E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Write-up on professional flagging for ALMS

08-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
brave1heart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

Write-up on professional flagging for ALMS

My friend EJ who has been flagging for a few years did a great write-up on his experience with professional flagging at the ALMS Lime Rock race. I thought it was pretty cool to find out what really goes into flagging at that level --

http://www.onehotlap.com/2012/08/pro...coop-from.html
      08-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
NutsaboutM3
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Apline White

Thanks for sharing that. It's a good reading.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
brave1heart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

Pretty interesting notes by the author in the Comments section of the post that the extent of flaggers' pay is "A free meal and a free beer at the end of the day. Sometimes a t-shirt or series patch, too." Even for an ALMS race? A few HPDEs run by BMW and Porsche clubs hire flaggers who are paid to do it. Probably because they wouldn't otherwise pay to go see us race