E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Megaupload Shut Down

01-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #23
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
FTFY (as an example).

The fact is these sites are the distribution network for the stolen goods. One single pirate can't reach 50M people a day. The sites help them reach a larger audience. If you take out the distribution network then the good can't be moved around.
i knew somebody was going to say something like that... totally true, but drug dealers have no positive benefit, whereas a filesharing service does. i've sent personal videos before to friends and family before. kinda hard to send 1 gig video in fragments through email...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #24
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
i knew somebody was going to say something like that... totally true, but drug dealers have no positive benefit, whereas a filesharing service does. i've sent personal videos before to friends and family before. kinda hard to send 1 gig video in fragments through email...
sounds like weed for people who use it medicinally. Overwhelmingly the site is used for illegal means, a site to share large files like that would be a great thing though. Intentioned for that i should say.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #25
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i guess we'll just wait and see how this whole thing plays out

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #26
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

how is YouTube any different?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #27
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
FTFY (as an example).

The fact is these sites are the distribution network for the stolen goods. One single pirate can't reach 50M people a day. The sites help them reach a larger audience. If you take out the distribution network then the good can't be moved around.
then why isn't google shut down? All the things I download I find from google. Google leads me to megaupload, or rapidshare, etc. Google is no different from megaupload, it leads me directly to illegal stuff just as quickly as any other place.
      01-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #28
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
then why isn't google shut down? All the things I download I find from google. Google leads me to megaupload, or rapidshare, etc. Google is no different from megaupload, it leads me directly to illegal stuff just as quickly as any other place.
thats what SOPA, PIPA, etc was for. But what it comes down to is who is directly doing what and also intent, at least for me. megaupload intends to share pirated goods. google intends to link websites to people through searches.

P.s. was wondering how long it would take, some of the people high up at the websites that protested have complained saying its a slippery slope to becoming an advocate for all issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #29
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
you guys see that picture saying that downloading michael jackson's songs = 5 years in jail under sopa/pipa but killing michael jackson is 4 years in jail? lolol

Appreciate 0