E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > I Already have my Tickets to F1 USGP

08-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #45
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Austin traffic can definitely be rough. But it's worth saying that the city isn't a stranger to large influxes of people for events (UT football, ACL, SXSW, etc.). I don't know that traffic within the city is going to be as much of an issue as traffic getting down to COTA. There are only two roads that access the facility and they are both two-lane "country" roads. I'm betting that race day will be a clusterf*ck of epic proportions.

Of course, there are six helicopter pads.
Traffic is going to be insane. They are shutting down the roads in and out of the track. No one will be able to even get near the track without a pass. Can't even have a taxi or limo drop you off. All access will be done from the park/ride parking lots, unless you have a pass. They don't have enough time to address parking and widening the roads going into the facilities. Next year should be a lot better.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #46
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Recent press releases also intone that there might not be any on sight camping allowed this year. There goes my plan for missing the traffic nightmare that this year will be.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #47
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Recent press releases also intone that there might not be any on sight camping allowed this year. There goes my plan for missing the traffic nightmare that this year will be.
There won't be any unless you want to fork out $15k for one of the 78 VIP RV spots.
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0