E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Cocky a-holes who always like to correct grammar

05-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
blue-e92
Private
Rep
Drives: MB E92

Cocky a-holes who always like to correct grammar

this isnt english class. ppl need information and want it quick and they type however it's convenient for them if you can comprehend then help or not help its up to you they dont need some asshole always correcting their grammar i believe those are the most arrrogant sobs on this forum who gives a shit why would you waste your type posting a reply "do you need english lessons?"

oh my bad, i typed the world's longest run-on sentence. grow the fuck up.

i posted this because i see so many smartasses and their sarcastic comments. there are other kinds of sense of humor.
cocky mfkkers.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-e92 View Post
this isnt english class. ppl need information and want it quick and they type however it's convenient for them if you can comprehend then help or not help its up to you they dont need some asshole always correcting their grammar i believe those are the most arrrogant sobs on this forum who gives a shit why would you waste your type posting a reply "do you need english lessons?"

i posted this because i see so many smartasses and their sarcastic comments. there are other kinds of sense of humor.
cocky mfkkers.
It's more than that, you ignorant snob. It's demonstrating that you have intelligence and maturity, something that would otherwise be very hard to do without well structured paragraphs and sentences.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
blue-e92
Private
Rep

Originally Posted by cor0na3xtra
do you need english lessons?

thats one in response to zpatrick's post.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
blue-e92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
It's more than that, you ignorant snob. It's demonstrating that you have intelligence and maturity, something that would otherwise be very hard to do without well structured paragraphs and sentences.

that wasnt even your original sentence. you even rephrased it through the edit feature just so you can make a worthless point. haha that's hilarious.

if i ever need to post a topic, i feel like i have to have a thesis, some body paragraphs, and a conclusion -otherwise someone like tiag335 will waste 15 seconds of his/her life to correct me since my college degree is nowhere posted on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
that wasnt even your original sentence. you even rephrased it through the edit feature just so you can make a worthless point. haha that's hilarious.
You're ridiculous...go to school.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post

+1
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #8
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Well what do you expect from public schools.

Public education = failure

To the op, buy a dictionary and a spell/grammar check.

lol
      05-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
xT4iw4n3zx
Private
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 09' E90 LCI

Quote:

cocky mfkkers.
Sarcastic comments? How about having to spend more time deciphering what the hell some people on this forum are saying, being with the major chat-speak cloaks some people put on. Doing things right the first time, means more time saved later.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
blue-e92
Private
Rep

well guys i meant this for those who have the tendency to correct people's grammatical errors.

zpatrick posted something, and someone typed "take english lessons".

it wasn't aimed at me but i just think it's unnecessary.

i guess if this is what this forum is about then it is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #11
xT4iw4n3zx
Private
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:

if i ever need to post a topic, i feel like i have to have a thesis, some body paragraphs, and a conclusion -otherwise someone like tiag335 will waste 15 seconds of his/her life to correct me since my college degree is nowhere posted on this forum.
There's your answer. Should havve went to a University my friend.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #12
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

IMO if they're simply trying to help those with bad grammar learn then I'm all for it. But I do agree that sometimes some people are just out there to poke fun at others.

To your original post: we all know this isn't an english class. However, it does help to write out your full thoughts in correct grammar. I'm not sure if you know this but there are a lot, and I mean a lot, of high school as well as college students here. Due to communication methods such as AIM and text-messaging, many of them now type in abbrieviated messages as well as not worrying about grammar. What I've noticed happening (in my experience) is that they would end up forgetting how to write properly. Those are the people that find it hard to write essays as well as communicate properly. As we all know, communication is pretty damn important nowadays.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #13
xT4iw4n3zx
Private
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
well guys i meant this for those who have the tendency to correct people's grammatical errors.

zpatrick posted something, and someone typed "take english lessons".

it wasn't aimed at me but i just think it's unnecessary.
I agree with you there on the "take english lessons" comment. I do find them annoying, and rather ignorant. Saying comments like that is like "throwing" a book at someone and expecting them to score 100% on the subject. Throwing those types of comments at people is just as useless, especially if their new to a country. Just give them time.

What I think you should have made a post for is :"A-holes who throw ignorant comments". I dont think this is so much to do with "correcting" english, as much as just being "ignorant" to imperfect english.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xT4iw4n3zx View Post
There's your answer. Should havve went to a University my friend.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #15
xT4iw4n3zx
Private
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
Those are the people that find it hard to write essays as well as communicate properly. As we all know, communication is pretty damn important nowadays.

To all those High School students reading this. Want a good future?
Four things in life that will bring you good fortune:

1) Writing - Writing extremely well communicates your focus towards another person. Employers hire people who get the point across.

2) Reading - Reading extremely well allows you to interpret, and convey thoughts and concepts.

3) Speaking - Speaking extremely well says a lot on it's own. Who do you think is going to have a better future? A person who goes "Yo wassup dog" or "Glad to meet you. How are you today?"

4) Interest - Put the above three things, and then include your area of interest. Whether Sciences, Medicine, Law, or Business.

Having the first three says a lot of how you were raised, what kind of education you received, and reflections as to how good you parents were.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #16
xT4iw4n3zx
Private
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
Haha, looks like I made a mistake. Allow me to correct myself:

"Should have went to a University"

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #17
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xT4iw4n3zx View Post
Haha, looks like I made a mistake. Allow me to correct myself:

"Should have went to a University"

You need a subject in front of "Should" hahaha just being a dick.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #18
xT4iw4n3zx
Private
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
You need a subject in front of "Should" hahaha just being a dick.
Haha, Cut a Taiwanese-Brother some slack man
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #19
rdsport323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

I usually don't care about grammar or spelling errors.. but when the title of a post says "BORDUM" ... it just bothers me since it is in the title, and I have to look at it every time I browse the new posts. How can you misspell boredom. I can understand if you misspell something by leaving a letter out , or when the letters are jumbled, like "taht".. but BORDUM? .. come on.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #20
xT4iw4n3zx
Private
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsport323 View Post
I usually don't care about grammar or spelling errors.. but when the title of a post says "BORDUM" ... it just bothers me since it is in the title, and I have to look at it every time I browse the new posts. How can you misspell boredom. I can understand if you misspell something by leaving a letter out , or when the letters are jumbled, like "taht".. but BORDUM? .. come on.
Sometimes I wonder how the English language ever came to the conclusion that the word "though" should be spelled like that. It's so naturally intuitive to say "tho" if you're creating a language.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #21
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:

cocky mfkkers.
Don't let them get to you,haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #22
dhan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 TiAg E92 335i

actually, coming from computer savvy forum communities, I'd say that e90post is super lenient in terms of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. if you misspell elsewhere, they tear you apart, but from what I've seen here, just make your sentences comprehendible and don't make yourself sound like a 5th grader and you should be fine.
Appreciate 0