E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Government Spending

03-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Government Spending

So my school spent $24k on a mock drunk driving accident right in front of the building. They had two wrecked cars, 8 "Living Dead" (kids they pretend died in fatal alcohol related classes, who's faces they paint and arent allowed to talk), A car accident/ heart monitor clip that played every 15 minutes throughout the school, and a mock funeral.....

Yeah drunk driving is a problem and people should be aware of it, but 2 days, $24,000, all for what has really been pretty

Just wanted to vent that

Obama '08
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid4323 View Post
So my school spent $24k on a mock drunk driving accident right in front of the building. They had two wrecked cars, 8 "Living Dead" (kids they pretend died in fatal alcohol related classes, who's faces they paint and arent allowed to talk), A car accident/ heart monitor clip that played every 15 minutes throughout the school, and a mock funeral.....

Yeah drunk driving is a problem and people should be aware of it, but 2 days, $24,000, all for what has really been pretty

Just wanted to vent that

Obama '08
Actually your parents pay too much in education for private schooling.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

my school did that too.. they brought a coffin to school and everything.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
well i hope you guys at least get the message. 24k might look like a lot but if 10 of you guys get it, then that's saving the gov't money right there, and saving you your life
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I go to a public school, a 99.8% white public school with more money then most private schools, but none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
well i hope you guys at least get the message. 24k might look like a lot but if 10 of you guys get it, then that's saving the gov't money right there, and saving you your life
I agree but the way they present it makes it a joke nearly, my school has a drinking problem, its not gonna change for some mock accident.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
BlackSapphireZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 GLE 53 Coupe

how about 42mil to send out the notice for tax return ?
      03-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #7
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

I guess ours seems to be the coolest.. When I still went there.
"Shattered Dreams", it's a pretty lame name.. and the school is La Porte High School.
Apparently the richest of the schools in the district, until HISD ordered our school to give up pretty much all of our revenue to other schools. Which they spent on new football fields that are heated from the ground, with turf and etc.. Pretty much nothing but new athletic related stuff. And now, 2 or 3 years later and the "Robin Hood act" is finally done with, our school is finally getting new facility's which we needed.. and now I've graduated so I can't enjoy them.. -___-

Anyways, LPTV (School film class) shoots everything that happens and compiles it into a video.. Pretty good, probably as good as the reenactments on most t.v. stations. '07 was the best, and all of the others that have been made are either corny or lame.

A street corner on the edge of school property is closed off for a day.
Two wrecked cars are hauled in for a fake crash scene. 8-10 students acting at the crash playing as victims and friends of the victims.. They march everyone outside to sit in bleachers and watch everything go down.

Usually two people show up to the crash and then call the cops. About 6-8 cop cars show up, 2 police bikes, 2 ambulances, a fire truck or two, and maybe some more about two minutes after the call. They bust out the jaws of life and everything, load people into the ambulances and stuff. The cops usually take statements and do their whole thing. Life flight usually comes and carries one person off. A hearse or two will come and pick up the dead students.. Then tow trucks come after around two cops are left and take the wreckage away.

The next day a memorial service is usually held in the gym with open caskets, family of the people that died, and students giving speeches about their friends death and not drinking and driving. Then later on in school they show the video footage they compiled into a story from the day before.

Basically a realistic reenactment of a crash and what everyone does.
A big waste of money as well probably, but a lot of people seem to not drink and drive as much. Instead they decide to spend the night wherever they are at.
I didn't mind it because it's 2 days without school work.

Keep in mind that La Porte is a fairly big city, and that a good majority of the cops are at this event for 2 or so hours. Basically if you want to rob a bank or commit any crimes, this is the perfect time.. It's also not the perfect time to get in an accident that you might need help in..

Link to the '05 senior video.
http://youtube.com/results?search_ty...tegory=0&page=
For some reason they didn't upload the last two.. '07 seemed to be the best.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention the grim reaper and him taking students during class, painting their faces, and then they can't speak for the rest of the day.

-Nathan
      03-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
I would rather the Government spend $24K on trying to teach kids something then $300 billion or so killing them (iraq).

Tuned E92 335, Riss Racing downpipes! And hopefully over 400RWHP!!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
They're also not getting much of a return on their investment.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0