E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 2014 Audi RS7 Video

01-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #45
Uiop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMWs are good, but Audi build quality and use as a daily is unbeatable IMO. And why call AWD for idiots. I live in Boston and 90% of BMWs I see are xDrive. Look at VW group and AWD. Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, and some Porsche are all AWD. Hell look at the GTR.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #46
clumsyalex
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Garage List
2019 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uiop
BMWs are good, but Audi build quality and use as a daily is unbeatable IMO. And why call AWD for idiots. I live in Boston and 90% of BMWs I see are xDrive. Look at VW group and AWD. Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, and some Porsche are all AWD. Hell look at the GTR.
Agreed. People need to understand that RWD is not "better" than AWD nor does it take more "skill" to drive. It's just that the learning curve is different for each. At the end of the day, the lap times speak for themselves.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #47
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uiop View Post
Purpose-built supercars and weather needs are an exception. Simply wanting AWD to be faster than someone on the street is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumsyalex View Post
Agreed. People need to understand that RWD is not "better" than AWD nor does it take more "skill" to drive. It's just that the learning curve is different for each. At the end of the day, the lap times speak for themselves.
I'd never take AWD unless it was absolutely necessary. You're insane to think that AWD takes an equal amount of skill to drive as a RWD car of equal class. I'm assuming you've never really pushed a car or learned how to drive on the edge grip levels. It's infinitely more fun to drive a RWD car that has a better weight balance, an adjustable demeanor, and a controllable rear end.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #48
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Also, worst posts I see are people claiming that their AWD vehicles are faster when it's raining or snowy. What kind of dumbfuck drives fast in hazardous conditions...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #49
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
What kind of dumbfuck drives fast in hazardous conditions...
People in Audii and Subarus are usually the first people in the ditch in inclement weather. I nearly got clobbered by an EVO in Atlanta last year when I was driving my M Coupe (to sell it) in the snow, he was going sideways at about 90 through heavy traffic doing about 45. He ended up going into the median and hitting a barrier, fortunately he didn't hit any cars or appear to hurt himself.

It always amazes me to see folks with awd or 4wd trying to outdrive the conditions. It seems like a fairly universal thing, even in Germany, I was always amazed at the awd crowd trying to go faster than the flow of the Autobahn in heavy rain.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #50
Uiop
Private First Class
Rep

Again, look at the GTR
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #51
decknail
Registered
Rep
Drives: toyota

No doubt Audi is nice. Audi RS7 more power car is always a good thing. That's one of the nicest looking cars Besides, the interior is best not only in class, but one of the best overall.
      01-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #52
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

this looks really good.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #53
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
People in Audii and Subarus are usually the first people in the ditch in inclement weather. I nearly got clobbered by an EVO in Atlanta last year when I was driving my M Coupe (to sell it) in the snow, he was going sideways at about 90 through heavy traffic doing about 45. He ended up going into the median and hitting a barrier, fortunately he didn't hit any cars or appear to hurt himself.

It always amazes me to see folks with awd or 4wd trying to outdrive the conditions. It seems like a fairly universal thing, even in Germany, I was always amazed at the awd crowd trying to go faster than the flow of the Autobahn in heavy rain.
LOL, so true. They think that AWD will defy the laws of adhesion. Not noly that, but they are usually terrible drivers!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #54
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yes. They speak for themselves: The fastest cars around most tracks are RWD, driven by skilled pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
LOL, so true. They think that AWD will defy the laws of adhesion. Not noly that, but they are usually terrible drivers!
+1

In bad weather conditions, like rain you drive slower or in snow you put winter tires. An X5 M with its 20" summer tires is not better off than an M3 with proper winter tires. And if you want AWD for being faster than other in bad weather conditions you are no better than the douchbag street drifting/racing and puting other innocent to danger.

Last edited by BMW269; 01-28-2013 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #55
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
Purpose-built supercars and weather needs are an exception. Simply wanting AWD to be faster than someone on the street is stupid.

I'd never take AWD unless it was absolutely necessary. You're insane to think that AWD takes an equal amount of skill to drive as a RWD car of equal class. I'm assuming you've never really pushed a car or learned how to drive on the edge grip levels. It's infinitely more fun to drive a RWD car that has a better weight balance, an adjustable demeanor, and a controllable rear end.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 08:16 AM   #56
Jai 302
Banned
Rep
Drives: F13 640i

Quote:
LOL.

Sure, the Viper and Vette are much easier to drive and do not post better track times than a GTR or a Porsche 911./sarcasm

Till some regular production AWD DCT and whatever other 3 letter acronym equipped car bets a Viper GTS at any track, I'm not buying this bs.

Back on topic, everything from Volkswagen sucks.

Ford/Chevrolet/Nissan/Honda/etc > Volkswagen
BMW > Audi
Ferrari > Lamborghini
Aston Martin > Bentley
Rolls Royce > Bentley
Corvette > Porsche

And yes I will also say Maserati > Porsche because they stick to what they're good at and don't intend on rebadging FWD based ugly Audi Q5's (Porsche Macan). Volkswagen makes an interesting case as it owns "lesser" brands (with the exception of Porsche) than the competition and aims to try and compete with them. Get over it VW! A Lambo is a lot of things but one thing it is not is a Ferrari. Same goes for BMW vs Audi.
Appreciate 0