow either!
I have to agree with him.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #106
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the///Mthree View Post
The more you open your mouth the more you prove your an idiot
coming from a genius like yourself, I'll take that as a compliment. i can only dream about obtaining 1% of the knowledge you've displayed in your previous posts. genius, pure genius. thx
      04-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #107
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

haha whatever guys, but to whomever said Schumi is not phsyically strong anymore: look at his arms in the pictures from before the gp and tell me what you think. I think he's in as good a shape as ever. Not that it matters anymore, though; these days they ask them to lose weight (look at alguersuari, and remember when Kubica went through an intense programme to lose something liek 5kg?)
Appreciate 0