E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > New personal site up

03-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #23
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

You should pick up Macromedia Flash, Nikki - in regards to creativity, it's literally endless when you're utilizing Flash.

With typical HTML, you're bottlenecked to using plain design with text/pictures...that's it.
      03-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #24
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
platforms? those are tacky.
Yeah, platforms...tacky now, eh? Trends move fast I guess...still lots of gals out here in the West wearing them...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #25
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
You should pick up Macromedia Flash, Nikki - in regards to creativity, it's literally endless when you're utilizing Flash.

With typical HTML, you're bottlenecked to using plain design with text/pictures...that's it.
I learned it somewhat in school but not really. The only thing I succeeded in making was a very trippy psychedelic random spurt of colorful images that were definitely not organized in a purposeful way at all.

Also I don't like to use flash because it is not friendly to all broswers and needs to be updated a lot. I know whenever I get a "click here to download flash in order to view" i just X the window. Unless it's really important for me to view it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Yeah, platforms...tacky now, eh? Trends move fast I guess...still lots of gals out here in the West wearing them...

yeah well i'm rather conservative. i don't wear shorts or skirts and i won't buy anything i feel is going to go out of style in the next 5 years.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #26
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:

yeah well i'm rather conservative. i don't wear shorts or skirts and i won't buy anything i feel is going to go out of style in the next 5 years.
Hence the BMW
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #27
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Hence the BMW
haha classic

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #28
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
I learned it somewhat in school but not really.
Well, practice makes perfect. The more you learn, the better you'll become - in regards to the update thing - it's only required for websites that utilize the latest version of Flash. Most people already have the latest version installed and if you don't like visiting Flash websites...you are missing out from the "real" websites.

I fooled around Flash for just a year part-time as a teeny bopper in HS and made this website for a club during college during the ancient era: http://home.san.rr.com/hapa/
      03-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #29
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Well, practice makes perfect. The more you learn, the better you'll become - in regards to the update thing - it's only required for websites that utilize the latest version of Flash. Most people already have the latest version installed and if you don't like visiting Flash websites...you are missing out from the "real" websites.

I fooled around Flash for just a year part-time as a teeny bopper in HS and made this website for a club during college during the ancient era: http://home.san.rr.com/hapa/
Wow that's pretty cool, I guess I'm just not as interested in web deisgn as I am in photography. Or maybe it has to do with the comment I made about the shoes-plain and conservative, lol that's me. Although my site IS bright purple haha.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #30
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom

Haha... so cute.

Nice pics.
aaawwwwwww